This whole Karma Thing...

Kipers Hair

Does anyone really buy into this whole good Karma, positive thought thing? When it comes to your personal life, I get it as we do have bearing on that. But why the whole "you need to be positive" spin with the Bills? My outlook will have no impact on what this team does. If we all hold hands while spanning America, singing Kumbaya and having positive "Bills" thoughts, will Losman be able to read a defense and lead men? Will Josh Reed stop sucking? Will our O-Line become competent?

Get off it - if I want to be a disgruntled fan...so be it. Fire Donohoe now!!!!

If we all hold hands while spanning America, singing Kumbaya and having positive "Bills" thoughts, will Losman be able to read a defense and lead men? Will Josh Reed stop sucking? Will our O-Line become competent?

Of course. You'd be surprised what happens when you don a set of rose colored glasses. Truth is no longer truth, facts are no longer facts, no more wars, no more crime, no more death, no more pain, no more reality. Everything is glitter, pomp, neon lights, tranquility... kinda sorta like how one feels after licking a mushroom stamp.

Does anyone really buy into this whole good Karma, positive thought thing?  When it comes to your personal life, I get it as we do have bearing on that.  But why the whole "you need to be positive" spin with the Bills?  My outlook will have no impact on what this team does.  If we all hold hands while spanning America, singing Kumbaya and having positive "Bills" thoughts, will Losman be able to read a defense and lead men?  Will Josh Reed stop sucking?  Will our O-Line become competent? 

Get off it - if I want to be a disgruntled fan...so be it.  Fire Donohoe now!!!!

492176[/snapback]

I think karma is more of a "What goes around, comes around" type deal. I don't really believe in it, but I'd like to.

I'm just trying to figure out what we Bills fans did as a whole to deserve this. :(

I think karma is more of a "What goes around, comes around" type deal.  I don't really believe in it, but I'd like to. 

I'm just trying to figure out what we Bills fans did as a whole to deserve this.  :(

492300[/snapback]

Here's the thing about Karma. People never assume it's Karma happening to them. THey always assume that after something bad happens, it will catch up to the person, entity, team that caused it. They never seem to comprehend that Karma has just paid them back.

As to the positive thinking thing, it works. The rub is you have to actually believe it. If you are seeing the world through rose colored glasses, but secretly thinking the worst is going to happen, well, ain't nothing good going to come of that.

Basically, in recent history, as Bills fans we're always wondering how we will lose a game. I bet a lot of the Patriots fans wonder how they're going to win. Just a theory, but I know last night I was thinking about how we would snag defeat from the jaws of victory. Anderson missed his block, Holcomb fumbled, and we did.

I was openly praying for Bruschi's death on the field last night.  Wonder if that had anything to do with it......

492331[/snapback]

Why on earth would you do such a thing? Did you even stop to think how the Bruschi groupies in the booth would react to that? My God, you think they were insufferable as they were... :(

Of course, this is Bruschi. Even dead, he would have had at least fifteen "hits" in the final quarter...

Even dead, he would have had at least fifteen "hits" in the final quarter...

492334[/snapback]

Mike Patrick: Belichick, in his most ingenious move ever, will have the wedge use Bruschi's corpse as a battering ram on this return!!!

Joe Theismann: Belichick is taking a page right out of the playbook of Norman Einstein!!!

Paul Maguire: You wanna take about a cadaver with desire... Watch this!!!

Mike Patrick:  Belichick, in his most ingenious move ever, will have the wedge use Bruschi's corpse as a battering ram on this return!!!

Joe Theismann:  Belichick is taking a page right out of the playbook of Norman Einstein!!!

Paul Maguire:  You wanna take about a cadaver with desire... Watch this!!!

492350[/snapback]

Ah, the old "Weekend at Bernies" play. It's a classic.

Well, if you must know, I had my Bills flag out till about halftime, when I took it down because I was going to the bedroom to watch the end of the game. And what happens? We lost. Now, if I had left the flag out the entire game, we'd be celebrating being in 1st for the AFC East. That's Karma.