on both Holcomb TD's...

tornado681

I re-watched the game last night although I was exhausted. One thing that jumped out at me were the blocking of the WRs on both TD passes. Moulds (pretty sure it was him) had an awesome block that sprung F. Freddie into the end zone. On the moulds TD, evans had a great block that allowed moulds to reach the corner of the end zone. I believe that both TDs directly resulted from superb WR blocks.

Another thing that stood out was the great change of pace Shaud provided. Great 1-2 punch and I loved the production we got out of Shaud even if he did only run the ball a few times.

Thoughts?

I re-watched the game last night although I was exhausted.  One thing that jumped out at me were the blocking of the WRs on both TD passes.  Moulds (pretty sure it was him) had an awesome block that sprung F. Freddie into the end zone.  On the moulds TD, evans had a great block that allowed moulds to reach the corner of the end zone.  I believe that both TDs directly resulted from superb WR blocks.

Another thing that stood out was the great change of pace Shaud provided.  Great 1-2 punch and I loved the production we got out of Shaud even if he did only run the ball a few times.

Thoughts?

478884[/snapback]

I'm not sure which recievers they were, but both were terrific blocks. That Fast Freddy one was HUGE since if he didn't score we would have settled for a field goal. I also noticed that Shaud is the perfect compliment to Willis. After Willis pounds the ball methodically, Shaud comes into the game and shoots out of the backfield like a gun. The d is so used to having to absorb McGahee's punishing blows, that they aren't even ready for a little scat back like Shaud.

I'm not sure which recievers they were, but both were terrific blocks.  That Fast Freddy one was HUGE since if he didn't score we would have settled for a field goal.  I also noticed that Shaud is the perfect compliment to Willis.  After Willis pounds the ball methodically, Shaud comes into the game and shoots out of the backfield like a gun.  The d is so used to having to absorb McGahee's punishing blows, that they aren't even ready for a little scat back like Shaud.

478886[/snapback]

Shauds #s: 6 for 34...ill def take that especially when willis goes over 100. Id like to see a reverse thrown into the gameplan...the D will overpursue willis at points (esp. in the second half), so how about a nice end around to parrish or evans? Id like to see that next week...

I'm not sure which recievers they were, but both were terrific blocks. 

478886[/snapback]

It was Aiken on Freddie's TD, and (believe it or not) Josh Reed on Moulds' TD. Both of them allowed their teammates to get the scores and were huge, heads-up plays. If you want to see them again, go to BillsBackersofVirginia.com and click on 'Game Highlights' under the 'Bills/Jets Coverage' entry.

And I agree with your comments about Shaud. A very nice change of pace. And with fresh legs, he looks even faster.

I re-watched the game last night although I was exhausted.  One thing that jumped out at me were the blocking of the WRs on both TD passes.  Moulds (pretty sure it was him) had an awesome block that sprung F. Freddie into the end zone.  On the moulds TD, evans had a great block that allowed moulds to reach the corner of the end zone.  I believe that both TDs directly resulted from superb WR blocks.

Another thing that stood out was the great change of pace Shaud provided.  Great 1-2 punch and I loved the production we got out of Shaud even if he did only run the ball a few times.

Thoughts?

478884[/snapback]

Aiken sprung Freddie for the 1st TD.

It was Aiken on Freddie's TD, and (believe it or not) Josh Reed on Moulds' TD.  Both of them allowed their teammates to get the scores and were huge, heads-up plays.  If you want to see them again, go to BillsBackersofVirginia.com and click on 'Game Highlights' under the 'Bills/Jets Coverage' entry.

And I agree with your comments about Shaud.  A very nice change of pace.  And with fresh legs, he looks even faster.

478892[/snapback]

I've seen the game highlights quite a bit and I'm sure #83 setup Moulds for those 6 points.

It was Aiken on Freddie's TD, and (believe it or not) Josh Reed on Moulds' TD.  Both of them allowed their teammates to get the scores and were huge, heads-up plays.  If you want to see them again, go to BillsBackersofVirginia.com and click on 'Game Highlights' under the 'Bills/Jets Coverage' entry.

And I agree with your comments about Shaud.  A very nice change of pace.  And with fresh legs, he looks even faster.

478892[/snapback]

When I saw Aiken's block I couldn't believe the play was allowed to stand. He absolutely mugged his guy - grabbing him and riding on his back to the ground. Don't get me wrong, I hope we get all the non-calls in the world (or at least some of those that don't seem to be going NewenGland's way this year :D ) but it didn't look like a legal block to me.

My 2¢.

I just re-watched the game last night and had the opportunity to watch replays of plays for which there wasn't a network replay, and I was hugely impressed by Josh Reed's blocking. He has a powerful point-of-attack and does a better job of holding his blocks than any WR I've seen in a long time. Not just against defensive backs, either -- he successfully solo-blocked LBs on a number of occasions. Dude is strong and has great technique... probably owing to his days as an RB at LSU before making the switch to WR.

I've seen the game highlights quite a bit and I'm sure #83 setup Moulds for those 6 points.

478919[/snapback]

I forgot I DVR'ed the same highlight package from NFL Network. I just took a look and you're right, as opposed to the streaming video from the web, it's clearly a '3' and not a '2' after the eight on the TV.

Good catch - I stand corrected. :(