ESPN Crew is Maddening!

Marv Levy

This article is right on the money. My god do I hate Joe Theisman. He has got to be the worst commentator. Patrick is no prize either. So we will soon see and hear Joe with Al Michaels on MNF??! TIME FOR THE MUTE BUTTON FOLKS!! Talk about bumbling and stumbling!

Link:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051...?tbd1013389.asp

:doh:

This article is right on the money. My god do I hate Joe Theisman. He has got to be the worst commentator. Patrick is no prize either. So we will soon see and hear Joe with Al Michaels on MNF??! TIME FOR THE MUTE BUTTON FOLKS!! Talk about bumbling and stumbling!

Although remember that next year the game that is played on Sunday night this year will be played on Monday Night next year, and vice versa. So, it will be a lot easier to ignore the Monday night game...

JDG

Link:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051...?tbd1013389.asp

:doh:

496927[/snapback]

They were just as bad last night, too. I couldn't shake the feeling that they were upset about an actual football game interrupting their Terrel Owens coverage...

Then there was this clever criticism of the Bills' ball possession offense.

"You can't just run 11- or 12-play drives," said Theismann.

Actually, I believe Norman Theesman was correct on this comment if you keep it in context. If memory serves, what he was saying was you can't run 11 or 12 play drives and keep coming up with three points against the Patriots, and he was right. We need to get the ball into the endzone when we're in the redzone because we're not good enough defensively to win a game of field goals.

Actually, I believe Norman Theesman was correct on this comment if you keep it in context. If memory serves, what he was saying was you can't run 11 or 12 play drives and keep coming up with three points against the Patriots, and he was right. We need to get the ball into the endzone when we're in the redzone because we're not good enough defensively to win a game of field goals.

496961[/snapback]

"Norman" good one. That was a classic Theeseman.

BTW, while we're trashing ESPN announcers:

Is there anybody on TV worse than Kenny Mayne? How can anyone be that UNfunny? A couple of guys trying hard to be as bad as Kenny...Neil Everett and Scott Van Pelt. These jamokes make me miss Stuart Scott.

"Norman"  good one.  That was a classic Theeseman.

BTW, while we're trashing ESPN announcers:

Is there anybody on TV worse than Kenny Mayne?  How can anyone be that UNfunny?  A couple of guys trying hard to be as bad as Kenny...Neil Everett and Scott Van Pelt.  These jamokes make me miss Stuart Scott.

496972[/snapback]

How about when Theeseman said the following about Flutie's son, why the camera showed Doug's family in the press box.

"Well his son dougie doesn't seem very interested in his daddy's work. He is not even looking on the field."

Uh, I think he is autistic?

i dont know who said it... but:

"I bet even the Buffalo Bills want him to have a great game today".

It was the other "Norman Einstein" in the booth, Mike Patrick. :o;)

He was gushing all over himself like he'd just eaten a Bruschi (We're not worthy!) retatta.