A life long Bills fan...

GoBillsDB

Why?  Why do we do this to ourselves?  We pour our heart into this, waiting, hoping for something new.  Only to be crushed by a team whose year is always next year.  A team which is always one or two players away form greatness.  Why do we put up with it?  A pass floats through Ronnie Harmon's hands.  A kick sails wide.  Glorious victory is stolen by a kickoff return drawn up in the dirt in some guys backyard.  A Hall of Famer bows out of the playoffs because he has the flu.  The refs say, "just give it to 'em."  A game lost in overtime on the opening kickoff.  The most spectacular kick return in recent Bills history ends with a "tackle" by a guy that plays for us and no time on the clock.

I just can't do it any more.  Always hoping, no... believing this year to finally be the year.  Hope is a dangerous thing for a Bills fan, believing its fatal cousin.  It would be so much easier if I didn't hope and believe that this would be the year that the Bills would. not. suck.  So much easier indeed...

And so it is, that I hereby relenquish my Buffalo Bills Fandom.  I will no longer bear this burden.  But I need something to fill the void.  When hope is the enemy I turn to the hopeless. 

The Arizona Cardinals.  The Cards suck.  They have always sucked.  there is no hope for the Cardinal fan.  No belief that this is the year.  No hope for next year.  There is only the suck.  And so, with absolutely no hope, I gladly accept my new role in Cardinal nation.  The other 6 Cardnial fans and I will sit back in our recliners next week and watch our hapless warriors bumble their way to yet another embarassing loss.  We'll watch the fumbles, the INTs, the missed tackles.  We'll watch it all with smiles on our faces.  Why?  Because we, the fans of the Arizona Cardinals, know that our team sucks.  We do not hope.  We do not believe.  So what differnence does it make?  The monkey is off my back, I no longer care. 

Hey look!! The caddillac Cards just put a hurtin on the 49ers!!!  Damn that Mcown kid sure looked good!!  Maybe this year we will...

Aww hell...

462484[/snapback]

Are you trying to be funny? Take this sappy, bandwagon crap someplace else. True fans of the Bills NEVER give up on thier team. That would make up Pats fans. They will bury me in Bills Red, white and Blue.

Go whine some place else, loser. No one is interested...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills I know and expect are the team that went 22 YEARS without sweeping the Fish in a season series, TEN of those years without a singe win against the Dolphins.

The Super Bowl years were great and painful, but they will always seem like the aberration.

Guest BackInDaDay
He can create another Username and no one would know the difference later....  :)

464474[/snapback]

No. He's gone. He has attained his freedom from a decades long plunge through the depths of NFL fandom.

He has surrendered his hope and passion for Buffalo Bills' football.

He was once young and strong and he believed with all his heart in his team, but with age comes the harsh realities of life. His slow, deliberate steps have taken him past the years of disappointing losses and failed seasons.

Beyond the pain... beyond caring!

Now, he stands, a free man. The over-whelming burden of love for his team has left him bent and broken, but he stands. And he's not alone. Beside him, is Ralph Wilson. :)

Guest BackInDaDay
Pardon me if I don't feel any pain for Ralph.

464590[/snapback]

You have it backwards JSP.

It's Ralph who feels the pain.

I was attempting to draw the parallel between GoBillsDB's satirical 'fan who's given up' to the reality of the 'owner who's given up'. Guess I missed. :)