So when KH gets pounded into the ground and we are

KH is not the answer. We are still going to get beat by Miami this Sunday. I guess if KH is beaten to a pulp then MM can start the kid the rest of the year and not second guess himself about what KH can do.

But if KH plays lights out and we somehow manage to beat Miami, then leave KH in until there is a reason to not play KH. Next year they can have a QB competition to see who starts.

KH is not the answer. We are still going to get beat by Miami this Sunday. I guess if KH is beaten to a pulp then MM can start the kid the rest of the year and not second guess himself about what KH can do.

But if KH plays lights out and we somehow manage to beat Miami, then leave KH in until there is a reason to not play KH. Next year they can have a QB competition to see who starts.

467812[/snapback]

My guess is that Holcomb plays until Mularkey feels Losman is ready to go back in

What happens when KH plays so-so.  But we win because they finally give it to Willis 30 times during the game.  Then what?  We decide KH looks better handing the ball off than JP.

467834[/snapback]

If KH's accuracy is better on the passes than JP's then leave him in. If his accuracy is the same as JP's. Then start JP.

Exactly. KH can through one pass and have better stats than JP. But what does that tell us. Nothing.

What if KH's stats are better but we still lose? Then we leave him in and say are QB looks real good back there? Who cares that we lost? I don't cause man that guy looks good. It's like Favre. He looked great on Monday night - statwise. But the Packers still lost, so it means crap.

Starting KH means crap, unless he's the reason we win. If he's the reason we win, then maybe I'll cahnge my mind. But unitl I see him prove he's other than a journey man on his last stop before retirement, I say this is a big mistake - bargaining the future, for a high today.

Relax man. Holcomb is coming in to try and rally the troops to a few wins ---- if he fails, JP will be back in there sooner than later. If he succeeds, then Bills fans will shut up and be happy the five year and counting TD revitilaztion project might actually result in a playoff appearance.

Exactly.  KH can through one pass and have better stats than JP.  But what does that tell us.  Nothing.

What if KH's stats are better but we still lose?  Then we leave him in and say are QB looks real good back there?  Who cares that we lost?  I don't cause man that guy looks good.  It's like Favre.  He looked great on Monday night - statwise.  But the Packers still lost, so it means crap.

If KH's stats are good and the Bills are moving the ball up and down the field, yet still lose the game, why would you not let Holcomb start the following game?

After all, there are 50 other men on the roster who aren't QBs that need to step up and do their job if Buffalo is going to win regardless of who the QB is.

Starting KH means crap, unless he's the reason we win.  If he's the reason we win, then maybe I'll cahnge my mind.  But unitl I see him prove he's other than a journey man on his last stop before retirement, I say this is a big mistake - bargaining the future, for  a high today.

The future is next season if we don't get a win on Sunday, and there are no gaurantees that our future is particularly bright, given Losman's performance thus far.

I'm afraid people are just missing the point. The point is everyone says don't worry JP you don't have to carry the team. But, then when the team flounders, who gets the blame? Its a double standard. And myself, and probably most people here upset about this are more upset about that than anything. Its the double standard. Its the being sold one thing and given another.

I was perfectly content watching our team go 8-8 this year with JP. Because he was our future and was going to take us to the superbowl someday... not just the playoffs. But, now they've changed the rules and JP may not be the future. So what was it.

Also, myself and many others see the big picture. And know that more often than not, when you pull young promising QBs and screw with their heads, you screw their careers. So its not about the next 2-3 weeks. For me, its what kind of team are we going to be for the next 5-6 years. Right now, they've taken a huge step towards uncertainty and that's what I don't like. I'd gladly give up this season, if Iwas reasonably sure it would give us 5 or 6 great ones in the future. Now, who knows what we'll get htis season or next. I guess I'll just watch the game, drink a little, and sit back when its all over and see .. see I told you so to myself again. Because I've seen this train wreck coming.

467812[/snapback]

Exactly.

What's the big deal?

Maybe we should pin this.