benching losman is bull-schitt

eball

memo to mike -- the bills aren't making the playoffs this year. are you going to make a knee-jerk move to satisfy a few spoiled vets on your roster, or do you have the stones to let losman learn on the job? how about reining in your kevin killdrive clone tom clements? how about letting duke preston replace trey "the turnstile" teague at C?

the bills are not a playoff team in their current state. pretending otherwise is an insult to those of us who have watched the product. the OL stink as pass blockers, the defense is vastly overrated, and we don't have coaches smart enough to ride the one REAL horse (mcgahee) we have.

the WORST thing that could happen to this year's team is for holcomb to start and win two ugly games the next two weeks. and i bet that's exactly what will happen. then the bills will have their asses handed to them by the real teams on their schedule, and mularkey will throw losman back to the wolves as he "gives up" on the season. way to go, coach.

say hello to a few more years of mediocrity.

yes, i'm a little pissy this a.m. :blink:

memo to mike -- the bills aren't making the playoffs this year.

466859[/snapback]

Don't be so sure that this move doesn't jumpstart the team. Last season proved that the Bills have talent and can get hot, and I would not be at all surprised if they finish the season 10-6.

Don't be so sure that this move doesn't jumpstart the team.  Last season proved that the Bills have talent and can get hot, and I would not be at all surprised if they finish the season 10-6.

466888[/snapback]

might get them a few more wins but i'd rather they go 1-7 and maybe get hot at the end then you have something next year.............this way you downgraded from bledsoe to holcomb for what reason??

That's the most intelligent decision TD and MM have made this year. JP is not ready to be a starter and though KH struggled in his two relief appearances, I believe he will be a lot more effective now that he has handled the snaps all week.

I keep saying this and I will say it again. JP does not equal Carson, Ben or Eli. The team needs to put the best product on the field to win ball games. The naysayers will say he needs time to develop and let the season wash away. Well my question to you is, what if he doesn't develop? Let's take the "Steve Young" approach and see what happens (granted KH isn't JM).

Don't be so sure that this move doesn't jumpstart the team.  Last season proved that the Bills have talent and can get hot, and I would not be at all surprised if they finish the season 10-6.

466888[/snapback]

Kelly Holcomb is dead meat behind this offensive line. If Malarkey and Clements had a clue they would have developed a game plan that concentrated on the talents of their players. Use McGahee as a workhorse and let Losman use his legs to make plays. They've done neither and now we have JP served up as the scapegoat for our dog@ss coches and players to hide behind. This team is the biggest bunch of losers and is an embarassment to it's fans.

Hey JP, I'm still with ya. It's too bad you have a moron both as your head coach and offensive coordinator.

That's the most intelligent decision TD and MM have made this year. JP is not ready to be a starter and though KH struggled in his two relief appearances, I believe he will be a lot more effective now that he has handled the snaps all week.

I keep saying this and I will say it again. JP does not equal Carson, Ben or Eli. The team needs to put the best product on the field to win ball games. The naysayers will say he needs time to develop and let the season wash away. Well my question to you is, what if he doesn't develop? Let's take the "Steve Young" approach and see what happens (granted KH isn't JM).

466905[/snapback]

I just love how folks feel somehow KH is the answer. This is the same KH who LOST his job in Cleveland and wasnt courted by many and is at best a second tier backup. This just seals it that MM has alot to learn about being a head coach. Looks like this coaching staff is about to ruin a young QBs confidence etc, hope to god this kid can bounce back from this BS at OBD.

Mularkey should bench Clement's for his abysmal playcalling.  Absolutely astounding just how bad this team has become.

I'm starting to think the Hollywood may be right. :D

466911[/snapback]

Clements was the QB coach in Pittsburgh under Mularkey. He's calling Mularkeys plays for him.

Mularkey and Gray are not calling a good game at all.

Football is a business.

You cant be all touchy-feely about the QB. If he isnt getting the job done, shake his cage and move on. If he (Losman) is a Kelly-esque competitor, JP wont let this change go on for long.

As my dad says "Sh*t or get off the pot"

This is just bad timing. I don't think you pull JP with 2 home games against divisional opponents. This is where you see what the kid has. This is the kind of opportunity you have JP go with. And if you bring in Holcomb, and maybe split the next two.....I just think this is setting itself up in a bad way, when it leads to the game in Foxboro.

Football is a business.

You cant be all touchy-feely about the QB.  If he isnt getting the job done, shake his cage and move on.  If he (Losman) is a Kelly-esque competitor, JP wont let this change go on for long.

466961[/snapback]

Has TD gotten the job done with this putrid offensive line?

Has Mike Malarkey/Tom Clements gotten the job done with using McGahee only 16 times last week?

Has the laughable defense gotten the job done since week 1?

There's more than one member at OBD that needs to remove themselves from the toilet. JP has played badly, but this team and organization has let him down every step of the way.

Has TD gotten the job done with this putrid offensive line?

Has Mike Malarkey/Tom Clements gotten the job done with using McGahee only 16 times last week?

The Bills have not been the same since the departure of Bill Polian.

Football is a business.

You cant be all touchy-feely about the QB.  If he isnt getting the job done, shake his cage and move on.  If he (Losman) is a Kelly-esque competitor, JP wont let this change go on for long.

466961[/snapback]

Let me get this straight ,,,,your saying jp didn't sh%t so get off the pot but the rest of the team did sh%t so they can stay on the pot?????????Sounds to me like the coaches think the #1 D of alltime Bills history is going to be giving up 24 or more points this weekend and the coaches are scared sh$tless about starting JP in that situation ...........GIVE ME THE 28 RANKED D OF THE EARLY 90'S AT LEAST THEY COULD STOP SOMEONE WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE IN THE 4 QT.......

Clements was the QB coach in Pittsburgh under Mularkey. He's calling Mularkeys plays for him.

Mularkey and Gray are not calling a good game at all.

466916[/snapback]

That is true. Pittsburgh has always had a solid o-line. That's the different

the bills are not a playoff team in their current state.  pretending otherwise is an insult to those of us who have watched the product.  the OL stink as pass blockers, the defense is vastly overrated, and we don't have coaches smart enough to ride the one REAL horse (mcgahee) we have.

the WORST thing that could happen to this year's team is for holcomb to start and win two ugly games the next two weeks.  and i bet that's exactly what will happen.  then the bills will have their asses handed to them by the real teams on their schedule, and mularkey will throw losman back to the wolves as he "gives up" on the season.  way to go, coach.

say hello to a few more years of mediocrity.

466859[/snapback]

I agree with almost everything you said except I think the season is pretty much over. Holcomb is not the answer. Everyone hopes Losman is, but how do you find out by benching him? I've seen the bills get pummeled enough this year to know they are playing 16 games and calling it a season. Why not see if losman has what it takes. Sitting on the bench is not going to help his field vision and progressions. He needs to show the fans, organization, and himself that he can do the job. Now we go into next season with the same questions.

Maybe I could understand if the rest of the team was playing at a high level like last season, but no faze of the game is at this point and to top it off holcomb has looked horrible this year. / end rant.

This is just bad timing.  I don't think you pull JP with 2 home games against divisional opponents.  This is where you see what the kid has.  This is the kind of opportunity you have JP go with.  And if you bring in Holcomb, and maybe split the next two.....I just think this is setting itself up in a bad way, when it leads to the game in Foxboro.

466973[/snapback]

I've seen enough of Rob Johnson oh I mean JP Losman for a while. Did those clowns go to the same high school?

Memo: Many Rookie QBs have been benched in their first year starting. Eli Manning, Carson Palmer...? Ring a bell?

Losman needs this big bite of reality. He thinks he's better than he is. He has a serious problem pulling the trigger and it only seems to show up in games.

DANGEROUS. He needs time to undo this glitch.

Bring on Holcomb.