kickoff returns - 1st in the nfl

kickoff coverage - tied for 2nd in the nfl

defense - 10th overall; 1st against the pass, 30th against the run

points given up per game - 6th overall

takeaway/giveaway ratio - 3rd overall

offense - 29th overall; 31st for passing, 6th for rushing

points per game - 26th overall

punting - 5th overall

kicking - 4th in points, 8th in accuracy (7 teams have kickers who haven't missed at all yet)

basically, they're great on special teams, great against the pass, very strong running the ball, weak at passing, and weak at defending the run. given the team's personnel situation, it's entirely predictable.

some team stats:

basically, they're great on special teams, great against the pass, very strong running the ball, weak at passing, and weak at defending the run.  given the team's personnel situation, it's entirely predictable.

478162[/snapback]

These numbers make it even more clear that our crying needs are QB and DT. JP may or many not be the answer at QB; all I am saying is that we need better QB play. Holcomb looks much better than JP but is not the long-term answer. I think he has completed exactly one pass that went more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage (yesterday to Campbell). Contributions from Roscoe and the TE from Miami would also help the passing game.

It would also be great if we could lock up McGee to an extension, since:

1. we are almost certainly going to lose clements

2. McGee, when he becomes a free agent (is it after next year?), will probably get an offer in the neighborhood of the one that clements gets this year. He's a pretty good corner and a huge weapon in the return game.

Moulds, btw, is playing great. It helps to have someone who can actually deliver a pass.

Holcomb will be the key to beating the Raiders. If we don't win that game we have no shot at the playoffs.

These numbers make it even more clear that our crying needs are QB and DT.  JP may or many not be the answer at QB; all I am saying is that we need better QB play.  Holcomb looks much better than JP but is not the long-term answer.  I think he has completed exactly one pass that went more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage (yesterday to Campbell).  Contributions from Roscoe and the TE from Miami would also help the passing game. 

1.  we are almost certainly going to lose clements

2.  McGee, when he becomes a free agent (is it after next year?), will probably get an offer in the neighborhood of the one that clements gets this year.  He's a pretty good corner and a huge weapon in the return game.

Moulds, btw, is playing great.  It helps to have someone who can actually deliver a pass.

Holcomb will be the key to beating the Raiders.  If we don't win that game we have no shot at the playoffs.

478191[/snapback]

i predict that the bills will keep clements by franchising him. there's a consensus around the league that he's an elite player, and that you should keep such players. moreoever the bills have *nothing* - nada - behind him. the more i think about it, the more obvious a choice it is. you simply don't let the best player on the defense walk.

some team stats:

kickoff returns - 1st in the nfl

kickoff coverage - tied for 2nd in the nfl

defense - 10th overall; 1st against the pass, 30th against the run

points given up per game - 6th overall

takeaway/giveaway ratio - 3rd overall

offense - 29th overall; 31st for passing, 6th for rushing

points per game - 26th overall

punting - 5th overall

kicking - 4th in points, 8th in accuracy (7 teams have kickers who haven't missed at all yet)

basically, they're great on special teams, great against the pass, very strong running the ball, weak at passing, and weak at defending the run.  given the team's personnel situation, it's entirely predictable.

478162[/snapback]

geez thats great finding.....but i coulda told ya that :blink:

These numbers make it even more clear that our crying needs are QB and DT.  JP may or many not be the answer at QB; all I am saying is that we need better QB play.  Holcomb looks much better than JP but is not the long-term answer.  I think he has completed exactly one pass that went more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage (yesterday to Campbell).  Contributions from Roscoe and the TE from Miami would also help the passing game. 

1.  we are almost certainly going to lose clements

2.  McGee, when he becomes a free agent (is it after next year?), will probably get an offer in the neighborhood of the one that clements gets this year.  He's a pretty good corner and a huge weapon in the return game.

Moulds, btw, is playing great.  It helps to have someone who can actually deliver a pass.

Holcomb will be the key to beating the Raiders.  If we don't win that game we have no shot at the playoffs.

478191[/snapback]

Should we play holcomb at DT also?