Who's Decision was it?

Amstel

Who do you think was behind the decision?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think was behind the decision?

• Mike Mularkey
    • Tom Donahoe
    • Ralph Wilson
    • Disgruntled Veteran Players

This move smells so much like something Ralph would do. It reminds me of the Tennesee Titans game where Flutie was benched for Johnson. We all know that Ralph stuck his nose in that one. I don't like the owner forcing Coach Mularkey to do this and I'm guessing Mularkey doesnt either. Did you listen to how pissed off he was at that press conference the other day?

This move smells so much like something Ralph would do.  It reminds me of the Tennesee Titans game where Flutie was benched for Johnson.  We all know that Ralph stuck his nose in that one.  I don't like the owner forcing Coach Mularkey to do this and I'm guessing Mularkey doesnt either.  Did you listen to how pissed off he was at that press conference the other day?

469038[/snapback]

What Press conference are you talking about? I could understand being pissed because someone is telling you how to do your job... I'm a gymnastics coach and I've got this other coach trying to order me around and it's driving me NUTS (and he's not even ranked higher than me or anything... he just thinks he can tell me what to do for some reason).

How about a different look at this.

Let's say the move to cut Drew and start JP was all MM idea. TD said, maybe we ought not do that, let's go to camp and see what happens. MM says noway, his team, he is gonna do with it what he want. TD says fine, but you better be right, cuts Drew and signs Holcomb, just in case.

Well through camp, and preseason you have heard MM saying how great JP is, light years ahead, we are going to the playoffs etc.... TD is supporting his coach.

Now 4 weeks into the season JP looks like a lost 3 year old on the NYC subway in the middle of rush hour. MM still tries to assert himself and says JP starting this week. But TD finally says, grow up, STFU and your experiment failed. Let's win some games, and he benches JP, after threatening to can the joking running the fisasco on the sidelines.

What Press conference are you talking about?  I could understand being pissed because someone is telling you how to do your job... I'm a gymnastics coach and I've got this other coach trying to order me around and it's driving me NUTS (and he's not even ranked higher than me or anything... he just thinks he can tell me what to do for some reason).

469045[/snapback]

We can make him go away.

Quietly or in spectacular fashion.

Slow day here, anyway.

What Press conference are you talking about?  I could understand being pissed because someone is telling you how to do your job... I'm a gymnastics coach and I've got this other coach trying to order me around and it's driving me NUTS (and he's not even ranked higher than me or anything... he just thinks he can tell me what to do for some reason).

469045[/snapback]

Well everyone knows guy gymnastics coaches are much better than girl gymnastics coaches. Of course he should tell you what to do. :doh::(

I am only kidding. Don't do a round off double back onto my head. :doh:

469045[/snapback]

It's at the beginning of the press conference, right after the injury report....

http://www.buffalobills.com/player/ivideo....y.rm&proto=rtsp

Media: Any news on JP at all?  is he starting?

Coach Mularkey: I'm not going to talk about starter at any position for either team today.

Media: Are you contemplating anything?

Coach Mularkey: I'm not going to talk about it.

Media: Why?

Coach Mularkey: What part of I'm not going to talk about it....

Media: Is this strategy wise on your part?

Coach Mularkey: I'm not going to talk about a starter at any position.  for the Dolphins or the Buffalo Bills.

Media: In general, is this a rule for you not to talk about starters for this game?

Coach Mularkey: Possibly.

Media: This is a step back from "JP's my starter though."

Coach Mularkey: When I said that Sunday. I haven't.....

Media: And Monday

Coach Mularkey: Today what I'm saying is I'm not talking about our starters, at any position.  You can take it as a step back or as a step forward.  I don't care how you take it.

wow, everyone seems to be neck and neck in this poll...

469248[/snapback]

What poll?

This is the first time in almost 40 years of being a Bills fan I actually want them to lose. A win is going to avoid the wakeup call that someone, somewhere in the organization really needs.

I cant see Ralph telling Mularkey to sit JP. Everyone knows that Ralph trusts TD more than anyone and will listen to what ever he says. He is not like Steinbrenner of the Yanks and doesnt call the gm or manager and tell them what to do or else.

I truly believe this was Mularky's call all the way. He knows he has a veteran defense and good special teams and the division is still there for the taking even at 1-3 but if you drop to 1-4 then you might have too much ground to make up.

• 1 month later...

Now 4 weeks into the season JP looks like a lost 3 year old on the NYC subway in the middle of rush hour.

:huh: "Mommy, mommy!...... So sad, so sad ....imo, i think the track record shows that Donahoes decision making had everything to do with the benching of Losman.

Just put the kid back in before you lose all of your fan base ...and another thing, how much do you wanna bet he will draft an OT or a HB next year... i would not be surprised "WE took the best player available" he would say