Katie

Disclaimer: I have zero interest in Scientology. It's very likely that whatever I learn about it will be in passing or by accident. With that said, I hold no ill will toward it or anyone involved.

I had the Today show on this morning when I was getting ready for work. Katie had some guy on from the Church of Scientology. She was basically getting in his face about their beliefs, but it seemed she had done her research for the interview over a span of about ten minutes. She asked him questions about psychiatry and its drugs, along with one about Scientology's propensity to sue.

Her question about psychiatry was vague and her tone was obnoxious. His answer was extremely thin on detail and to me seemed like BS. Even so, it far exceeded her question in terms of information.

When she changed the topic to the legal questions, her wording, tone and the look on her face were amazingly combative. His answer was basically that there had been some big lawsuit in 1991 and a few small ones since, but that they had exactly zero lawsuits (as defendant or plaintiff) at the present time.

I'm confused as to why NBC would schedule this in the first place. If they are against Scientology, why give it the air time? If you're going to give it the air time, why not have a staff member visit the libarary or internet for an hour or so before the interview? Katie could have done better research by looking at the back of a box of Lucky Charms.

Weird.

She was basically getting in his face about their beliefs
her tone was obnoxious
her wording, tone and the look on her face were amazingly combative

when Katie was a little girl she asked her parents for a penis for Christmas. they were poor...so they were unable to purchase the balls that didn't come included.

katie has been bitter ever since.