Some things that Holcomb WAS doing right

Hence the word "or" between great and very good. I included a list. Some of them were not great or even very good. I would not say that Rich Gannon was a "great quarterback". I would call him a very good quarterback. You may call him great if you wish. I would call McMahon a good quarterback, as well as Hostetler.

472538[/snapback]

Kelly-----I will agree with your current post.I call him a very good quarterback. He wasnt great--in the Marino,Elway,Montana sense...He was close to great though.

Upon re-read--Your original post did NOT say that Gannon was a very good quarterback though.

He through some balls low or into the ground.....I attribute that to lack of reps with the starting unit....

One thing Kelly WAS doing that I was impressed with was his ability to see the whole field and his accuracy in getting balls out in front of receivers....

The Lee Evans catch was on....there was also another one where he put it out there were Mould could reach for it and run in stride........

JPL wouldn't make those throws right now.......it is as simple as that....

In the second half I dont know what happened....it seemed like Miami changed up its defensive scheme to get pressure and we never adjusted......I dont blame Holcomb for that.....

There was a time when most of us would say a 20 point effort by our offense would have been a sure win.........

472213[/snapback]

The third down throw to Evans at the sideline was a thing of beauty. I watched it about 5 times. Great touch on that one. Evans was the only one who could've caught it.

holcomb will be starting for us till about week 12 and then we'll be mathematically out of the playoffs, but he'll give us some hope

sure sucks when you think of how good we could have been

472393[/snapback]

If that is the attitude then shouldn't we be giving JP more reps and chance

to get better playiing a live game....

The real problem was in the play calling and the horrible OL.....At least

give the kid a chance to get used to the NFL....

Manning played behind a horrible line in his rookie year and went 3-13....

but as the years rolled by he got a better line and good supporting cast

I am not syaing JP will be another Manning....but you have to give the

guy a realistic chance to play.....The OL, and the coaches and the Defense

did not help the guy out....and made him the scapegoat...

Except for the first game of the season I would say that JPL has been stinking up BOTH halves.....come on man lets face it.....

- First throwing touchdown thrown by Holcomb

- Longest completion by Holcomb with the run and catch by Evans

- Higher QB rating

I am not saying Holcomb is the guy.....to me he is the caretaker we were talking about LAST year but didn't have.....

472444[/snapback]

First passing TD was thrown by JP to Jason Peters....

If memory serves me correct, JP also had a 48 yard catch to Evans in the

opener...and if I remember correctly, that ball actually got throw for 48

yards...not the 1 yard throw resulting in a 48 YAC by Evans...

QB rating means nothing...

Willis ran 31 times...which means we controlled the Time of Possession...

Willis ran 16 times against a Saints team....

The team is supposed to help a young QB mature...not look out for himself

and run for life.