Final 8 possessions today...

Brandon

The Bills called 19 passes (including those resulting in sacks) vs 18 runs on those 8 possessions. That's not a conservative play balance (although the plays themselves might have been). Still, you expect better than 72 yards on 37 plays for two thirds of a game.

I've been criticizing their performance after a quick start,  but I did not realize it was THAT bad.  Ouch. 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/drives/NFL_20051009_MIA@BUF

470847[/snapback]

well, that's what happens when you're missing your 2 best offensive linemen and your left tackle is pretty much playing with one arm (elbow injury). what do you expect?? the bills went into that game pretty seriously injured (missing 2 starters on D too), but got an excellent performance from the qb and won a tough game against a physically more gifted unit coming off of a bye (i say they're more gifted because of the injuries; that'll change when the bills get their starting offensive line back). give them some credit -- that was a huge win.

well, that's what happens when you're missing your 2 best offensive linemen and your left tackle is pretty much playing with one arm (elbow injury).  what do you expect?? the bills went into that game pretty seriously injured (missing 2 starters on D too), but got an excellent performance from the qb and won a tough game against a physically more gifted unit coming off of a bye (i say they're more gifted because of the injuries; that'll change when the bills get their starting offensive line back).
give them some credit -- that was a huge win.

470954[/snapback]

This guy("Brandon") has been trashing the Bills all day! We could have won by 50 and he would have said it was the wind or a string of luck. Just another Troll, with nothing to do!

well, that's what happens when you're missing your 2 best offensive linemen and your left tackle is pretty much playing with one arm (elbow injury).  what do you expect?? the bills went into that game pretty seriously injured (missing 2 starters on D too), but got an excellent performance from the qb and won a tough game against a physically more gifted unit coming off of a bye (i say they're more gifted because of the injuries; that'll change when the bills get their starting offensive line back). give them some credit -- that was a huge win.

470954[/snapback]

Excellent post.

470954[/snapback]

This guy("Brandon") has been trashing the Bills all day! We could have won by 50 and he would have said it was the wind or a string of luck. Just another Troll, with nothing to do!

470963[/snapback]

Namecalling? Seems to me like the pot might be calling the kettle black.

As I've stated repeatedly, a win is a win, but what I saw today is not encouraging. For most of the day, they looked like the same team I've watched for the first four games.