(OT) Fantasy Football Help needed

gflande1

Heres my lineup. who would you start. Also, J. Bettis is available in my league (TD), who would you cut to make room for him?

Who should be my starters? Also, Bettis is available in my league, should I cut someone to pick him up?

QB D. McNabb (Phi - QB) Min

WR E. Moulds (Buf - WR) @Oak

WR J. McCareins (NYJ - WR) @SD

WR M. Muhammad (Car - WR) @KC

RB P. Holmes (KC - RB) Car

RB T. Barber (NYG - RB) Was

TE T. Gonzalez (KC - TE) Car

Bench J. Porter (Oak - WR) Buf

Bench D. Bledsoe (Buf - QB) @Oak

Bench N W. McGahee (Buf - RB) @Oak

Bench N D. Terrell (Chi - WR) @GB

Bench N A. Gates (SD - TE) NYJ

K J. HallP (Was - K) @NYG

DEF Buffalo (Buf - DEF) @Oak

Bench Kansas City (KC - DEF) Car

I wouldn't cut anyone to make room for Bettis. He's not going to get any yards and the 3 TD was a career high....don't bank on that every week. Even if he averages one a week, he'll get less than ten points and that sucks for a starting RB.

If I were you, I'd package a TE along with a WR in an attempt to land another good RB. You are very thin there...obviously Holmes and Barber are your starters. Magahee is only going to be worth starting if TH gets hurt. If Barber loses carries on the goal line, you will feel the pain.

As for WRs, they are all good so I'd look at the matchups. Either McCareins or Muhammad could have big days against crappy Ds.

Heres my lineup. who would you start. Also, J. Bettis is available in my league (TD), who would you cut to make room for him?

Who should be my starters? Also, Bettis is available in my league, should I cut someone to pick him up?

QB D. McNabb (Phi - QB) Min

WR E. Moulds (Buf - WR) @Oak

WR J. McCareins (NYJ - WR) @SD

WR M. Muhammad (Car - WR) @KC

RB P. Holmes (KC - RB) Car

RB T. Barber (NYG - RB) Was

TE T. Gonzalez (KC - TE) Car

Bench J. Porter (Oak - WR) Buf

Bench D. Bledsoe (Buf - QB) @Oak

Bench N W. McGahee (Buf - RB) @Oak

Bench N D. Terrell (Chi - WR) @GB

Bench N A. Gates (SD - TE) NYJ

K J. HallP (Was - K) @NYG

DEF Buffalo (Buf - DEF) @Oak

Bench Kansas City (KC - DEF) Car

34936[/snapback]

It's hard to give advice in other ppls leagues. There are a lot of factors that go into picking up a player.

First, I would can KC DEF. They suck. Is Washington still available. I think that GW will get that DEF ready in a hurry.

Do you have to have a backup for all your positions? A. Gates and Bledsoe are wastes.

Problem is no one is going to trade a good RB for a WR and TE, unless you give up the best ones on your team.

I would pick up Bettis OR DeShaun Foster (S Davis out 3-5 weeks) for a RB. Cut Gates for one of those guys or the KC DEF.

Do you have to have a backup for all your positions?  A. Gates and Bledsoe are wastes.

35194[/snapback]

Antonio Gates is a waste? Did you see his week 1 stats? You either keep him in case Gonzo gets hurt or use him in a possible trade later down the road. Maybe even trade Gonzo, if Gates continues to produce. You don't want to cut a quality backup if you don't have to.

It's hard to give advice in other ppls leagues.  There are a lot of factors that go into picking up a player.

First, I would can KC DEF.  They suck.  Is Washington still available.  I think that GW will get that DEF ready in a hurry.

Do you have to have a backup for all your positions?  A. Gates and Bledsoe are wastes.

Problem is no one is going to trade a good RB for a WR and TE, unless you give up the best ones on your team.

I would pick up Bettis OR DeShaun Foster (S Davis out 3-5 weeks) for a RB.  Cut Gates for one of those guys or the KC DEF.

35194[/snapback]

Whoah now, don't drop Gates trade him

You should probably dump a defense...but maybe not KC as everyone is suggesting.

Do you get points for special teams (yardage and/or TDs)? If yes, then the value of the KC defense just went up.

Do you get points for PA (points allowed)? If yes, then Buffalo's stock rises. KC gets in to too many high scoring games and, therefore, would be a liability.

Are the most DEF points created by turnovers? If yes, then KC gets the advantage. KC tied for fifth best in the NFL in takeaways last season. Buffalo?....dead last.

Antonio Gates is a waste?  Did you see his week 1 stats?  You either keep him in case Gonzo gets hurt or use him in a possible trade later down the road.  Maybe even trade Gonzo, if Gates continues to produce.  You don't want to cut a quality backup if you don't have to.

35209[/snapback]

Yea, I saw Gate's stats, but for his team and the # of roster spots picking up Bettis or Foster as a backup is better than having him.

On the flip side, what would you trade for A. Gates and a WR? Would you even get a starting RB in the league?

I wish I was in a leauge with people like you  :blush:

35427[/snapback]

For the way his league is, with out a Wildcard place to play a RB/WR/TE, Gates is a waste on his team because he is already going to start Gonzalez each week.

Would you play Gates instead of Gonzalez?

Again I ask the question: what would you trade for A. Gates and a WR? Would you even get a starting RB in the league?

Since you are obviously more smarter than I.

For the way his league is, with out a Wildcard place to play a RB/WR/TE, Gates is a waste on his team because he is already going to start Gonzalez each week.

Would you play Gates instead of Gonzalez?

Again I ask the question: what would you trade for A. Gates and a WR? Would you even get a starting RB in the league?

Since you are obviously more smarter than I.

35448[/snapback]

Heres my bench as of now:

Roy Williams

R. Wayne

M. Muhammad

Boo Williams

Steven Jackson

D. Foster

J. Harrington

I would give up any of these players for Gates, solid TE's are hard to come by.

Here are the defenses. Any you would pickup over KC?

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

New Orleans

Jacksonville

Oakland 

Indianapolis

Denver

New York Giants

New York Jets

Washington

San Francisco

Cincinnati

Detroit

Cleveland

Houston

Arizona 

San Diego

35794[/snapback]

My first choice would be Washington.

Heres the top 10 Runningbacks available. Anyone you would start over Barber?

E. Smith 

D. Foster

T. Wheatley

W. Green 

L. Gordon

T. Bell

J. Bettis

L. Jordan

J. Fargas

G. Hearst

35791[/snapback]

Foster, he was stellar in replacing Davis last year.

Heres my bench as of now:

Roy Williams

R. Wayne

M. Muhammad

Boo Williams

Steven Jackson

D. Foster

J. Harrington

I would give up any of these players for Gates, solid TE's are hard to come by.

35516[/snapback]

If I had Gonzalez and Gates on my team. I would give you Gates for Deshaun Foster or M. Muhammad. Of course, that all depends on what my needs were at the time.

Heres the top 10 Runningbacks available. Anyone you would start over Barber?

E. Smith 

D. Foster

T. Wheatley

W. Green 

L. Gordon

T. Bell

J. Bettis

L. Jordan

J. Fargas

G. Hearst

35791[/snapback]

E. Smith - No this week, playing NE. But might be worth picking up.

D. Foster - Definitely. S. Davis is out.

T. Wheatley - No against buffalo. If the starter, but not very good.

W. Green - No.

L. Gordon - Cinc right? I would have to see one good week from him first.

T. Bell - No

J. Bettis - Balt this week? No I wouldn't play him, but a good pickup.

L. Jordan - No

J. Fargas - No

G. Hearst - No

Here are the defenses. Any you would pickup over KC?

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

New Orleans

Jacksonville

Oakland 

Indianapolis

Denver

New York Giants

New York Jets

Washington

San Francisco

Cincinnati

Detroit

Cleveland

Houston

Arizona 

San Diego

35794[/snapback]

Do the D's get return yard (D.Hall?). If so, like someone else said, KC isn't too bad then.

If no, Definitely, Washington. Pitt or Denver might come around.