Should the Bills stay...

30dive

I’m not giving up, so do not take this in the wrong way, but, do the Bills really need to win? I’m not predicting the early demise of Ralph Wilson, but as it has been pointed out so many times here, the new owner/s will have a big choice to make very early in his tenure and it will have nothing to do with who the starting Quarterback will be.

Should the Bills stay in Buffalo?

Tom Donahoe and his bunch have done a great job of selling tickets and creating a training camp environment in Pittsford that would make the folks at Disney proud, but the wins are not coming, and the real question is will they or better yet do they have to?

Bills fans MUST buy tickets if the want to keep the Bills in town, win or lose the stadium has to be filled. A new owner (unlike a losing team in lets say Washington or New York) is not going to keep a team in “shrinking” city if the revenues do not make sense and the only way the revenues are going to remain up is if the seats are full. So we the fans are in that location called “ between a rock and a hard place”. If the Bills are winning, of course, just like any football town, the ticket is a tough item to get, but when we lose “eventually” the fan base is going to shrink, the ticket sales are going to go down, the revenues will drop. But in Buffalo the fans know that if they do not buy those tickets they will lose their team, it seems to me a form of unspoken extortion. Keep coming to the games, buy the merchandise, go to training camp, spend hours on your favorite Bills web site, maintain the Buffalo Bills “buzz” all year, but recognize that like you the fan we “want” to win but “we “ really don’t have to.

If there were ever a market that deserved a franchise - it is Buffalo. I don't blame the fans for supporting this team. The Bills are in our blood.

It's markets like Oakland - where the upper decks are nearly completely empty - that don't deserve a franchise.

What a disgrace.

You are right, there are many cities in which the fans only show up when they are winning...Atlanta comes to mind. We support our team win or lose! I'm just really starting to wonder if we will ever win again.......especially under this "leadership"

If there were ever a market that deserved a franchise - it is Buffalo.  I don't blame the fans for supporting this team.  The Bills are in our blood.

It's markets like Oakland - where the upper decks are nearly completely empty - that don't deserve a franchise.

What a disgrace.

485032[/snapback]

You are correct beyond words. A few years ago, none other than SDS stated that he is "more of a fan of Bills Fans" than a fan of the Bills. He was dead effing on right.

Being at at RWS is SOOOO much better than being at the Meadowlands it is beyond words. The jests even tried to get MORE gentrified and move to a stadium with no parking lot and no tailgates. Just a strip of bars with $12.00 beers.

RWS is the home of down to earth, real people. After the Miami game, people I did not know were slapping me five and yelling "Go Bills." The team was 2-3, but it was as if we had won a playoff game.

In my not so smart opinion, Bills Fans are a big part of what makes the NFL so special. We are a "never say die" lot.

I for one have been too critical of one particular aspect of the team. I think that I was right, but what is far more important is the fact that being a Bills fan means a ton. We are people who will complain, but never give up. We will argue, but share a fraternalism. We will be faced with defeat and sorrow yet stand tall.

No, the Bills should NEVER leave WNY. To do so would be to disenfranchise a ton of fans across America, and even the world from what I see on TSW.

I will go as far as to declare that I am picking the Bills in our football pool to beat NE on Sunday night. The patsies are not so great either.

Sorry for the rant. :angry:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO TBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the bills will never leave buffalo in my life time.

i know, because if they tried.... there would be some seriously pissed off people.

there are only maybe 2 or 3 other NFL teams who are more rooted in their city.

the bills will never leave buffalo in my life time.

i know, because if they tried.... there would be some seriously pissed off people. 

there are only maybe 2 or 3 other NFL teams who are more rooted in their city.

485274[/snapback]

Time to play devil's advocate....

Out of those two or three teams in similar standing as the Bills: Green Bay is publicly held - can't move, won't move. Pittsburgh Steelers - winning history + Rooney family continuity make them a non move. Extracting the new stadium reinforces their status. Cleveland Browns - we all saw what that prick Art Modell did to the city. Fortunately there was enough of an uproar and a strong enough economic base to bring the team back. Unfortunately in that three year absence they lost all of the charcter of the team and have been saddled with a substandard team. Cronell is, however, a good start back to respectability. But the Dawg Pound in the new stadium is ridiculous - it's like teenagers wearing tie dye t-shirts to a Grateful Dead cover band show. You can't recapture the moment.

Which brings us to the Bills. Ralph has never publicly set down his succession plan. WNY is a depressed economy. We had better hope for a knight in shining armor to come in when Ralph checks out and hope that the new owner is happy being the big fish in a small pond because if the bean counters ever come in we're toast.

Don't get me wrong - I hope the Bills never leave Buffalo in my lifetime or ever. I think it would be a big loss to WNY and the nfl. But I am a realist and guys like Daniel Snyder, Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft etc. are the major players in the financial end of the nfl and they don't give a crap about history and the fans. They only care about the money that they can make.

I’m not giving up, so do not take this in the wrong way, but, do the Bills really need to win?  I’m not predicting the early demise of Ralph Wilson, but as it has been pointed out so many times here, the new owner/s will have a big choice to make very early in his tenure and it will have nothing to do with who the starting Quarterback will be. 

Should the Bills stay in Buffalo? 

484737[/snapback]

No, move the team to Orchard Park

Time to play devil's advocate....

Out of those two or three teams in similar standing as the Bills: Green Bay is publicly held - can't move, won't move. Pittsburgh Steelers - winning history + Rooney family continuity make them a non move. Extracting the new stadium reinforces their status. Cleveland Browns - we all saw what that prick Art Modell did to the city. Fortunately there was enough of an uproar and a strong enough economic base to bring the team back. Unfortunately in that three year absence they lost all of the charcter of the team and have been saddled with a substandard team. Cronell is, however, a good start back to respectability. But the Dawg Pound in the new stadium is ridiculous - it's like teenagers wearing tie dye t-shirts to a Grateful Dead cover band show. You can't recapture the moment.

Which brings us to the Bills. Ralph has never publicly set down his succession plan. WNY is a depressed economy. We had better hope for a knight in shining armor to come in when Ralph checks out and hope that the new owner is happy being the big fish in a small pond because if the bean counters ever come in we're toast.

Don't get me wrong - I hope the Bills never leave Buffalo in my lifetime or ever. I think it would be a big loss to WNY and the nfl. But I am a realist and guys like Daniel Snyder, Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft etc. are the major players in the financial end of the nfl and they don't give a crap about history and the fans. They only care about the money that they can make.

485307[/snapback]

If the money is right, Ralph, or his successor, will turn his back on Buffalo in an instant. Smarten up people! The Bills do not care about you, or how much you love the team, or how much you have supported it over the years. It is a business, just like any other.

If the money is right, Ralph, or his successor, will turn his back on Buffalo in an instant. Smarten up people! The Bills do not care about you, or how much you love the team, or how much you have supported it over the years. It is a business, just like any other.

485403[/snapback]

RW could have jumped ship years ago if he wanted to. He cares about the Bills and wants to see them in WNY. When he passes though, I have a feeling the franchise will go to the highest bidder. Does Galisano like football?