A life long Bills fan...

GoBillsDB

Why? Why do we do this to ourselves? We pour our heart into this, waiting, hoping for something new. Only to be crushed by a team whose year is always next year. A team which is always one or two players away form greatness. Why do we put up with it? A pass floats through Ronnie Harmon's hands. A kick sails wide. Glorious victory is stolen by a kickoff return drawn up in the dirt in some guys backyard. A Hall of Famer bows out of the playoffs because he has the flu. The refs say, "just give it to 'em." A game lost in overtime on the opening kickoff. The most spectacular kick return in recent Bills history ends with a "tackle" by a guy that plays for us and no time on the clock.

I just can't do it any more. Always hoping, no... believing this year to finally be the year. Hope is a dangerous thing for a Bills fan, believing its fatal cousin. It would be so much easier if I didn't hope and believe that this would be the year that the Bills would. not. suck. So much easier indeed...

And so it is, that I hereby relenquish my Buffalo Bills Fandom. I will no longer bear this burden. But I need something to fill the void. When hope is the enemy I turn to the hopeless.

The Arizona Cardinals. The Cards suck. They have always sucked. there is no hope for the Cardinal fan. No belief that this is the year. No hope for next year. There is only the suck. And so, with absolutely no hope, I gladly accept my new role in Cardinal nation. The other 6 Cardnial fans and I will sit back in our recliners next week and watch our hapless warriors bumble their way to yet another embarassing loss. We'll watch the fumbles, the INTs, the missed tackles. We'll watch it all with smiles on our faces. Why? Because we, the fans of the Arizona Cardinals, know that our team sucks. We do not hope. We do not believe. So what differnence does it make? The monkey is off my back, I no longer care.

Hey look!! The caddillac Cards just put a hurtin on the 49ers!!! Damn that Mcown kid sure looked good!! Maybe this year we will...

Aww hell...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?  Why do we do this to ourselves?  We pour our heart into this, waiting, hoping for something new.  Only to be crushed by a team whose year is always next year.  A team which is always one or two players away form greatness.  Why do we put up with it?  A pass floats through Ronnie Harmon's hands.  A kick sails wide.  Glorious victory is stolen by a kickoff return drawn up in the dirt in some guys backyard.  A Hall of Famer bows out of the playoffs because he has the flu.  The refs say, "just give it to 'em."  A game lost in overtime on the opening kickoff.  The most spectacular kick return in recent Bills history ends with a "tackle" by a guy that plays for us and no time on the clock.

I just can't do it any more.  Always hoping, no... believing this year to finally be the year.  Hope is a dangerous thing for a Bills fan, believing its fatal cousin.  It would be so much easier if I didn't hope and believe that this would be the year that the Bills would. not. suck.  So much easier indeed...

And so it is, that I hereby relenquish my Buffalo Bills Fandom.  I will no longer bear this burden.  But I need something to fill the void.  When hope is the enemy I turn to the hopeless. 

The Arizona Cardinals.  The Cards suck.  They have always sucked.  there is no hope for the Cardinal fan.  No belief that this is the year.  No hope for next year.  There is only the suck.  And so, with absolutely no hope, I gladly accept my new role in Cardinal nation.  The other 6 Cardnial fans and I will sit back in our recliners next week and watch our hapless warriors bumble their way to yet another embarassing loss.  We'll watch the fumbles, the INTs, the missed tackles.  We'll watch it all with smiles on our faces.  Why?  Because we, the fans of the Arizona Cardinals, know that our team sucks.  We do not hope.  We do not believe.  So what differnence does it make?  The monkey is off my back, I no longer care. 

Hey look!! The caddillac Cards just put a hurtin on the 49ers!!!  Damn that Mcown kid sure looked good!!  Maybe this year we will...

Aww hell...

462484[/snapback]

I often have those same hopeless, fatalistic thoughts about the Bills. I do believe we HAVE become the Arizona Cardinals/Detroit Lions of the NFL.

The Arizona Cardinals.  The Cards suck.  They have always sucked.  there is no hope for the Cardinal fan.  No belief that this is the year.  No hope for next year.  There is only the suck.  And so, with absolutely no hope, I gladly accept my new role in Cardinal nation.  The other 6 Cardnial fans and I will sit back in our recliners next week and watch our hapless warriors bumble their way to yet another embarassing loss.  We'll watch the fumbles, the INTs, the missed tackles.  We'll watch it all with smiles on our faces.  Why?  Because we, the fans of the Arizona Cardinals, know that our team sucks.  We do not hope.  We do not believe.  So what differnence does it make?  The monkey is off my back, I no longer care. 

462484[/snapback]

thats hilarious stuff. the quoted paragraph, that is. you may get ripped for the other stuff but the whole cardinal nation stuff had me rolling.

Plenty of good seats still available up at Sun Devil stadium, or even at the new stadium (which is shaped like some odd barrel cactus).

I live in AZ and I just kind of pity the guy when I see someone wearing Cardinals gear.

But, ****, who am I to laugh now, being a friggin Bills fan? The Bills do seem to be imploding. I had really thought Mularkey was the right guy for the job, but now I am not so sure.

Good luck with your new team. When Bill Bidwill passes away, though, there are Bidwill sons waiting in the wings.

Watching this team live made it painfully obvious that this team/organization sucks from top to bottom...starting with the cheap owner who won't pay coaches...the GM who may have saved us from cap hell but has put us into a we may never be good again hell...to the coaching staff...to the idiot back-up LB Stamer who should have rolled the saints player instead of helping to trip his own man.

A Hall of Famer bows out of the playoffs because he has the flu.  The refs say, "just give it to 'em." 

462484[/snapback]

Who was that?

I feel your pain though, I was at a point last week watching the Pats beat the Steelers that I almost gave up watching football. I just have one thing to say though, the Red Sox went 86 years with more bullsh*t than any team, and their time finally came. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Who was that?

I feel your pain though, I was at a point last week watching the Pats beat the Steelers that I almost gave up watching football.  I just have one thing to say though, the Red Sox went 86 years with more bullsh*t than any team, and their time finally came.  ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

462545[/snapback]

yeah like your teammate tripping you instead of blocking for you and leading you to the endzone.

Who was that?

I feel your pain though, I was at a point last week watching the Pats beat the Steelers that I almost gave up watching football.  I just have one thing to say though, the Red Sox went 86 years with more bullsh*t than any team, and their time finally came.  ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

462545[/snapback]

Bruce Smith... in the playoff game at Pittsburgh a few years ago. The one where Jim Kelly got hurt so bad he couldn't lift his arm above his shoulder the next day. Yet Kelly, came back in the 2nd half with his arm practically hanging off his shoulder. But Bruce had the sniffles...

Go Cardinals!!!

yeah like your teammate tripping you instead of blocking for you and leading you to the endzone.

462550[/snapback]

As soon as I saw McGee get past the "last" Saint, I told my sister, "oh sh--, there's too many Bills players around him. He's going to run into one of them and get tackled!"

Imagine my surprise when it actually happened.

1995 AFC Divisional game.  With Bruce, we win and prob go to 5 SB in a row.

463243[/snapback]

One thing I've learned from watching the Bills over the years is that there are no surprises. It's plays like that that drive me fuggin crazy. Like the Jets returning the opening kickoff of overtime for a touchdown moments after an amazing last second tying TD. With the Bills you are so high, so hopeful for that one fleeting moment until it all comes crashing down and suddenly you are in a Buffalo Bills induced haze of misery. That's why I quit. The Cardinals will never have a hopeful moment so there is no crash, no haze.

Join me Bills fans!! Shake off the pain and misery of Bills fandom. Know the quiet serentity of cheering on a team with no reasonable hope of even mediocrity. Free Yourself!!! We Cardinal fans now number seven. Who will be the eighth? Who will know the peace of knowing your team will forever suck?! Will it be you?

Join me Bills fans!!  Shake off the pain and misery of Bills fandom.  Know the quiet serentity of cheering on a team with no reasonable hope of even mediocrity.  Free Yourself!!! We Cardinal fans now number seven.  Who will be the eighth?  Who will know the peace of knowing your team will forever suck?!  Will it be you?

464052[/snapback]

Never you traitor!!

Get out and don't come crawling back when the Bills win the super bowl.

Only a coward would quit on his team now.

Never you traitor!!

464081[/snapback]

Damn right.....you know, Ofiba, I like your style.....OPTOMISTS UNITE!!!!!!

Damn right.....you know, Ofiba, I like your style.....OPTOMISTS UNITE!!!!!!

464091[/snapback]

I don't care if we win the super bowl in 1 year or 15 years, either way I'm going to be proud I didn't jump ship at the first sign of a rough spot. It's the bad years that are going to make the celebration that much sweeter.

That being said, the jury is still out on whether or not this is a bad year. We could sneak into the playoffs by winning our division at 9-7. After we're in, all bets are off.

GO BILLS!!!!

I don't care if we win the super bowl in 1 year or 15 years, either way I'm going to be proud I didn't jump ship at the first sign of a rough spot.  It's the bad years that are going to make the celebration that much sweeter.

That being said, the jury is still out on whether or not this is a bad year.  We could sneak into the playoffs by winning our division at 9-7.  After we're in, all bets are off.

GO BILLS!!!!

464099[/snapback]

if the bills don't win some more games this year the future SB party will be in Mexico City.

I don't care if we win the super bowl in 1 year or 15 years, either way I'm going to be proud I didn't jump ship at the first sign of a rough spot.  It's the bad years that are going to make the celebration that much sweeter.

That being said, the jury is still out on whether or not this is a bad year.  We could sneak into the playoffs by winning our division at 9-7.  After we're in, all bets are off.

GO BILLS!!!!

464099[/snapback]

Hell yeah....as much as I feel like punching Mularkey and TD in their heads, I'll never abandon my team.....BILLS FOREVER! (Unless they move....that would suck)

Never you traitor!!

464081[/snapback]

I once thought as you do young one. Clinging to the slightest hope of playoffs and... gasp... Super Bowls. I was trapped. I could not let go. But once I did... oh what blessed day that was. I now find myself steeped in an Arizona Cardinal induced suckdom, and I am free... free of the never ending pain. I no longer watch other teams score on amazing plays and think, "why can't my team do that?" I already know the answer. My team can't do it because they are The Suck. God Bless The Suck. God Bless the Arizona Cardinals...

I once thought as you do young one.  Clinging to the slightest hope of playoffs and... gasp... Super Bowls.  I was trapped.  I could not let go.  But once I did... oh what blessed day that was.  I now find myself steeped in an Arizona Cardinal induced suckdom, and I am free... free of the never ending pain.  I no longer watch other teams score on amazing plays and think, "why can't my team do that?"  I already know the answer.  My team can't do it because they are The Suck.  God Bless The Suck.  God Bless the Arizona Cardinals...

464107[/snapback]

Can I have all your Bills stuff?