runningit up?

youngunz

What makes you think that Norv didn't bring it up? 

Also, he didn't start his post game comments talking about the TD.  He was asked about it, and he responded that he would've taken a knee, etc.

Honestly, I view it as a non-issue, but to each his own.

486925[/snapback]

You of all people should know there's no such thing as a "non-issue" on the Stadium Wall, Campy. <_<

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly.  I guess I lost my head there for a second. <_<

486932[/snapback]

Now, apparently calling out the coach for calling out the Raiders is the equivalent to fans calling it an issue, from the merge-job that just happened. Why merge these two and not the 30 "Here are my thoughts on what's wrong with the team (which are too important to stick in a reply to an existing thread)" threads?

Right now I want to see if he has this team ready to play in New England. Thats the team he needs to "circle in blood".

486926[/snapback]

very true...but to circle a game on the schedule in blood you have to be somewhat talented......that'll come hopefully

Why merge these two and not the 30 "Here are my thoughts on what's wrong with the team (which are too important to stick in a reply to an existing thread)" threads?

486939[/snapback]

Oh, I dunno, I just felt like screwing around with people I guess.

I'll let you know my plans for fun this afternoon though: I'm going to start merging "TD BAD" posts into the Lost thread. <_<

What makes you think that Norv didn't bring it up? 

Also, he didn't start his post game comments talking about the TD.  He was asked about it, and he responded that he would've taken a knee, etc.

Honestly, I view it as a non-issue, but to each his own.

486925[/snapback]

even if NORV brought it up, he should say: "well, i appreciate the sentiment, but i have a lot bigger problems than that right now." how hard is that?

it doesn't matter how you slice it, he should be ashamed to mention/discuss/cry about that last touchdown, when we were so outclassed on defense.

look at it this way: if you're norv, what is the reason you DON'T score that last TD? why is everyone taught that is a bad thing? it is because you don't want to "humiliate" an inferior opponent, one whom you've obviously outclassed. right?

so if that's true, the only reason to be offended by such an act, is if you TRULY ARE outclassed and humiliated- otherwise, the TD becomes nothing more than an exclamation point at the end of a hard-fought battle, one that was presumably closer than the score.

this is not st. agnes of long island beating cuba by 100 points in the super 16, this is the NFL. there is no reason for the raiders not to score. there is every reseon for the bills, UNLESS they are cuba to oakland's st. agnes, to just toughen up and stop them! and if they can't do that, then THAT is what is wrong! and mularkey should be honest enough with us (not to menstion himself and his players) to say so.

man campy, i love ya brother, but you sound exactly like me before i finally realized what a caved-in house of cards this franchise truly is.

there is no reason for the raiders not to score.  there is every reseon for the bills, UNLESS they are cuba to oakland's st. agnes, to just toughen up and stop them!

I'll turn it around and ask what's the reason for the Bills to stop that last TD? At the end of the day, it doesn't effect anything.

Kneeling the ball shorts sportsmanship which is apparantly lacking in Oakland. Dungy didn't say, "Hey Texans, stop us if you can!" and try scroing again with little time on the clock. Why not? Because they have sportsmanship.

CW

I'll turn it around and ask what's the reason for the Bills to stop that last TD?  At the end of the day, it doesn't effect anything.

486980[/snapback]

Yup, you can try to stop the meaningless TD and risk injury or just ole out of the way and let them have it, which is more or less what they did.

even if NORV brought it up, he should say: "well, i appreciate the sentiment, but i have a lot bigger problems than that right now."  how hard is that? 

it doesn't matter how you slice it, he should be ashamed to mention/discuss/cry about that last touchdown, when we were so outclassed on defense. 

look at it this way:  if you're norv, what is the reason you DON'T score that last TD?  why is everyone taught that is a bad thing?  it is because you don't want to "humiliate" an inferior opponent, one whom you've obviously outclassed.  right?

so if that's true, the only reason to be offended by such an act, is if you TRULY ARE outclassed and humiliated- otherwise, the TD becomes nothing more than an exclamation point at the end of a hard-fought battle, one that was presumably closer than the score. 

this is not st. agnes of long island beating cuba by 100 points in the super 16, this is the NFL.  there is no reason for the raiders not to score.  there is every reseon for the bills, UNLESS they are cuba to oakland's st. agnes, to just toughen up and stop them!  and if they can't do that, then THAT is what is wrong!  and mularkey should be honest enough with us (not to menstion himself and his players) to say so.

man campy, i love ya brother, but you sound exactly like me before i finally realized what a caved-in house of cards this franchise truly is.

486959[/snapback]

Sorry jes, but I strongly disagree.

MM was asked a question, and he indicated that he was angry about his football team being embarrassed. How could he disregard this and make it appear OK for his team to be abused?

There is an unspoken code against doing this. Gibbs could have done it to us in the superbowl but did not. Remember?

Nah man, I gotta strongly side with MM here.

Jmo.

A little faith in MM has been restored

Raiders Show No Class: Since Sunday's loss Coach Mularkey has made a few comments regarding the Raiders running up the score by going in for a touchdown with :14 left in the game. He discussed it with Raiders coach Norv Turner after the game and Turner said that Mularkey would understand in the future. Mularkey said he would take a knee in a similar situation like he did last year against St. Louis. Turner said the team wanted the score so they went for it. The Buffalo News reports that sources say Raiders owner Al Davis is upset about the touchdown since it rubs it in against his friend, Ralph Wilson.

He discussed it with Raiders coach Norv Turner after the game and Turner said that Mularkey would understand in the future.

487235[/snapback]

that's condescending

"one day when you grow up mikey, you'll understand what it's like to be norv"

that's condescending

"one day when you grow up mikey, you'll understand what it's like to be norv"

487242[/snapback]

It's also BS. I cant remember the last time I saw a team score that late with the game well in hand. Just in college games. Turner is a moron and he fits the Faiders just fine.

Sorry jes, but I strongly disagree.

MM was asked a question, and he indicated that he was angry about his football team being embarrassed. How could he disregard this and make it appear OK for his team to be abused?

There is an unspoken code against doing this. Gibbs could have done it to us in the superbowl but did not. Remember?

Nah man, I gotta strongly side with MM here.

Jmo.

486994[/snapback]

yeah i remember.

i guess i am just looking for SOME indication that he's more worried about the first 31 points than the last 7. :doh:

...unless he already realizes this team is beyond hope, and there's no point in telling the truth about them in public :P .

yeah i remember.

i guess i am just looking for SOME indication that he's more worried about the first 31 points than the last 7.  :P

...unless he already realizes this team is beyond hope, and there's no point in telling the truth about them in public ;) .

487541[/snapback]

Then why not focus on the other 900 words in his press conference instead of those 20? Sounds like he isn't the one who's spending too much time worrying about this issue... :doh: