Wide screen TV 4 $17.00!

Hammered a Lot

www.MaxTheater.com

Anybody see one of these in person. I know it's only $17.00 which makes me doubt the quality of the picture.

34793[/snapback]

hammered, these sell on eBay alot... basically, what you have to do is take your current TV (up to 36"s) and turn it upside down. This is because what they are doing is selling you basically a magnifying lens. Then you either have to build (or this comes with, didnt read the whole thing) a box to hold the lens very close to the screen of your TV. It reflects the picture to a wall or projection screen. Then again, I dont know to many people who have 100" of free wall space anywhere in there house that isnt blocked by a couch, love seat, etc.

I would steer clear.

EDIT: ADDITION:

this also has "scam" written all over it because of this:

"Order by midnight Septmeber 17, 2004 & we will guarantee the low price of $16.95."

Well, do yourself a favor and chage the date on your CPU, and wouldnt ya know?! The offer date changes to! A simple piece of HTML, but why would a company make you think you only have to midnight TONIGHT to buy it? please. No reputable company would do that.

Wow...looks real interesting....

I noticed the date thing as well...

It does sound cool....does anyone here have one of these.....I have extra tv's and would love to hear how it "realy" works....

34812[/snapback]

hey, it could be an interesting saturday afternoon project, but again, you have to build a box the size of your TV, and it would have to be flipped upside down. Again, though, you can get this same thing on ebay for about $6 or $7.

I thought about getting one a while ago, but new it just didnt sound right.

hey, it could be an interesting saturday afternoon project, but again, you have to build a box the size of your TV, and it would have to be flipped upside down. Again, though, you can get this same thing on ebay for about $6 or $7.

I thought about getting one a while ago, but new it just didnt sound right.

34819[/snapback]

$6 or $7....about $10 with shipping (prob more like 15)...

interesting, I'll try to find one on ebay to check out...