Roscoe vs. Oakland

d_wag

Rookie wide receiver Roscoe Parrish may finally make his regular-season debut on Sunday in Oakland. Mularkey thought about activating Parrish for the Jets game, but decided it was best to wait another week. Parrish has been out since breaking his wrist in training camp.

"I think we had higher hopes earlier in the week," Mularkey said of Parrish's availability agaisnt the Jets. "But then I really started thinking that this is the first time he's caught passes and punts in really eight weeks. We haven't tested him being hit, we haven't tested him if he falls on the ground. I just felt let's wait a week and see if next week is a better week and maybe test some of those other things out."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051...?tbd1054105.asp

i'm more excited to see him on punt returns then anything else.....

question -- does reed, aiken, or smith take a seat?

Rookie wide receiver Roscoe Parrish may finally make his regular-season debut on Sunday in Oakland. Mularkey thought about activating Parrish for the Jets game, but decided it was best to wait another week. Parrish has been out since breaking his wrist in training camp.

"I think we had higher hopes earlier in the week," Mularkey said of Parrish's availability agaisnt the Jets. "But then I really started thinking that this is the first time he's caught passes and punts in really eight weeks. We haven't tested him being hit, we haven't tested him if he falls on the ground. I just felt let's wait a week and see if next week is a better week and maybe test some of those other things out."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051...?tbd1054105.asp

i'm more excited to see him on punt returns then anything else.....

question -- does reed, aiken, or smith take a seat?

479133[/snapback]

Will see if the little man can take a NFL hit.

One wonders if it might not be better to save him for the NE game rather than give Belichick a whole game film of Roscoe to study.

Alternatively it might be good to get him in there against Oakland just for a few plays to get him acclimated, but really take the wraps off him in two weeks.

I still stands by me prognostification that it will be wk. 8 that Roscoe will be plugged in.

If he's active at Oakland, I can't imagine him getting on the field other than a punt return.

Why?

Well, I have a difficult time believeing "Mr Secret", aka Mularkey, would expose Roscoe to video tape a game prior to playing Mr. Belechick and allowing him to see Roscoe in any formation that could or would give Belechick a tip.

We've won 2 in a row sans Roscoe and we're playing a pretty bad team, likely to be without it's best player. So, this Bills fan sees no rhyme, reason, or advantage in playing Roscoe this week... unless they want to expose Roscoe to the typical Raiduh thuggery and risk injury and/or retaliation penalties.

I still stands by me prognostification that it will be wk. 8 that Roscoe will be plugged in.

If he's active at Oakland, I can't imagine him getting on the field other than a punt return. 

Why?

Well,  I have a difficult time believeing "Mr Secret", aka Mularkey, would expose Roscoe to video tape a game prior to playing Mr. Belechick and allowing him to see Roscoe in any formation that could or would give Belechick a tip.

We've won 2 in a row sans Roscoe and we're playing a pretty bad team, likely to be without it's best player.  So, this Bills fan sees no rhyme, reason, or advantage in playing Roscoe this week... unless they want to expose Roscoe to the typical Raiduh thuggery and risk injury and/or retaliation penalties.

479264[/snapback]

I don't think our coaches are going to "save" a slot WR to avoid future opponents' film study on him because we're playing a desparate team that sucks slightly more than us in a road game where we're underdogs.

If he's ready, play him.

I don't think our coaches are going to "save" a slot WR to avoid future opponents' film study on him because we're playing a desparate team that sucks slightly more than us in a road game where we're underdogs.

If he's ready, play him.

479272[/snapback]

Yep. I'm pretty sure other teams have seen a slot receiver before. Unless they plan to doll up Roscoe in pink tights and a tutu. :(