Mike Mularkey = Dave Wannstedt

DCM

Sh*t damn, I don't know who I'm agreeing with and who I'm disagreeing with, lol.....I get all uptight about something someone says to me, I respond back, and somehow we end up on the same page....WTF? lol

Just win the friggin game this weekend, boys.....I'm losing my mind here!

the question is...

will Kelly Have time to throw? Does anyone here really believe he'll be good if he doesnt have time to throw??? For sure he'll be better than JP cuz I think i could put up better numbers but will the numbers be that much better... and please dont tell me that all it takes is adequate players, thats BS... Good teams get 250+ yards out of their QB's and 100+ yards out of their HB's, us instead we're happy when our qb completes a pass, this is including DB...

we're doomed, not cuz our QB sucks not cuz our def is stinking it up but cuz our OL couldnt block a blitz from preschoolers

I have neither the patience, energy, nor the inclination to do so, but feel free to look up all 32 teams' total offensive plays from scrimmage and let me know the percentage of runs called by each team.  I bet Bflo's run rate (as far as a percentage of total plays from scrimmage) would be far above the league average.  I'd bet it'd be among the highest in the NFL.  Certainly higher than 8th.

468233[/snapback]

Percentage of plays from scrimmage which are runs:

1 Pittsburgh – 61.5%

2 Atlanta – 61.1%

3 San Diego – 54%

4 Tampa Bay - 53.6%

5 Washington – 52.2%

6 Indianapolis – 51.9%

7 Buffalo – 51.8%

8 Carolina – 50.8%

9 Dallas – 50.2%

10 Denver – 49.7%

So Buffalo currently is in the 7th spot in % of run plays. Granted sacks are not included in the stats, which would probably bump buffalo down a few places (counting sacks as pass plays Buffalo runs the ball on 49.3% of its plays...I'm not doing the math for all the other teams, sorry). Even being ranked 7th in this category they still should have been running the ball more than they have been, particularly with a brand new QB under center and a line that is proficient at run blocking and not much else. If Pittsburgh is the model Buffalo still has a ways to go.

Willis has the 6th most carries of any RB in the league.  Perhaps a new dead horse should be sought.

468174[/snapback]

Wanna try again. He is currently ranked 13th in attempts per game. You can not go off total attempts as some teams now have byes. Even if you went on total attempts he is 10th.

http://nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/RB-RUS..._1=5&_1:col_2=4

With the way the offense has performed.....he should have the MOST carries in the league.

468177[/snapback]

That sounds like a recipe for not winning the Superbowl.

Despite the fact that winning teams have disporportionately many rushing attempts compared to their ideal mix (because they are usually ahead and working the clock in the second half instead of airing it out in a comeback attempt), over the last four years the team with the most rushes has failed to even get to the Superbowl. (I assume Baltimore had the most in '00, but couldn't get those stats).

'04 #6 NE over #31 Phil

'03 #12 NE over #3 Car

'02 #25 TB over #23 Oak

'01 #9 NE over #23 StL

So Buffalo currently is in the 7th spot in % of run plays.  Granted sacks are not included in the stats, which would probably bump buffalo down a few places (counting sacks as pass plays Buffalo runs the ball on 49.3% of its plays...I'm not doing the math for all the other teams, sorry).  Even being ranked 7th in this category they still should have been running the ball more than they have been, particularly with a brand new QB under center and a line that is proficient at run blocking and not much else.  If Pittsburgh is the model Buffalo still has a ways to go.

468476[/snapback]

Dude, you really need to get out more. ;);):doh:

I'll admit I'm surprised Bflo wasn't ranked higher, but I guess playing from behind in 3 of 4 games (as opposed to protecting a lead) will force a team to run less. A quick scan of the 6 teams ranked ahead of us and you'll notice something about them, or more specifically, their W-L record. Those teams have protected leads by the run. We've run the ball despite having no other offensive means of getting first downs. When you consider how many times we've gone 3 and out, and that we're often playing from behind, I guess it's safe to say the Bills do run the ball often.

Wanna try again.  He is currently ranked 13th in attempts per game.  You can not go off total attempts as some teams now have byes.  Even if you went on total attempts he is 10th.

http://nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/RB-RUS..._1=5&_1:col_2=4

468479[/snapback]

RMPL.

We're talking about percentage of plays being runs. I could be mistaken, but I gotta believe the Bills are toward the bottom in total plays from scrimmage with the constant parade of 3 and outs we've seen. And like I said earlier, given how many times we've played from behind, and the run percentage is still in the top quarter of the league, it's simply not accurate to portray Clements as "pass happy."

and Wanny is a fool.  But, atleast even he knew enough to give the damn ball to Ricky 30 times a game....

maybe my math equation will somehow come true and MM will wise up enough to "run the damn ball" with Willis....  :doh:

468163[/snapback]

Not even close-

Dave Wanastedt=Rich Kotite

and e=mc2

RMPL.

We're talking about percentage of plays being runs.  I could be mistaken, but I gotta believe the Bills are toward the bottom in total plays from scrimmage with the constant parade of 3 and outs we've seen.  And like I said earlier, given how many times we've played from behind, and the run percentage is still in the top quarter of the league, it's simply not accurate to portray Clements as "pass happy."

468570[/snapback]

That is not what you said. You said, fact:

Willis has the 6th most carries of any RB in the league. Perhaps a new dead horse should be sought.

You didn't say percent, you didn't say on Sunday when he shaved his legs, or when it's a full moon. You stated he had the 6th most carries. That was wrong on every level. He only has the 10th most overall, and 15th on a per game average which is more pertinent. In addition, who cares about percent of plays, it would be more plays, if he carried more, as it is pretty much a sure thing that we would have a few more first down, hence more plays.

Let me take it a step further. Based on "percentage" of plays, Buffalo has run the ball 6th most in the NFL, however that number is skewed based on the scrambling that JP has done. If you remove those QB runs we are 19th in the league in running. Yes I realize all teams have their QB, but other than New Orleans and Atlanta noone runs their QB as much. Even if you take Brooks and Vicks runs out, Atlanta runs a lot more than us, and New Orleans averages just 1 percent less then us.

With Losman scrambles, we rush less then 50% at 49.3, but remember those aren't called runs except a couple. With those removed and counted at passing plays, like they really are, we are at 40.9 called running plays. Not exactly a rush oriented offense.