The Sabres Game was Great!

slothrop

It's pretty easy to get women to like hockey.  Just take them to some games (alone) and spend time explaining the game.  My wife had never been and is now nearly as die hard as I am (though she's more a Rangers' fan than Sabres because her first real season watching the game was 1994 and she really liked watching the Captain).

473317[/snapback]

I can't tell you how many times I've tried. I just always end up meeting the stubborn girls that refuse to go. I follow that up by immediately kicking them to the curb. It's the only way to go.

And she likes hockey.  The world needs more girls like that.

473310[/snapback]

My wife likes hockey WAY more than I do. She even camped out for Minnesota Wild tickets a couple of years ago. Got there at 8pm, and didn't get to buy the tickets until around noon the next day. Crazy. I wouldn't even do that for Bills regular season tickets!

CW

My wife likes hockey WAY more than I do.  She even camped out for Minnesota Wild tickets a couple of years ago.  Got there at 8pm, and didn't get to buy the tickets until around noon the next day.  Crazy.  I wouldn't even do that for Bills regular season tickets!

CW

473515[/snapback]

What about playoff tickets? Or should that go without saying... :doh:

I'm with Darin. My wife loves hockey. Not enough to follow it, but she will watch with me on TV and she especially likes going to games. I took her to her first Sabres game back in '97 or so against the Habs and after Quintal elbowed Audette with a minute left in a 6-1 Sabres win, the crowd started chanting "We Want Ray." Razor came out and skated a couple of circles around Brad Brown; then, when the puck came down, they squared off and Razor hit him twice and just dropped him. Wife was hooked after that. :blink:

Out of all the sports, it's easiest to get my wife to go with me to a hockey game.

I came home from a meeting last night and the wife had the Flyers-Leafs game on. How cool is that? (Would have been the Sabres if they were playing.) I got her hooked on Sabres. She hasn't been able to get me hooked on college football (maybe if Buffalo had A college team).