The National Intelligence Estimate for Iraq

Peter

Will someone please tell me if this administration is too damned stupid for its own good, or too damned clever for its own good?

Because you can't have it both ways...

33679[/snapback]

Apparently, you can.

There are times when I think that you are brilliant. There are other times when . . . .

I wouldn't say they're stupid, but they are too overconfident, self-righteous, stubborn, and obsessed to consider the facts when they differ with their perceptions, and unwilling to correct their course based on the facts. They are very clever, but they are also very wrong in their conclusions.

I wouldn't say they're stupid, but they are too overconfident, self-righteous, stubborn, and obsessed to consider the facts when they differ with their perceptions, and unwilling to correct their course based on the facts.  They are very clever, but they are also very wrong in their conclusions.

33788[/snapback]

Given what I've heard from people inside the White House...they're stupid. In fact, if I may be allowed to quote what a senior White House official once told me: "My boss is an idiot."

Probably because someone in the administration who is tired of listening to Bush paint a rosey picture of Iraq has a conscience and leaked it. And don't look for any names anytime soon, we're still waiting for the name of who leaked Joe Wilson's wife's identity to Novak.

Probably because someone in the administration who is tired of listening to Bush paint a rosey picture of Iraq has a conscience and leaked it.  And don't look for any names anytime soon, we're still waiting for the name of who leaked Joe Wilson's wife's identity to Novak.

33843[/snapback]

But don't forget the then-Senator Torrecelli -D, NJ fingering an operative to the New York Times...which bothered neither the media nor the Clinton administration...:huh: