Biden on Imus today

GG

If you didn't listen, swing over to www.wfan.com later today, and listen to the interview and compare it to the one with Kerry two days ago.

And the guy didn't get 3 purple hearts.

34640[/snapback]

I didnt hear it today but don't need to. Biden would make a terrific candidate and likely President. He is my favorite guy out there, and has been for quite some time. He must have skeletons in his closet somewhere because I really can't believe the DNC didn't and doesn't see it. He had a failed bid one or two elections ago but this time, this place, with all the war and foreign affairs stuff, he should be the guy. He's extremely smart, passionate, articulate, can get to the core issue in a second, willing to be straight forward, etc.

I didnt hear it today but don't need to. Biden would make a terrific candidate and likely President. He is my favorite guy out there, and has been for quite some time. He must have skeletons in his closet somewhere because I really can't believe the DNC didn't and doesn't see it. He had a failed bid one or two elections ago but this time, this place, with all the war and foreign affairs stuff, he should be the guy. He's extremely smart, passionate, articulate, can get to the core issue in a second, willing to be straight forward, etc.

34662[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure he had an issue with pagiarism in one of his runs. I doubt that would be enough to keep him out on its own.

Maybe 2008 will feature Biden v Rudy v an 3rd party Trump in an all time combover battle for the presidency.

34662[/snapback]

If there are indeed skeletons, it must be an army's worth, because for the life of me, I have no idea why the guy isn't the leading DEM candidate. He gave the interview that Kerry should have two days ago, and Imus reminded him and the listeners that fact.

If there are indeed skeletons, it must be an army's worth, because for the life of me, I have no idea why the guy isn't the leading DEM candidate.  He gave the interview that Kerry should have two days ago, and Imus reminded him and the listeners that fact.

34791[/snapback]

I'd guess he would have a tough go of it in the primaries - a Howard Dean type would hammer him about Delaware's corporate climate, and Senators in general are fairly easy to pick at.

I'd guess he would have a tough go of it in the primaries - a Howard Dean type would hammer him about Delaware's corporate climate, and Senators in general are fairly easy to pick at.

34858[/snapback]

I don't buy the corporations angle, as there's zero correlation between where a company is incorporated and how it is run. It is a Delaware state thing, not a Senate thing. Nevada is now trying to outdo DE as the friendliest state to incorporate. Incidentally, when he was gov, Dean was pushing VT to become the Bermuda of the US.

Whatever it is, it's serious, or he is just happy to be a Senator, where he can criticize from the bulpit knowing that many good sounding ideas are impractical to implement.

I don't buy the corporations angle, as there's zero correlation between where a company is incorporated and how it is run.  It is a Delaware state thing, not a Senate thing.  Nevada is now trying to outdo DE as the friendliest state to incorporate.  Incidentally, when he was gov, Dean was pushing VT to become the Bermuda of the US.

Whatever it is, it's serious, or he is just happy to be a Senator, where he can criticize from the bulpit knowing that many good sounding ideas are impractical to implement.

34876[/snapback]

Yes, but primary races are dripping with outlandish statements that can and do sway voters. And the Democratic party constituiency is fractious. The Senate thing is that Senators can always get caught in voting inconsistencies - it's what they do - and one reason very few get elected as President.

I've not much against Biden (although I recall when Jesse Helm's stones were being busted when he was chair of the Judicial Committee - Helms' rejection of federal judicial candidates pale compared to Biden's "head count" when he was the chair). I seem to recall something about his daugher being arrested - but no biggie. He was a player in an Amtrak bailout, and IIRC, he is not strong among latino voters.

If Kerry loses, I'd lean towards Evan Bayh of IN, even though he's in the Senate. I think Hillary is just too polarizing and has IMHO a closet entirely made of skeletons.