Jennings update -

Talonz

PER KFFL

49ers | Jennings Out; Season in Jeopardy

Wed, 5 Oct 2005 17:22:54 -0700

San Francisco 49ers OT Jonas Jennings (shoulder) didn't practice Wednesday, Oct. 5, and is out for Week 5. He's hoping his torn labrum heals enough to allow him to play Week 7. He might have season-ending surgery if his shoulder doesn't respond by then.

Some things never change :blink:

Jennings might be out for the year, and Pat Williams is on the worst rushing defense in the league. 

What a fool TD is...... :blink:

466628[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly.....friggin TD

and in there place we have Gandy and Anderson.

466640[/snapback]

TD tried to go after Corey Simon. He was overweight and wanted too much money. It's not like there are pro-bowl tackles just sitting at home and TD refuses to sign them. It's hard to sign an all-pro at every position. Sooner or later you have to count on your players to play together and step up, ala the Patriots. TD can't go out there and make them gel. That's up to the coach and the players.

Yeah. 1 and 3 is a warm and fuzzy place to be... :blink:

466647[/snapback]

It's TD's fault that his the defense can't stop anyone on third down? TD brought plenty of good players to the Bills. It's up to the coaches and the players to win.

Yeah. 1 and 3 is a warm and fuzzy place to be... :blink:

466647[/snapback]

Seriously, lots of fans seem to be fine with this.

TD truly IS amazing. I am serious. He brought us players such as Spikes and Fletcher. He dumped a retarded drug addict on another team and got a 3rd!!!! This is impressive by any standard.

Otoh, he trades away picks that could have been used to build a foundation and delivers us quarterbacks and small wideouts. Then, his teams lose.

I am the very first guy to give him a pass on year one. Seriously, he was in a mess, but what about now? We went from winning 8 of 10 to not knowing on a wednesday night who will quarterback our team on sunday. Why, because we lost last year to steeler scrubs and he was embarrassed.

I will never lose patience with the Bills, but I am all but completely out of it wrt TD.

TD truly IS amazing. I am serious. He brought us players such as Spikes and Fletcher. He dumped a retarded drug addict on another team and got a 3rd!!!! This is impressive by any standard.

Otoh, he trades away picks that could have been used to build a foundation and delivers us quarterbacks and small wideouts. Then, his teams lose.

I am the very first guy to give him a pass on year one. Seriously, he was in a mess, but what about now? We went from winning 8 of 10 to not knowing on a wednesday night who will quarterback our team on sunday. Why, because we lost last year to steeler scrubs and he was embarrassed.

I will never lose patience with the Bills, but I am all but completely out of it wrt TD.

466654[/snapback]

Don't you blame the coaching at least a little this year? I mean come on, we have a STUD runner who has been tearing it up, yet only getting half the carries he should have. You must have heard that stat where when we run Willis for over 100 yards, we've won the game every single time except once, and that was against Atlanta....when Willis had like 6 runs in the fourth....when we were only down by 8pts.....I think this season would look a whole lot better if we were 2-2, and in my opinion, the lack of Willis is the difference between that and the 1-3 we are right now.

TD truly IS amazing.

466654[/snapback]

Amazing, yes. Faced with an obvious situation, GW/KG, he preferred to fiddle while Rome burned.

That was a capital crime, in my view. He's a self-serving schmuck. :blink:

Who drafts window dressings instead of solid timbers, I might add...

466654[/snapback]

Bill--great post....TD is a very amzing guy and hard to figure. Lots of brilliance and stupidity mixed into one white headed package

466654[/snapback]

good point maybe he was embarrassed and bledsoe was the scape goat......8/10 and 6 in a row with 30 points or more put on the board..........now what though.....i say play jp or end his career as a bill, they are messing with his head too much...............watch how coughlin does it

It's TD's fault that his the defense can't stop anyone on third down? TD brought plenty of good players to the Bills.  It's up to the coaches and the players to win.

466651[/snapback]

What are we? Snyder's Redskins?! Collecting plenty of good players isn't enough. There has to be some overall vision for the team. And TD doesn't have one.

And back to the original subject of Jennings, you TD apologists are giving him way too much credit (nothing new here). Not matching the contract that the 49ers gave him was a no-brainer. What really would have impressed me would have been signing a better LT than Gandy, or trading for a better LT, or drafting one in 2005, or - God forbid - having a little foresight and obtaining our future LT in 2004 via free agency, trades, or the draft.

Don't you blame the coaching at least a little this year? I mean come on, we have a STUD runner who has been tearing it up, yet only getting half the carries he should have. You must have heard that stat where when we run Willis for over 100 yards, we've won the game every single time except once, and that was against Atlanta....when Willis had like 6 runs in the fourth....when we were only down by 8pts.....I think this season would look a whole lot better if we were 2-2, and in my opinion, the lack of Willis is the difference between that and the 1-3 we are right now.

466662[/snapback]

I agree with you all the way AJ.

But you can't put lipstick on a pig and expect it to look purdy. What I have a problem with in regards to TD is his flat-out inexplicable and inexcusable refusal to build an offensive line that can block a fat girl...

I agree with you all the way AJ.

But you can't put lipstick on a pig and expect it to look purdy. What I have a problem with in regards to TD is his flat-out inexplicable and inexcusable refusal to build an offensive line that can block a fat girl...

467619[/snapback]

lol.....I know, our line does suck. I just don't know what we can really do about it now that the season started, you know? Outside of a trade, or signing Verba, or something along those lines, I think we're kinda stuck with what we got. I think if we could just find a stud center it would do wonders for our line....opposing defenses just get too much damn pressure up the middle. Teague is not the answer.

Back to the topic...anyone know if this impacts potential compensation?  I thought losing our starting LT could bring a supplementary third or fourth.

467702[/snapback]

Anyone who things that TD is brilliant for letting a player who got injuried go, could just as easily say that TD is stupid for signing TKO, who got injuried too.

Anyone who things that TD is brilliant for letting a player who got injuried go, could just as easily say that TD is stupid for signing TKO, who got injuried too.

467724[/snapback]

Jennings is chronically hurt..

TKO has never missed a game due to injury.

what he said

467756[/snapback]

Or what about what I said? In post #13? How not signing Jennings to the type of contract he was going to get elsewhere was a no-brainer? Only a few franchises had GM's dumb enough to entertain JJ's particular demands in the offseason; the 49er's were one of them.