Is Gray becoming the next Ted Cottrell

I remember when Ted Cottrell was a hot HC candidate when he was our DC. He then went to the NYJ, got fired & is now DC at Minnesota-on a staff that is almost certain to see its HC fired before the year 2006. Nobody mentions Ted as HC material anymore (although I wouldn't be surprised if he's named interim head coach of the Vikings if Tice gets fired in season).

Is Jerry Gray being exposed by this year's defense, or will he get his HC job?

I think Gray has his reputation as a NFL player and youth on his side, but there are a lot of formerly hot candidates who never got head coaching jobs. Jerry Gray may be the next of these. In fact, if our D continues to be as bad as they've been, he may get the same treatment that Cottrell got in NY.

Cincinnatti is going to smoke us this year unless there is a huge turnaround before then. Trust me, I've seen them play every week and they are the real deal. Their D is not as good as the stats may indicate but I think they have the best offense in the league.

I was not very impressed when he was screaming at #55 after Brooks ran for a first down.

How is yelling suppose to make it better? If your going to say something, make it constructive.

463825[/snapback]

He was yelling because of how close Crowell came to giving them a 15 yard present.