A ruse to cover a ruse?

duey

So MM continues to be secretive regarding who is starting at QB. And while it would be a complete shock if it weren't KH, I suppose the Jets do have to consider in their preparation that it could be JP.

Now here's the second ruse...very little if anything is being said about Roscoe. How about he surprises the Jets by starting in a three wide set, and returns some kicks as well. He will certainly add some speed to the offense that hasn't been there the last five games.

So MM continues to be secretive regarding who is starting at QB.  And while it would be a complete shock if it weren't KH, I suppose the Jets do have to consider in their preparation that it could be JP.

Now here's the second ruse...very little if anything is being said about Roscoe.  How about he surprises the Jets by starting in a three wide set, and returns some kicks as well.  He will certainly add some speed to the offense that hasn't been there the last five games.

473970[/snapback]

I doubt the Jets would be cringing in their boots if they saw Parrish lining up to start the game... It's not like anyone needs to gameplan around him (yet?).

CW

I doubt the Jets would be cringing in their boots if they saw Parrish lining up to start the game...  It's not like anyone needs to gameplan around him (yet?).

CW

473973[/snapback]

I've said this before. DC's aren't losing sleep at night wondering if an under-sized WR picked in the 2nd round is going to show up in uniform for his FIRST NFL game. Just a hunch, but I think he may have to prove something on the field first.

I doubt the Jets would be cringing in their boots if they saw Parrish lining up to start the game...  It's not like anyone needs to gameplan around him (yet?).

CW

473973[/snapback]

I know this sounds crazy but if I were Malarkey I'd put him in on defense on sure passing downs (3 and 10) or better and have Parrish blitz Testaverte. It'd be a sure sack. He's too fast to avoid and too small to block. How's that for a wrinkle? :blink:

I know this sounds crazy but if I were Malarkey I'd put him in on defense on sure passing downs (3 and 10) or better and have Parrish blitz Testaverte. It'd be a sure sack. He's too fast to avoid and too small to block. How's that for a wrinkle? :blink:

473993[/snapback]

Yeah, but he's so small, he'd probably bounce off of Vinny like a gnat.

CW

Yeah, but he's so small, he'd probably bounce off of Vinny like a gnat.

CW

474002[/snapback]

Not necessarily. If he keeps good form and tackles with his head up, he might hit Vincenzo right in the Achilles.

I've said this before.  DC's aren't losing sleep at night wondering if an under-sized WR picked in the 2nd round is going to show up in uniform for his FIRST NFL game.

Good. That way it will be like a kick in the balls for the opposing OC in his first game back, when he burns them for a big play.

Oh and check this out: http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/article...bills121005.php

Edited by MadBuffaloDisease

I'd like to see Parrish play this week, we have been lacking for speed. Parrish is a match-up problem for a defense. Reed/Aiken don't force anyone to play nickel, they can cover them with a saftey or linebacker most times, Parrish is too fast for that, they will have to bring in a 3rd corner to cover him. That will open up some more running lanes hopefully. Also he might discourage some of the blitzing we've been seeing because we'd really like to hit him on the run on a hot route coming out of the slot. Defenses want us to throw to Reed/Aiken, they won't score from more than 5 yards out and it keeps the ball away from Moulds and Evans, hence Reed's unusually high number of catches (12 so far, only 16 all last year). Parrish is a threat to them. They'll plan for it at least a little bit, it would be silly not to. Even if it only makes them send 5 guys instead of 6 that helps.

Also, this is week 6, anyone have any news on Kevin Everett? He's eligible to come back next week.

Parrish is a match-up problem for a defense.

how do we know that? The kid hasn't shown anything in a game. he still has to be able to get off the line of scrimmage, still has to run the right route, have the ball thrown on time and accurate, and catch the ball. Every NFL team has at least 3 cbs that are able to cover. I ain't drinkin the Roscoe koolaid just yet. He's got a lot to prove as far as I'm concerned.

how do we know that?  The kid hasn't shown anything in a game.  he still has to be able to get off the line of scrimmage, still has to run the right route, have the ball thrown on time and accurate, and catch the ball.  Every NFL team has at least 3 cbs that are able to cover. I ain't drinkin the Roscoe koolaid just yet.  He's got a lot to prove as far as I'm concerned.

474114[/snapback]

True Roscoe hasn't proven anything yet but he has the one thing that scares d- coordinators, SPEED.

I agree Falstaff he adds another dimension that Reed/Aiken do not have. His speed makes him a threat. Especially against a #3 corner. I hope he's back because they could use him.

Good.  That way it will be like a kick in the balls for the opposing OC in his first game back, when he burns them for a big play.

Oh and check this out: http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/article...bills121005.php

474040[/snapback]

I already saw the article you linked. I'm not saying he won't be a good player, I'm just questioning how big of an impact he will have in his first game. If he goes off for 5 catches for 120 yards and a TD, great for the Bills and great for him.

I already saw the article you linked.  I'm not saying he won't be a good player, I'm just questioning how big of an impact he will have in his first game.  If he goes off for 5 catches for 120 yards and a TD, great for the Bills and great for him.

Come on now! I'm not saying those numbers. I'm saying a couple catches for decent gains and speed that opens it up for other players.

Parrish needs to stand on the sidelines for a year holding a clipboard, watching and learning from the veteran wide recievers on this team.

474171[/snapback]

Yep. Just like some wanted Evans to do last year while Reed played. :doh:

Come on now!  I'm not saying those numbers.  I'm saying a couple catches for decent gains and speed that opens it up for other players.

474173[/snapback]

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!

Jeez people...I don't think anyone expects him to have a 12 for 186 3 TD day. Just get out there and allow the passing game to be opened up a bit more. Having him in the slot actually works to our advantage given the fact the Kelly will likely be in at QB.

I haven't seen it mentioned here much, but maybe MM is not naming a starter because he plans to play both. I don't mean in a disaster split time type of thing. I think Holcomb gets the nod until the playoffs are out. However, looking at MM history of the gadget plays in the past it seems logical to me that even if Holcomb starts he will eventually run JP in for some deception and confusing during the game. I just hope if this scenario plays out that they put Losman in with plays that succeed and don't further retard his growth.

Now here's the second ruse...very little if anything is being said about Roscoe.  How about he surprises the Jets by starting in a three wide set, and returns some kicks as well.  He will certainly add some speed to the offense that hasn't been there the last five games.

473970[/snapback]

Are you joking? When did Lee become a turtle? :)