Ignore ESPN

Adam

Teams don't get good out of nowhere- ESPN and co. want you to believe that the Rams and Ravens came out of nowhere to win Superbowls- if you can get people to believe lies like that, you don't have to work very hard to generate stories.

The Rams and Ravens built through many high draft picks, and then when they got close, supplemented through free agency- so don't expect a quick turnaround, but TD will right the ship.

Now if the Bills answered to the fans, TD would be gone today, but Wilson and his people are MUCH smarter than the fans, so TD stays, and will make moves way above our understanding.

Silly people like me and you will just humbly watch in awe

Teams don't get good out of nowhere- ESPN and co. want you to believe that the Rams and Ravens came out of nowhere to win Superbowls- if you can get people to believe lies like that, you don't have to work very hard to generate stories.

The Rams and Ravens built through many high draft picks, and then when they got close, supplemented through free agency- so don't expect a quick turnaround, but TD will right the ship.

469859[/snapback]

Well, it seems to me that you contradict yourself - if the Rams and Ravens were built through many high draft picks, then it seems to me they must have been very bad. Isn't that the definition of coming out of nowhere?

The 3 years before the Rams won their Championship they had 6 wins, 5 wins, then 4 wins. The odds were 200-1 against them winning (my brother had a $10 ticket). How is that not coming out of nowhere?

Reading your topic name I thought about something. We all rip ESPN and most sports outlets for their frequent ignorance. But to ignore them....? Remember "sports coverage" used to consist of 5 minutes of an 11 PM newscast each evening. Most of the time, we didn't even get highlights...just scores. ESPN had made sports a much better place. You just have to sift through a bit more garbage.

Reading your topic name I thought about something.  We all rip ESPN and most sports outlets for their frequent ignorance.  But to ignore them....?  Remember "sports coverage" used to consist of 5 minutes of an 11 PM newscast each evening.  Most of the time, we didn't even get highlights...just scores.  ESPN had made sports a much better place.  You just have to sift through a bit more garbage.

469952[/snapback]

Yes, but ESPN seems to add more and more garbage to its "highlight" shows. These days the only way to get highlights is watching ESPNews ----- Sportscenter has become unwatchable with Stewie Scott and his band of idiots!!!

The odds were 200-1 against them winning (my brother had a $10 ticket).  How is that not coming out of nowhere?

469944[/snapback]

If I was your brother, I would have turned that ticket in for the $2000.

OTOH, being able to say "I told you so?" Priceless.

Yes, but ESPN seems to add more and more garbage to its "highlight" shows. These days the only way to get highlights is watching ESPNews ----- Sportscenter has become unwatchable with Stewie Scott and his band of idiots!!!

470124[/snapback]

Solid point. Now that you mention it I definitely watch more of ESPNews.

Reading your topic name I thought about something.  We all rip ESPN and most sports outlets for their frequent ignorance.  But to ignore them....?  Remember "sports coverage" used to consist of 5 minutes of an 11 PM newscast each evening.  Most of the time, we didn't even get highlights...just scores.  ESPN had made sports a much better place.  You just have to sift through a bit more garbage.

469952[/snapback]

And now it's five minutes of an 11pm "SportsCenter" cast with the rest of the time devoted to entertainment news and product promotion.

Now if the Bills answered to the fans, TD would be gone today, but Wilson and his people are MUCH smarter than the fans, so TD stays, and will make moves way above our understanding.

Silly people like me and you will just humbly watch in awe

469859[/snapback]

Ya well I'm certainly awed by TD's 1st 4 years at the Helm... 0:)

but they have such good talent.....................

Berman and his cab driver are fools!!!!

Tom Jackson recalling the great days before the Bronco won a Super Bowl.

Mike Ditka.....trade entire draft class for Ricky Williams.

Micheal Irvin is a crackhead!!

Steve Young is all about Steve Young.

Sean Salisbury is Steve Young with a Super Bowl ring.

John Clayton needs to go back to Santa's Shoppe soon to make Christmas presents.

and don't forget the crooked eye, wanna be a gameshow host, playa/ancha Stuart Scott!!