my trip to buffalo

jdubs

My gf and I drove 6 1/2 hours from CT. on Saturday morning, rolling into Buffalo around 1:30. We checked into our room at the Hampton Inn in Cheektowaga and checked out the surrounding area. We ended up at Niagra Falls later that day and went down to downtown Buffalo that night. I must say, that everyone we met on the trip was super nice from the people on the highways to the friendly Bills fans Janet & Glenn who sat behind us in sec. 107. We got to the Ralph on Sunday and parked and drank with fellow fans and got into the stadium maybe 15 mins. before kickoff. We watched the game and had a blast watching the boys run all over the Jets, and some guy next to us had to leave shortly after halftime because he was so wasted, he puked right in front of his seat. But after leaving the game and getting back to our car, I noticed that someone had gotten into our car and stole my radar detector and took my carrier bag that had all my lyrics and a couple of paychecks of mine in it (no worries, I have automatic deposit). It's weird that they left CD, all of our beer, and they even took out a bag of peanuts out of my bag before grabbing it. It kinda sucks since my gf bought me the radar detector for Xmas and we needed it for the ride home. I noticed that there were a ton of cops on the way there and back. We drove home yesterday and stopped at Howe Caverns on the way. All in all, we had a great time and hopefully we'll be back soon!

sorry to hear that...i wasn't aware getting your car broken into at a bills game was a big issue

i hope that detector wasn't a V1

479188[/snapback]

It was a Cobra, I forget what kind, but I know my gf spent like $120 bucks on it. It had voice alerts and everything, it was pretty nice. I picked up another cheap ass one at the galleria mall on the way back, but I'm going to return it. I miss my old one :D

How much security is there in the Ralph Wilson Stadium parking lot before-during and after games? Maybe they should beef it up 200%. I'll bring a pitbull and keep him in the back seat while I'm in the Stadium watching the game. :(:angry::o

It was a Cobra, I forget what kind, but I know my gf spent like $120 bucks on it.  It had voice alerts and everything, it was pretty nice.  I picked up another cheap ass one at the galleria mall on the way back, but I'm going to return it.  I miss my old one  :angry:

479193[/snapback]

You didn't leave that in the window in plain view did you? :(

How much security is there in the Ralph Wilson Stadium parking lot before-during and after games? Maybe they should beef it up 200%.

479213[/snapback]

Or maybe you should park in Hammer's Lot. For the opener, my Wrangler was parked between the sidewalk and the tent, tops down and doors unlocked. Everything was just like we had left it when we returned to Hammer's after the game. :(

You didn't leave that in the window in plain view did you?  :(

479214[/snapback]

I did, my gf asked me if I wanted to put it away, but I've never had a problem before and I've been in some pretty ghetto areas in CT. But it's my own dumbass fault for not listening to her.

I had my car broken into last year when we made the trip to Baltimore...

I haven't been that pissed in a long time....They took all my cd's and stuff in glove box but we had 3 suitcases in the trunk that were untouched....I figured my out of state license plate had something to do with it.....the thing that pissed me of the most was I was parked 3 spaces away from the attendants hut and paid $25 to park there....

Oh well...what can you do........at least no damage to my car.....

Or maybe you should park in Hammer's Lot. For the opener, my Wrangler was parked between the sidewalk and the tent, tops down and doors unlocked. Everything was just like we had left it when we returned to Hammer's after the game.

That was you? I was walking by Hammer's Lot to the Big Tree with my Dad, as a fellow Wrangler owner who also drove topless to the stadium (and paked in the lot that came with our tix) I was a bit nervous. Then I see this great looking blue Wrangler with magnetic Bills decals on the side. I said to my Dad, I have to get some of those. Where did you get those?

I forgot what lot we parked in, but it was across the street from Gate 3, and there was a smallfootball field, or practice field behind the parking lot. I remember seeing alot of radio station vans and stuff parked there as well.

dude... I hope your ss# wasn't on your paycheck info.  If so, I'd be sweating a tad.

479245[/snapback]

Nope, I'm safe. I checked with our payroll person, they only show the last 4 digits on our pay stubs.

That was you?  I was walking by Hammer's Lot to the Big Tree with my Dad, as a fellow Wrangler owner who also drove topless to the stadium (and paked in the lot that came with our tix) I was a bit nervous.  Then I see this great looking blue Wrangler with magnetic Bills decals on the side.  I said to my Dad, I have to get some of those.  Where did you get those?

479244[/snapback]

:( That was me!

I've had those so long, I don't remember where exactly they came from - but I'm thinking Sully threw them in the bag after I bought a Winfield authentic at his place back, shoot, 5 years ago or so. I usually have them on the breakerbox door which is in my game room/bar, but I slap them on the Jeep Sunday mornings during football season. :angry:

Those are awesome. I wish I had those decals. They really look sharp on the Wrangler.

I had to content myself with the NYS Bills license plate. Let me tell you, I've been keeping an eagle eye on my Wrangler this week for fear of idiots after we smoked the Jest.

Those are awesome.  I wish I had those decals.  They really look sharp on the Wrangler. 

I had to content myself with the NYS Bills license plate.  Let me tell you, I've been keeping an eagle eye on my Wrangler this week for fear of idiots after we smoked the Jest.

479416[/snapback]

I don't blame you. We Wrangler drivers are always a little bit nervous about some idiot, but I haven't had any problems. *knocks on wood*

Our Backers website (BillsBackersofVirginia.com) has them in our online store. It's not for profit - all proceeds are donated to fight Multiple Sclerosis. They're $11.95, plus $4.99 flat rate shipping per order regardless of how many items you buy. Click on the 'BBVA Online Store' link if you want to poke around.

What year/package Wrangler do you have?

It was, of course, your mention of the Wrangler's package and my mention of topless that got him all excited.

I have an 05 Sport, 6 cylinder. Red, Manual transmission, dual tops, 30" alloy wheel group etc., I upgraded a lot of the standard items. You?

I'm trying to load the BBVA, fan shop, getting error on page message...hmmmm my computer or your site. Probably my comp.

OK it was my comp. I see the magnent for your car. Now, what's the deal? This company donates $$$ to MS on your behalf for every purchase? Is that it? I have to buy a bunch of Bills stuff (Baby edition) so if you guys are getting something for this, I'll order thru you.