Rest Of NFL After 4 Weeks

Mark VI

There was a lot of FUD being spread during that time.  My take is that Lewis didn't think he had to prepare because he was a shoe in.  It's hard to look at someone who doesn't prepare and compare him to GW who was overprepared and choose Marvin.

464000[/snapback]

Who's laughing at the Bungles these days?

Who's laughing at the Bills these days?

More repetition than anything, but the Colts are for real and it'll take a good effort by Pittsburgh to keep them from winning it all.

Philadelphia and McNabb are the real deal as well. Like Mark said, 31 unanswered points ON THE ROAD vs. KC? Are you freakin' kidding me? Do you see the way McNabb controls that ball? He has poise, comfort, strength and touch, combined with a perfectly groomed pocket, and they will be very tough to beat this year.

San Diego will also make a run, and so will the Bengals. But in the end, it'll be Colts/Eagles or, to some degree of possibility, Steelers/Eagles.

I'm impressed by the Chargers- last year was a fluke? Nobody told them.

I'm impressed by Denver- lost to Miami, I thought they sucked. Now it looks like they may have it together. Tough to trust Plummer, though.

I'm impressed by Miami- two nice wins. Bills have one sh*tty win. Coaching?

I'm impressed that Chad Pennington got $RICH$ without ever making it through a full NFL season.

I'm impressed by how much Randy Moss meant to Daunte Culpepper.

I'm slightly impressed by the Colts D. Time will tell with that one.

I'm impressed by the underdogs. The favorites may be winning, but they aren't covering.

And my one question so far: Wouldn't the Niners prefer to rack up 100 yards of offense with Alex Smith in there, as opposed to Tim Rattay? It's pretty obvious they are going to suck either way...I understand the "confidence" factor and you don't want to "throw him to the wolves," but watching a pathetic team from the sidelines will leave him in the same spot at the beginning of next year.

San Diego, what resolve. Being 0-2 and coming back with bells on.

Philly, this could be the year...part 5.

Indy, this could be the year..part 3, but in all reality they've got one heck of a D now. Of all teams outside of the Bills I'd love to see them win one.

Bengals, who cares who they beat? They are undefeated.

Same goes for Washington, they have the D to make a statement in the NFC.

Giants, holy crap is Manning looking like the elder Manning. and his offensive weapons remind me of a St. Louis Rams team of a few years back. Burress, Toomer, Shockey, Barber, Jacobs. Watch out for these guys.

The Falcons, only loss was by 3 on the road in Seattle. And I expect them to lay a hurt on that NE D with the running game this week too.

Cincy's played The Browns/Vikings/Bears/Texans. Yes Carson Palmer is great, and will be for quite some time, yes their offense is good, but no I'm not overly impressed. Beat pitt then we'll talk.  Like bufforange  said they remind me of last years seattle as well, we'll see when they start playing some division games. It's Still pitts division imo.

463903[/snapback]

Yep. They are playing well, but the clubs they have beaten are a combined 3 and 10.

They will be playing JAX and PGH in the 1st half of the season, and the first 4 games in the 2nd half are against BAL, IND,BAL, and PIT.

BTW, Joe Pendry called a good game for HOU at CIN last week. He had Carr take two reads, no more. If nothing was there, Carr would tuck it in. He gained 35 rush yards and was sacked 7 times, but the Texans were in the game until the final minute or so.

Bengals and the Giants just cause two young QBs who struggled mightily in their first seasons and are proving that the first four starts of a QBs career do not DEFINE that career.

464366[/snapback]

As I said in another thread, I looked recently at what they were saying on a Bengals board a year ago (sitting at 1-4) and the fans over there were "Bench Palmer! Fire Lewis!" It would have been the same thing here, and even the finish last year would have Bills' fans calling for Lewis' head. "How many years of 8-8 can we take?!?!"

AFC: Indy, Pitt will win their divisons. East and West are tougher to figure, and I will hand it to the Dolphins for their quick start. Time will tell if it's the "same Dolphins, different coach..."

NFC: The whole South division looks surprisingly strong top to bottom. Eagles in the East, North and West divisions will go to whomever screws up the least...Clear that the wild card will not come from those divisions (and in fact the wild card teams will probably have better records than the division winners in the North and West).