OH-OH

tennesseeboy

Just back from Buffalo. Son got me seats in the M&T club which was really nice and got to meet a number of the Bills from the 1964 team there. Son was also going to give me my first grandchild, but the kid was so ashamed about the bills play that he or she decided to wait until the Oakland game before coming into the world. Good choice. I couldn't find the Hammer parking area or lot and was looking forward to a Singha with KRC and meeting some of the folk. (specially Boomer and the right wing whackos!).

Anyway. We sucked. The coaching was lackluster and incoherent, the passing game didn't have much going for it, we missed critical field goals, Willis won't be talking so much about getting traded, and we didn't run when we should have (near the end zone) and ran exclusively when we might have kept a drive going with an occassional pass. We have a lot of getting better to do before Oakland. It isn't the end of the world. We have a very good defense (albeit some bad moments) and I for one think the offense has the POTENTIAL to be better than average. Time for that potential to show itself.

I couldn't find the Hammer parking area or lot and was looking forward to a Singha with KRC and meeting some of the folk. (specially Boomer and the right wing whackos!). 

33513[/snapback]

Yeah...yeah...I know. You stood me up. Bastard. :)

I had cold Singha waiting for you.

Just back from Buffalo.  Son got me seats in the M&T club which was really nice and got to meet a number of the Bills from the 1964 team there.  Son was also going to give me my first grandchild, but the kid was so ashamed about the bills play that he or she decided to wait until the Oakland game before coming into the world.  Good choice.  I couldn't find the Hammer parking area or lot and was looking forward to a Singha with KRC and meeting some of the folk. (specially Boomer and the right wing whackos!). 

Anyway.  We sucked. The coaching was lackluster and incoherent, the passing game didn't have much going for it, we missed critical field goals, Willis won't be talking so much about getting traded, and we didn't run when we should have (near the end zone) and ran exclusively when we might have kept a drive going with an occassional pass. We have a lot of getting better to do before Oakland.  It isn't the end of the world. We have a very good defense (albeit some bad moments) and I for one think the offense has the POTENTIAL to be better than average.  Time for that potential to show itself.

33513[/snapback]

Gotta disagree.

Drew played smart. Completed short passes, much like a certain QB from Boston. He didnt make any mistakes (at all) including taking a "smart" sack. Willis and Henry both struggled; but again, it was against one of the best Defenses in the league (especially run defense). The punting unit (besides the obvious Moorman) was great - coverage was superb. The defense played the best I have seen them play in over two years - except for the last 2 minutes - but then again, it was a fluke.

I was very happy with the way the bills played. Was i happy when they lost. Of course not. But 4 days after the fact I can step back and see that it was a great change from last year, and a well played game.

Gotta disagree.

Drew played smart. Completed short passes, much like a certain QB from Boston. He didnt make any mistakes (at all) including taking a "smart" sack. Willis and Henry both struggled; but again, it was against one of the best Defenses in the league (especially run defense). The punting unit (besides the obvious Moorman) was great - coverage was superb.  The defense played the best I have seen them play in over two years - except for the last 2 minutes - but then again, it was a fluke.

I was very happy with the way the bills played. Was i happy when they lost. Of course not. But 4 days after the fact I can step back and see that it was a great change from last year, and a well played game.

33537[/snapback]

I'm hoping you are right and I'm wrong and we kick some Oakland butt!

Anyway.  We sucked. The coaching was lackluster and incoherent, the passing game didn't have much going for it, we missed critical field goals, Willis won't be talking so much about getting traded, and we didn't run when we should have (near the end zone) and ran exclusively when we might have kept a drive going with an occassional pass. We have a lot of getting better to do before Oakland. 

33513[/snapback]

Are you sure your not talking about our troops in Iraq. Tenny boy, get a grip.

I'm hoping you are right and I'm wrong and we kick some Oakland butt!

33562[/snapback]

War in Iraq?..The way that's been handled I'd have to go back to the Dan Darragh regime to find a comparable Buffalo Bills team! There is nothing wrong with the team we have in Iraq, but the coaching, management and present ownership suck. Hope we change that in November.