Who's the fugin leader?

Mile High

Ok I just watched the game due to the fact that I'm not as lucky as most of you with direct tv because I live in the middle of the Adirondacks (so yeah big trees surrounding where you live=no nfl ticket for me). Anyways the team overall looked pretty good to me. I was actually shocked with the oline's play and Bledsoe (Ice was right about McNally). Mc Gahee looked very strong late in the fourth quarter on one of the fianl drives. The future looks good for us! But we lack one thing and that is that Brett Farve type get in the other players face intensity. Someone to wake the team up and just pound other teams into the ground to finish them off. So who's it gonna be? My guess is he is sitting on the bench right now with a broken leg....

But we lack one thing and that is that Brett Farve type get in the other players face intensity.  Someone to wake the team up and just pound other teams into the ground to finish them off.  So who's it gonna be?  My guess is he is sitting on the bench right now with a broken leg....

33563[/snapback]

Good idea ! :huh:

But we lack one thing and that is that Brett Farve type get in the other players face intensity.  Someone to wake the team up and just pound other teams into the ground to finish them off.  So who's it gonna be?  My guess is he is sitting on the bench right now with a broken leg....

33563[/snapback]

I agree... but he'll need some help, he can't be the only one that steps up.

I agree... but he'll need some help, he can't be the only one that steps up.

33575[/snapback]

I mean clearly on defense there is enough intensity with spikes and fletcher pumping everyone around them up. so how about the offense? who's gonna throw gas on their fire?

Ok I just watched the game due to the fact that I'm not as lucky as most of you with direct tv because I live in the middle of the Adirondacks (so yeah big trees surrounding where you live=no nfl ticket for me).  Anyways  the team overall looked pretty good to me.  I was actually shocked with the oline's play and Bledsoe (Ice was right about McNally).  Mc Gahee looked very strong late in the fourth quarter on one of the fianl drives.  The future looks good for us!  But we lack one thing and that is that Brett Farve type get in the other players face intensity.  Someone to wake the team up and just pound other teams into the ground to finish them off.  So who's it gonna be?  My guess is he is sitting on the bench right now with a broken leg....

33563[/snapback]

Actually it's interesting that you should bring that up. I don't remember if it was the second or third quarter, but the offense was using the no huddle. They did it for about four or five plays. It was working fairly well and the defense seemed to be on its toes, then Mike Williams stays down. He gets up quickly, but is clearly in some sort of pain, limping a bit. I don't know if they show this on TV, but I saw it at the game: Moulds runs over to him and starts yelling at him. I can only assume that he was telling him to suck it up and keep playing, because the no huddle was working. ACtually, I can't assume this, but I hope so. DId anyone else at the game see this or know what I'm talking about?

I mean clearly on defense there is enough intensity with spikes and fletcher pumping everyone around them up.  so how about the offense?  who's gonna throw gas on their fire?

33581[/snapback]

Evans is getting a lot of flack, but I think he will end up being a warrior.

Maybe Willis... definitely (hopefully?) someone who's not on the team yet.

Actually it's interesting that you should bring that up.  I don't remember if it was the second or third quarter, but the offense was using the no huddle.  They did it for about four or five plays.  It was working fairly well and the defense seemed to be on its toes, then Mike Williams stays down.  He gets up quickly, but is clearly in some sort of pain, limping a bit.  I don't know if they show this on TV, but I saw it at the game:  Moulds runs over to him and starts yelling at him.  I can only assume that he was telling him to suck it up and keep playing, because the no huddle was working.  ACtually, I can't assume this, but I hope so.  DId anyone else at the game see this or know what I'm talking about?

33583[/snapback]

Good point. Also, according to today's D and C, Bledsoe gave MW a pep talk ("Come on, big boy, we need you.") which kept Williams in the game. Sounds like a leader to me....

Guest Guest_BillsRebound_*

The problem with Drew is that his recent play (last year) doesn't give him the credibility amongst his teammates to lay into anyone who needs a kick in the a$$.

The youg cats Evans/Mcgahee will eventually come out every1 elses shawdow and in the ned they will take over and show the fire in their eveys and when JP comes back....watch and see how that young cat tkaes over the huddle....not tot ake anything away from Drew but he is more of a conservative lets get the job done type of player not like JP who says CMON LETS GET INN THERE A FUGGIN DO IT

unfrotunately there are 31 other teams in the NFL that do not have a Bret Favre-like leader. Favre is one of those people/players that come around very infrequently, but when they do it is something special. We have TKO, Fletcher and Milloy that are very adequate leaders in my book

unfrotunately there are 31 other teams in the NFL that do not have a Bret Favre-like leader.  Favre is one of those people/players that come around very infrequently, but when they do it is something special.  We have TKO, Fletcher and Milloy that are very adequate leaders in my book

33606[/snapback]

right and i agree but noone on offense.

I live in the middle of the Adirondacks (so yeah big trees surrounding where you live=no nfl ticket for me). 

33563[/snapback]

Nothin' a chainsaw can't handle. Hell, I'd doze a mountain down to maintain my NFL Sunday Ticket reception!!

yeah you are right, but maybe our offence is the SBD type, each preferring to go one on one to each other, we know TH, EM, and DB are all adequate players, but have never been vocal about much, but when it comes to letting someone know they need to pick it up, they seem to do a decent job of it, albeit quietly(ie, DB and EM speaking to MW). Plus we have an in your face ex-OC as a head coach and perhaps he is our outspoken one. May be a bit of an odd situation, but then again it is buffalo, no one ever accused the team or the fans of being of sound mind

right and i agree but noone on offense.

33613[/snapback]

Everyone is right about the leaders on defense. The offense just doesn't have anyone stepping up to that role full time. Drew has never been known to take an on the field get in your face type of guy. I do remember him in the 1st half of 02 getting in there and vocally leading the team, but nothing since.

I think it has got to be Drew who steps up and takes charge. He is in there every play, and is after all leading the offense. It would be nice to see him on the sidelines hyping the team up or chewing someone out who is slacking.

Everyone is right about the leaders on defense. The offense just doesn't have anyone stepping up to that role full time.  Drew has never been known to take an on the field get in your face type of guy.  I do remember him in the 1st half of 02 getting in there and vocally leading the team, but nothing since.

I think it has got to be Drew who steps up and takes charge. He is in there every play, and is after all leading the offense.  It would be nice to see him on the sidelines hyping the team up or chewing someone out who is slacking.

33699[/snapback]

Imo Drew has to period......

Everyone is right about the leaders on defense. The offense just doesn't have anyone stepping up to that role full time.  Drew has never been known to take an on the field get in your face type of guy.  I do remember him in the 1st half of 02 getting in there and vocally leading the team, but nothing since.

I think it has got to be Drew who steps up and takes charge. He is in there every play, and is after all leading the offense.  It would be nice to see him on the sidelines hyping the team up or chewing someone out who is slacking.

33699[/snapback]

you are right- it should be Drew.

But it won't be.

Drew has not shown that leadership in 10+years - why will he start now?

The future looks good for us!  But we lack one thing and that is that Brett Farve type get in the other players face intensity.  Someone to wake the team up and just pound other teams into the ground to finish them off.  So who's it gonna be?  My guess is he is sitting on the bench right now with a broken leg....

33563[/snapback]

JP, who has never thrown a pass in the NFL, is the leader of this team? Did I miss a meeting? We all hope JP lives up to expectations but lets be realistic. Favre sparks guys because he has proven he can get the job done. If you are trying to draw so Flutie analogy here, lets not overlook the fact that Doug was 35 years old and a veteran. Thats why people believe. If you think vets are gonna listen to some rook on how things should be you are sorely mistaken.

JP, who has never thrown a pass in the NFL, is the leader of this team? Did I miss a meeting? We all hope JP lives up to expectations but lets be realistic. Favre sparks guys because he has proven he can get the job done. If you are trying to draw so Flutie analogy here, lets not overlook the fact that Doug was 35 years old and a veteran. Thats why people believe. If you think vets are gonna listen to some rook on how things should be you are sorely mistaken.

34783[/snapback]

god your simple. leaders, and i mean a good leaders lead by example chuck. all i was saying in this whole post is that noone on this offense has became a leader and got in anyone elses face, chuck. did i say anything about flutie, chuck? no... so then if you read what i typed it clearly states that someone has to become a leader on this offense and light a fire under their asses, chuck. is bledsoe the person to do it.. well see (so far um no). all i was really stating is that someone has to step up, chuck and motivate the offense to be more intense, chuck.