The "TD" needs to leave thread...

Like A Mofo

Its time for Tom Donahue to be shown the door folks. Sure business wise he has helped the team, and yes, he injected some enthusiasm back into the Bills when they were at their lowest point in 2001, but it is clear as DAY that his philosophies on building a winner are not going to work here. Period.

This is a team that cannot come up with big plays in games on the road against a team that is decent or better OVER AND OVER again!! That is not just coincidence in my eyes. And it goes beyond even the players on the field and the coaching staff. You have to start with the GM in this case.

He hires coaches that he is able to control. His personnel decisions are questionable, the way to win the NFL is to start on the offensive and defensive lines and work your way out from there. Sure he made some real good moves (TKO, Sam Adams etc). But winning teams start in the trenches. How come he cannot realize this by now?

Skimp on the OL and try to bring in retreads and build a dominant OL. Sure that will work, so many teams do that right? :angry:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its time for Tom Donahue to be shown the door folks.  Sure business wise he has helped the team, and yes, he injected some enthusiasm back into the Bills when they were at their lowest point in 2001, but it is clear as DAY that his philosophies on building a winner are not going to work here.  Period. 

This is a team that cannot come up with big plays in games on the road against a team that is decent or better OVER AND OVER again!!  That is not just coincidence in my eyes.  And it goes beyond even the players on the field and the coaching staff.  You have to start with the GM in this case.

He hires coaches that he is able to control.  His personnel decisions are questionable, the way to win the NFL is to start on the offensive and defensive lines and work your way out from there.  Sure he made some real good moves (TKO, Sam Adams etc). But winning teams start in the trenches.  How come he cannot realize this by now?

Skimp on the OL and try to bring in retreads and build a dominant OL. Sure that will work, so many teams do that right?   :angry:

483580[/snapback]

C,mon now after all the great offensive and defensive lineman he has brought to this club and if you want to discount him there his record in Buffalo alone proves his worth. I can't believe some fans just don't see all the positives he's brought. Some of you guys are just crybaby's. Be real fans grow up and accept mediocrity!

C,mon now after all the great offensive and defensive lineman he has brought to this club and if you want to discount him there his record in Buffalo alone proves his worth. I can't believe some fans just don't see all the positives he's brought. Some of you guys are just crybaby's. Be real fans grow up and accept mediocrity!

483626[/snapback]

:angry::doh::lol:

Its sad. Really sad.

Whats next, bottom out, draft leinart, have Teflon Tom promise us the world again in 2-3 years to extend his stay?

This is a team that cannot come up with big plays in games on the road against a team that is decent or better OVER AND OVER again!!  That is not just coincidence in my eyes.  And it goes beyond even the players on the field and the coaching staff.  You have to start with the GM in this case.

483580[/snapback]

That's really the bottom line. The team has been mentally soft, incapable of overcoming the slightest adversity on the road since about 1999.

You know I have been a supporter of the coaches and GM for a while. I resisted the knee-jerk reactions after bad losses. But this Oakland games leaves me speechless. This Buffalo Bills team is a punching bag. Soft on defense, weak O-line, questionable play-calling, indecisive at QB, this team is no better than the one Tom Donahoe took over in 2000.

JP Losman may be a great QB, Willis McGahee may be a great RB, but the surrounding cast of players is horrible. OC Tom Clements play-calling has been bizarre. Jerry Grey's schemes have been ineffective, and there has been no adjustment.

I hate to say it, but we may have to blow this team up and start over again.

PTR

You know I have been a supporter of the coaches and GM for a while.  I resisted the knee-jerk reactions after bad losses.  But this Oakland games leaves me speechless.  This Buffalo Bills team is a punching bag.  Soft on defense, weak O-line, questionable play-calling, indecisive at QB, this team is no better than the one Tom Donahoe took over in 2000. 

JP Losman may be a great QB, Willis McGahee may be a great RB, but the surrounding cast of players is horrible.  OC Tom Clements play-calling has been bizarre.  Jerry Grey's schemes have been ineffective, and there has been no adjustment.

I hate to say it, but we may have to blow this team up and start over again.

PTR

483760[/snapback]

Not sure a full blow up is needed but many changes must happen.

TD gone

Jp back in as starter

Tom Clements gone maybe wyche of MM as OC

Denny Anderson on bench, Peters moved to Tackle, Gandy at Guard, Duke at Center.

resign Terrence McGee, do not pay the price for nate

Sam, Eric, Vincent, Teague - see ya

As I said last week, TD tries to build the team on the cheap. He trades down in the draft for mediocre players instead of combining choices to move up for IMPACT players. Drafting lots of 2nd day players gets you an average team. He has hit on some players ( McGee, Schoebel) but more times than others they miss or leave when they've learned the trade in Buffalo.

They must trade up with this years choices and get two high impact players, first on Defense then Offense. With money saved from multiple picks go after 2-3 free agent impact players. Let the soft and old go and get JP time this year.

I am sick of watching this soft and inadequate team get humiliated week after week. With impact players our D can get off the field. You get demoralized when they run it down your throat and your O can't get on the field.

Not sure a full blow up is needed but many changes must happen.

TD gone

Jp back in as starter

Tom Clements gone maybe wyche of MM as OC

Denny Anderson on bench, Peters moved to Tackle, Gandy at Guard, Duke at Center.

resign Terrence McGee, do not pay the price for nate

Sam, Eric, Vincent, Teague - see ya

483783[/snapback]

Nate is waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overated. If anyone gives him big money it will be friggin hilarious. This whole defense is/was way overated. Their numbers from last year were crap. When it really matters they cannot perform. I reallly expected this team to beat Oakland. They fooled me again. <_<:lol::w00t::w00t:

As I said last week, TD tries to build the team on the cheap. He trades down in the draft for mediocre players instead of combining choices to move up for IMPACT players.

Dude... I hate to be the one to tell you this, but he traded up to get impact players Ryan Denney and JP Losman. He also brought Bledsoe in here for the bargain rate of a 1st round pick.

What has Donahoe done to deserve this kind treatment?  He didn't play one down today.

483828[/snapback]

Who makes the personel decisions on draft day? Who makes decisions on talent? Who decides which players come and which players go? Who decides who is worth fitting under the cap and who isn't? A GM is the one who puts the players on the field that will either make or brake a team each and every year. A GM is the number 1 individual responsible for building a team and he's had 5 years to get us at least 1 playoff game. Is he the only one? No, but right now if you had to name someone who is most responsible he's No 1. Does that answer your question?

What has Donahoe done to deserve this kind treatment?  He didn't play one down today.

483828[/snapback]

Should we never fire coaches and GM's?

How many years do we give him?

(Any reply that contains the expression 'salary cap hell' will be disregarded.)