THHUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH.......

Rayzer32

Hey, I'm not questioning anybody in particulars loyalty to their favorite team or why they starting rooting for that team...it's just amazing how many Yankee fans there are out there now that they've regained their winning ways.  Where were all these fans in the 80s?  It's so easy to root for a winner. I don't care for the BoSox but I commiserate with their fans, they've had it rougher than the Bills and their fans still stick with the team.  I'm sure there are hardcore Yankee fans like that as well, but they get drowned out by every Minnesota Twins loving fan out there who has to have a “second favorite” team so they can  root for a winner.  <_<

35764[/snapback]

Are you from NY?? I would find it hard to believe you are. Yankees fans have been around forever and the Yanks have been the most popular team forever. There has never been a lack of or letdown of Yankee fans EVER. If you live in NY you would know that. And is it wrong for me to root for the Minnesota Twins since the only pro ball team I have to watch in town is their farm team. Always been a Yanks fan, but have always backed the farm teams prospects too. Is that so hard to understand???? Maybe where you come from you are only allowed to pull for one team and one team only.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, candidate for foot in mouth post of the year!

Gotta love baseball.  It's really never over until it's over.

Bonds also hit HR #700 tonight.

35777[/snapback]

Yup, I've been flossing toe jam out of my teeth for about an hour now.

I wish I saw that BB HR.

I'm a Twins fan first because I'm from Rochester where thier farm team plays, so I have to root for the guys I saw play here.  Still a Yankees fans too.  They are the home state.  If it came down to the Yanks and Twins, I don't know who I would pull for.   

She said when they struggled, you couldn't find a Red Sox fan out of state anywhere.  Now they seem to be everywhere.  Just like Pats fans.

35768[/snapback]

Actually, I've been an avid Sox fan since 1968 and except for when I went to school at BU in 76-80, I haven't lived in Mass. So I think that theory is a bit over-stated!

THHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAANKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS ARE STILL ONLY SECOND BEST IN MLB.........

So please shut it already.

No one cares.

35790[/snapback]

You're right...no one cares. There are only three pages of dialogue about the Yankees-Red Sox. But let's change the subject. Let's talk about the team with the best record in baseball...the ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. With Carpenter, Suppan, Marquis and Morris, they are a LOCK to win it all. Sarcasm off.

I respect St. Louis as a great baseball town, with a great fan base. But if there were ever fans rooting for a team that could finish with the best record in baseball, and then call for the manager's head when the season ended, it would be this year's Cardinal fans. Because that's exactly what I think will happen if the Cards fall in the playoffs, and no offense, BF, but I think you will be leading the charge.

Actually, I've been an avid Sox fan since 1968 and except for when I went to school at BU in 76-80, I haven't lived in Mass.  So I think that theory is a bit over-stated!

35786[/snapback]

Well that is coming from someone who has been a Red Sox fan in Boston for 23 years and now in NY for 10 years. I would tend to agree with her. She knows both points of view pretty well. And until the last year or two, I can personally say I have never seen so many Red Sox hats around NY as I have this year. I am willing to bet 90% of them are just Yankee haters wearing them and couldn't name 5 players on the Red Sox.

One thing I know Rayzer.  The game is never over until it says FINAL on the scoreboard or television.

35802[/snapback]

Unless its a Patriots game and they have to reverse a call to change the outcome! <_<

I know, I know. I have stated numerous times already that I f-d up.

You're right...no one cares. There are only three pages of dialogue about the Yankees-Red Sox. But let's change the subject. Let's talk about the team with the best record in baseball...the ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. With Carpenter, Suppan, Marquis and Morris, they are a LOCK to win it all. Sarcasm off.

I respect St. Louis as a great baseball town, with a great fan base. But if there were ever fans rooting for a team that could finish with the best record in baseball, and then call for the manager's head when the season ended, it would be this year's Cardinal fans. Because that's exactly what I think will happen if the Cards fall in the playoffs, and no offense, BF, but I think you will be leading the charge.

35799[/snapback]

I don't think I toted too much about my team in this thread, I have kept quiet about it lately. All this Yankees garbage makes me want to start again, because like I said, they aren't the best.......and when it's over we will be the best. PERIOD.

Well that is coming from someone who has been a Red Sox fan in Boston for 23 years and now in NY for 10 years.  I would tend to agree with her.  She knows both points of view pretty well.  And until the last year or two, I can personally say I have never seen so many Red Sox hats around NY as I have this year.  I am willing to bet 90% of them are just Yankee haters wearing them and couldn't name 5 players on the Red Sox.

35803[/snapback]

Well frankly you don't know what you're talking about. There was a survey 3 years ago asking who you rooted for and it was asked to NYC residents.

17% amswered Red Sox.

There are a number of bars that are now "Red Sox friendly" and a few have been round for years.

I've lived in the Upper West Side for 10 years and have always seen Red Sox fans in NYC. Bandwagon my ass.

And how does 2 championships match up with 26.  Not even close.  16 game win streak means what?  Nothing much.  The A's won 21 games in a row last year and they got what/  Nothing.

Red Sox won tonight because I jinxed the Yanks.

35738[/snapback]

Maybe you should use your awesome jinx powers on the Raiders this weekend <_<

And how does 2 championships match up with 26.  Not even close.  16 game win streak means what?  Nothing much.  The A's won 21 games in a row last year and they got what/  Nothing.

Red Sox won tonight because I jinxed the Yanks.

35738[/snapback]

Don't flatter yourself the score of the game would have been the same even if you remained silent. Allowing the Yankee arrogance to get the better of you only removes any doubt as to what a fool you are.

Don't flatter yourself the score of the game would have been the same even if you remained silent. Allowing the Yankee arrogance to get the better of you only removes any doubt as to what a fool you are.

35883[/snapback]

And what a chicken stevestojan B word you are hiding behind a guess post. If you're going to call someone a fool have the balls to do it with a registered post. B word!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

And what a chicken stevestojan B word you are hiding behind a guess post. If you're going to call someone a fool have the balls to do it with a registered post. B word!!  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

35885[/snapback]

Temper. Temper. Big Boy

The Yankees would have been better off if they kept Flash Gordon in there.  He was dominating.  <_<

35916[/snapback]

You're suggesting that Torre not go with Rivera in a 2-1 game in the ninth inning? Sure, it didn't work out last night, but I believe Rivera has done enough to earn the trust of people who make the decisions, and people who just cheer for the Yankees.

Sorry, but there is never a time when you pitch Gordon instead of Rivera in a 2-1 game in the ninth. Gordon did his job last night; Rivera had an off night. But if the same situation comes up again today, Rivera comes into the game.

And BF...I agree that you have been a little quiet about the Red Birds lately. But I'm sure you're aware no one is going to remember that St. Louis finished with the best record in baseball unless they win the World Series. You won't see any Sports Illustrated hard-cover special editions for finishing with the best record in the regular season and losing in the playoffs.

And BF...I agree that you have been a little quiet about the Red Birds lately. But I'm sure you're aware no one is going to remember that St. Louis finished with the best record in baseball unless they win the World Series. You won't see any Sports Illustrated hard-cover special editions for finishing with the best record in the regular season and losing in the playoffs.

36001[/snapback]

Of course I know that..........but for all the times I have listened to the Yankees fans tell me "it's only July" every other night I see a post like this snoozer.........