(OT) NFL Network

ajzepp

The best part about the NFL Network is that during the offseason they show old games. And not just "miraculous endings" or the best games of all time, but they will show a random "bears vs packers" from week 2 of the 1994 season, etc.

For people like Poojer, I guess that isnt cool. But when i am dying for football during the offseason, just being able to watch any game is great. And it gives me an excuse not to get off the coach on sundays.

The best part about the NFL Network is that during the offseason they show old games. And not just "miraculous endings" or the best games of all time, but they will show a random "bears vs packers" from week 2 of the 1994 season, etc.

For people like Poojer, I guess that isnt cool. But when i am dying for football during the offseason, just being able to watch any game is great. And it gives me an excuse not to get off the coach on sundays.

33717[/snapback]

That's good to hear.....I wasn't able to get it until August of this year, but I can imagine it'll come in very handy in the offseason.....besides, doesn't the Total Access continue to run in the offseason, too? Just having that I would think would be great. If someone is just a Bills fan, this thing may be no big deal.....but if you are a football fan, I don't see how anyone could not dig it.

On a side note they do have a tendency to replay a lot of stuff, but that will change as they have a chance to grow.

33712[/snapback]

That's a good point.....I remember when Fox just started out.....They had three shows that they replayed over and over.....Married with Children, Tracy Ullman, and Duet. Duet sucked ass, but the other two were good.....MWC being a classic, of course :huh:

As has been pointed out, it's available from some cable companies (CONcast for example).

But I'm pretty sure you could get DirecTV.  Very few people can't get it if they're willing to work at it.  In fact, DirecTV is available to more homes in the United States than cable is! :huh:

CW

33415[/snapback]

I used to get Direct TV, but where we moved to, they do not allow satallite dishes.

We can only get two different cable companies in the area, Time Warner and Heartland. Heartland is awful (it doesn't even have ESPN Classic), so Time Warner it is. Time Warner is fine, but they do not offer, and it does not appear likely that they will any time soon, the NFL NETWORK. Sorry, I just think the NFL is screwing its' fans over by signing an exclusive contract for the Sunday Ticket, to be offered only via Direct TV. When I had Direct TV, I found it less convenient than cable in different ways (I know, I know, many of you swear by it, which is cool), and in a situation like mine (which I know many others are in), I can't honestly just move to a different place so I can get the Sunday Ticket. Like I said before, I love NFL football, but I am growing increasingly disgusted by how much the leauge takes advantage of its' fans. I have no doubt, however, that the NFL NETWORK is awesome! I get green with envy anytime I hear anyone talking about it.... I got personal problems I guess.... :D

Shows I like on the NFL network include:

Game of the week---They pick one game and break it down with tons of added behind the scenes stuff like play calling, coaching, players communicating, etc. It gave a very good idea of what was going on in the game.

Playbook.---three ex-jocks preview the coming weeks games, breaking down films, schemes, and players. Its what espn wishes it was.

Total Access---similar to nfl live from ESPN, only less fluff from the talking heads, and more interviews, highlights, analysis, etc...

I too, love this channel. I watch it daily....

BTW- I sing that damn song now even when I am NOT watching the channel....

Guest Guest_dan_*

I just moved 2 weeks ago and could not get cable at the new house (I think we moved to 1982 - imagine not being able to get cable in 40,000 pop city!). Well, we got DirecTV - mostly so I could finally get the Sunday ticket and finally see all the Bills games. (which is why they'll probably go 0-16) At any rate, I can't get local channels and the Bills lost, but I must say.... having the NFL network is going a long way to make up for it. In 2 weeks it has become my most watched channel! It even rivals late night skinamax!

I can definitely see this thing growing over the next year or 2 and adding games and other great programming. I think in a few years it will be a must have for any football fan.

I used to get Direct TV, but where we moved to, they do not allow satallite dishes.

We can only get two different cable companies in the area, Time Warner and Heartland.  Heartland is awful (it doesn't even have ESPN Classic), so Time Warner it is.  Time Warner is fine, but they do not offer, and it does not appear likely that they will any time soon, the NFL NETWORK.  Sorry, I just think the NFL is screwing its' fans over by signing an exclusive contract for the Sunday Ticket, to be offered only via Direct TV.  When I had Direct TV, I found it less convenient than cable in different ways (I know, I know, many of you swear by it, which is cool), and in a situation like mine (which I know many others are in), I can't honestly just move to a different place so I can get the Sunday Ticket.  Like I said before, I love NFL football, but I am growing increasingly disgusted by how much the leauge takes advantage of its' fans.  I have no doubt, however, that the NFL NETWORK is awesome!  I get green with envy anytime I hear anyone talking about it.... I got personal problems I guess.... :D

33920[/snapback]

Wherever you live, they can't disallow satallite dishes. It's against the law. They can write it into the lease, write it into an association policy, etc, but it is NOT enforcable, per FCC rules. If you WANT a dish, you can HAVE a dish. They can tell you that you can't mount it to their building, but you can easily do something like put it on a pole in a bucket of cement on your patio (for example).

I'm curious what you think is 'less convenient" than cable? I never really considered DirecTV to be more or less convenient than cable -- I just like the service and cost better. TiVo is much more convenient, but you CAN get a standalone for cable instead of using the very cheap DirecTiVo units.. Just curious.

Regarding "not moving to another place," I made sure that in my last apartment and in my current home that I had a clear shot to the sattelite and that nobody would give me grief about it. While it's true that the FCC mandates that you are allowed to have a dish, it's better to not piss off your entire neighborhood if at all possible. :huh:

CW