possilbe 0-2 heading into NE?

stevestojan

I kind of like our chances this week. The "deflating opening home loss followed by a road game against a mediocre team where everyone picks us to lose" formula has yielded victories against the Pats, Jets, and Vikings in '94, '97, and '02 respectively.

Plus, we're due for a win against that crumby Oakland organization; and the "black hole" isn't half the intimidating force some make it out to be.

Also, this game is not nearly as vital as people are making it out to be IMO. Obviously you'd rather not start 0-2, but win or lose, the Pats and Jets games after the bye are the real "must-wins".

Also, this game is not nearly as vital as people are making it out to be IMO.  Obviously you'd rather not start 0-2, but win or lose, the Pats and Jets games after the bye are the real "must-wins".

33904[/snapback]

While this is not an end of the world game, it is important because we've already lost to an AFC opponent and with our schedule and division we need all the help we can get in the tie-breaking dept.

While this is not an end of the world game, it is important because we've already lost to an AFC opponent and with our schedule and division we need all the help we can get in the tie-breaking dept.

33945[/snapback]

I suppose that's true if you're into the whole wild-card chase...

Personally, I don't give a crap about wild-cards anymore since the conferences expanded to 4 divisions. It is IMPOSSIBLE to win 3 consecutive road games, so it's division or bust as far as I'm concerned.

Oh. I didn't know that.

Guess I'm not a true Bills fan. My dad will be pretty upset, i think.

hmmm... time to find a new team. . . .

Moron. Ok, now to really responde. I use my heart to HOPE they win every game, but since im not 11 years old I can predict when they won't win. So you mean to tell me you expected the Todd Collins 3-13 team to win every Sunday? Well, you sir, must be a bigger fan that I am

What a fugging joke of a post.

33773[/snapback]

Steve, I thought he was praising you for being even-handed, not attacking you. Switch to decaf man.

P.S. Todd collins did not go 3-13. He went 6-10 with help from AVP.

Steve,  I thought he was praising you for being even-handed, not attacking you. Switch to decaf man.

P.S. Todd collins did not go 3-13. He went 6-10 with help from AVP.

33959[/snapback]

he was definitly not praising me. His first line was sarsasm, and then he blantently said a true fan expects us to win every week. Believe me, he was attacking my post, and claiming that I am not a "true" fan.

he was definitly not praising me. His first line was sarsasm, and then he blantently said a true fan expects us to win every week. Believe me, he was attacking my post, and claiming that I am not a "true" fan.

33962[/snapback]

I agree, it was a slap in the face punk post.

Guest Guest_dan_*

I've been saying all along... we have a new coaching staff and basically the same offensive line as last year. Given those 2 facts alone, there's no reason to think we're suddenly a Superbowl team.

The only people that have seriously given the Bills a shot at the playoffs, let alone make the Superbowl, are fans on this board. Why? because we're all fans and that's our job. But the rest of the league and media know that the Bills will be lucky to finish 8-8.

Myself, as a die hard, expects the Bills to win every week. I can look at all the stats and such and see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't win every week. But, when I sit back in a moment of reality, I can understand that this year we'll be average at best and realistically I just hope we're competitive. But lets face it, until we get an offensive line in here it doesn't matter who's coaching, running or throwing or even how good our defense is. This problem has plagued us for years and it continues to plague us. And for some reason people think that our line is "good enough" and that new coaches and new plays and new recievers can fix everything. Well, reality dictates that it aint so.

So, I say... welcome to reality. Now just sit back and try to enjoy another medicore year of Bills football and with any luck we'll be competitive and not become that team that everyone immediately chalks up as an easy win.

33962[/snapback]

OK, I don't make a habit of looking into people's souls, nor do I know any of your history with each other, so I just went by what I read. I could be wrong.

On the whole, I thought your initial post was sensible; have fun, watch the games, see what happens. Maybe I misread that as well, though.

My feeling is that there is no great accomplishment in being "realistic" about a kid's game. It's fun to watch and exciting. It feels great to see the Bills win, it sucks to see them lose. All the other stevestojan (sorry, I just wanted to see if the filter was still on) seems to me to be creating reasons to be unhappy and stressed. The real world is stressful enough. Let the games be games.

(And no, I do not need any lectures from anyone on the board on how football is a business. I know that too... but I stand by my point.)

May we all be happy at least 10 Sundays this season....

Go Bills!

Let's hope the team is getting along better than us fans or we are in big trouble! Can't we go back to mocking Ricky Williams or Dave Wannestadt - something we can all agree on?

I know I am a fan because I can watch any other team in any other sport blow a lead and be amused. When it's the Bills I cuss and scream and generally act like a baby. It's torture. I guess I'll have to tape the games so I can skip the ones that might end with my foot in my tv. Some will say that's a fair weather fan but I say that's how you know you are a true fan. I am sick of the Pats getting so lucky and the Bills losing every way imaginable. Against the Bills Indy makes that field goal 49 of 50 times.

I just hope Mularkey figures out real quick that we have to put away the other team when we have a chance or we will get a raw deal. His "we'll win the close games" speech will be the end of him. This is Buffalo. We won't win the close games. Better go get that extra touchdown when you have a chance!

But let's go back to kicking our tvs and not each other!