(OT) Kobe Arrest Transcript

ChevyVanMiller

Read more then just the headlines Buffalo Bob......there is a lot more to this story then just its cover.....

And yes...I have been following this case since its outset.....

35292[/snapback]

Umm John, thanks for the advice, but I HAVE read more than the headlines. I've just seen fit to blow off most of the orchestrated smear campaign the defense has put out.

But if you would like to cite specific examples of where my FACTS are incorrect, by all means do so. I suspect that all you will be able to do is to cite examples where peoples' opinions and hearsyay are being thrown around derived from reliable sources to remain anonymous.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm John, thanks for the advice, but I HAVE read more than the headlines.  I've just seen fit to blow off most of the orchestrated smear campaign the defense has put out. 

But if you would like to cite specific examples of where my FACTS are incorrect, by all means do so.  I suspect that all you will be able to do is to cite examples where peoples' opinions and hearsyay are being thrown around derived from reliable sources to remain anonymous.

35355[/snapback]

Well.....since you are showing obvious bias in the case....

Fact.....the case was dropped and therefore Kobe is CONSIDERED NOT GUILTY

Now.....we can delve deeper then that if you like.....but that FACT is undeniable

Well.....since you are showing obvious bias in the case....

Fact.....the case was dropped and therefore Kobe is CONSIDERED NOT GUILTY

Now.....we can delve deeper then that if you like.....but that FACT is undeniable

35367[/snapback]

Well, as far as the legal system is concerned, he is. And so is OJ LOL!

And feel free to delve deeper if you like, I'd like to see some of YOUR bias now.

Your already seeing some of it.....as you can probably tell I am a laker fan.....

- First of all....let me say that regardless of all this other mess.....I dont approve of Kobes adultery....but let me also say that a lot of people live in a dream world where they think their sports hero's dont do this stuff....Michael Jordon who who will probably be the NBA icon forever....is widely known for for his exploits in this area.....that list stretches over every professional sport....to include our beloved bills.....

But we are talking about adultery here.....I know it is hard for some here to separate their personal feelings from that issue when they look at this case.....we are talking about a sexual assault accusation that carries a prison sentence and a lifelong "R" mark on your forehead.....is Kobe a jerk for betraying his wife and daughter (absolutely but no more then any other of the multitude of celebrities that do this) should a man go to jail for adultery? It is also well known amongst the fans that follow the team that Kobe and his Wife have been on the verge of divorce for a while.......that is not an excuse for adultery but this is the type of stuff that happens.

Now to the issue at hand....the rape accusation. There are 2 big problems I have had with this case from the beginning:

- First....the unethical, improper, and illegal methods of law enforcement when they went about gathering evidence for this case (transcripts available for this at Court TV.com you will need to search through them) in my opinion they rushed to judgement waaaay to quickly and should have done some forensic tests BEFORE arresting Kobe Bryant. Had they done that they could see that the forensics DID NOT SUPPORT THEIR CASE (which by the way totally takes this out of the "OJ" scenario you stated) instead now they are in hot water already because they now sit on the forensic evidence and refuse to let the defense test it for MONTHS....until finally ordered by the judge to do so or be sanctioned (the threatening of sanctions against the prosecution happened all the way through this case because of their own mistakes and just flat out refusing to come forth with things as they were supposed to)

- In the preliminary trial of this case.....in what what probably has the most "pro alleged victim" laws in the country....you had a prelim judge basically telling the prosecution that they case was WEAK and that he binds it over for trial only because "he must rule in a light most favorable to the prosecution"....translation.....SHE POINTED AT HIM AND SAID THE BIG BAD MAN DID IT. That is ALL THAT IS NEEDED in order to bind a rape case over for trial.

- Except for my Wife and my daughter (who thank god is not old enough to have to worry about this stuff yet) I could care less how a female conducts herself. Being a former athlete myself I have had my share of "encounters" with women who I could have cared what their last name was. I wouldn't think badly of them for it but definately not "bring home to mom" material......this young woman has presented herslef in that light. What can be asertained from her testimony (which keeps fricken changing) his testimony, and witnesses at the Cordella that fateful day and night that these two WERE flirting in plain view of onlookers, she did in fact take him for a tour of the facility, and she did in fact go up to his room that night, she did agree to concential kissing, hugging, and other things (which kept changing) which eventually led into the unknown because they were the only two in the room.....but....a man is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GIULTY....so cannot just automatically beleive her story whether she be a saint or hoe......it then falls back on the credibility of the two and she doesn't win that area either.......

I could go on and on with this but hey ....INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GIULTY.....and keep in mind that the way the prosecution wanted this case.....any woman at any time can point a finger and claim rape....waht happens when they are lying and it is a guy who CANT afford a good defense?

Had they done that they could see that the forensics DID NOT SUPPORT THEIR CASE (which by the way totally takes this out of the "OJ" scenario you stated) instead now they are in hot water already because they now sit on the forensic evidence and refuse to let the defense test it for MONTHS....until finally ordered by the judge to do so or be sanctioned (the threatening of sanctions against the prosecution happened all the way through this case because of their own mistakes and just flat out refusing to come forth with things as they were supposed to)

35434[/snapback]

There was nothing in the forensic eveidence that did not support their case. Her blood was on Kobe's shirt, his DNA was found all over her. The only thing that the DNA testing also demonstrated was the presence of Mr. X. And while their expert was able to support a theory that not all of Mr. X's material present in the tests could have been from a prior contact (i.e. the dirty yellow panties), that theory was shown for its weaknesses on cross. Moreover, as I've said before, even if she had contact with Mr. X after Kobe, it doesn't prove a damn thing. As I've said, I have known women first-hand who were raped by men they knew and totally went off the deep end. All it does is muddy the water. Sure, you can argue that she went on her merry way and had sex with someone else, or it may be that she was in shock and denial, sought comfort from Mr. X and they ended up having sex. That doesn't prove Kobe didn't do it!

- In the preliminary trial of this case.....in what what probably has the most "pro alleged victim" laws in the country....you had a prelim judge basically telling the prosecution that they case was WEAK and that he binds it over for trial only because "he must rule in a light most favorable to the prosecution"....translation.....SHE POINTED AT HIM AND SAID THE BIG BAD MAN DID IT.  That is ALL THAT IS NEEDED in order to bind a rape case over for trial.

35434[/snapback]

I read the transcripts of the prelim hearing. It wasn't that the evidence was weak, it was presented weakly. As is normally the case, these podunk counties are "witless for the prosecution" especially when compared to their highly paid adversaries. They presented their entire case based on the testimony of the detective. No nurses, no technicians. And they had no idea that they were gong to hit with this three guys in three days crap, which was never proven either.

What can be asertained from her testimony (which keeps fricken changing) his testimony, and witnesses at the Cordella that fateful day and night that these two WERE flirting in plain view of onlookers, she did in fact take him for a tour of the facility, and she did in fact go up to his room that night, she did agree to concential kissing, hugging, and other things (which kept changing) which eventually led into the unknown because they were the only two in the room.....but....a man is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GIULTY....so cannot just automatically beleive her story whether she be a saint or hoe......it then falls back on the credibility of the two and she doesn't win that area either.......

I could go on and on with this but hey ....INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GIULTY.....and keep in mind that the way the prosecution wanted this case.....any woman at any time can point a finger and claim rape....waht happens when they are lying and it is a guy who CANT afford a good defense?

35434[/snapback]

That is the problem with rape cases generally. It's he said-she said because there are no witnesses and the ONLY evidence that you have is that yes there was sexual contact. Rarely, especially in these date-rape kind of scenarios are there such traumatic injuries that the injuries alone leave one convinced beyond reasonable doubt that the sex was not consensual. Morever, because dates (and I realize this is not a classical date situation but it is quite analagous) there is some amount of consensual activity leading up to the point of departure. it always makes the girl look suspect. Why were you in his room? Why did you consent to kissing him? Why were you flirty with him? Because that's how many women view a first date. That is what happened to my ex-wife. She snuck out to see this assclown at age 16, he was like 19 or 20. She was thrilled that this guy was paying attention to her. She consented to making out. When he went for the goodies, she tried to resist him but he overpowered her. He was not going to get turned on like that and then be told to stop. What is creepy for me is that she told me he said similar menacing thiings to her like this girl alleges Kobe said to her about not telling anyone.

My ex-wife went off the deep end. From a sweet prefect kid to a risk-taking OOC maniac. Then, when her parents got her a psychiatrist because they didn't know what else to do, this assclown tried to have sex with her too!

Look, I am well-familiar with how the criminal justice system works. And I agree that given the fragile nature of any rape allegation and the typical dearth of evidence to begin with, that the presence of Mr. X, however he got there, really weakened the case. But I believe that there was a point where she tried to say no and he pushed it beyond that point. For all of the fears that men seem to get whenever they see a case like this, it sure doesn't happen very often. I'm sure that for every girl who claims a rape that didn't occur, there are probably 100 of them that go unreported that did. The deck is stacked against them from the beginning, and anything they do to screw it up will bring it tumbling down on top of them.

Yeah, I think he did it and I think he was lucky he got her for his victim. I hope he learns one very expensive and scary lesson from it.

Hemet,

He lied to the police right off. Then his story continued to change the more they interviewed him. He admits to having his hands around her throat. Plenty of physical evidence. This did not go to trial because the prosecution wanted to drop it, it was because the victim wanted to drop it. Because she was sick of the negative press, while wonder-boy, clean-cut Kobe gets a free ride despite the fact that he routinely cheats on his young wife so that he can do michelle up the butt while he chokes her.

Go ahead, believe all that BS about all the guys she slept with (which is not a crime even if it is true). Did she claim any of them raped her? Did any of them put their hands around her throat and cause vaginal tearing?