No one's talking about the no-huddle

Coach Tuesday

I know we'd rather wallow in our own self-pity on this Board, but among the (many) positives I saw on Sunday was the brief return of the No Huddle.  When they did it the crowd went wild - I hope they continue to use it this year.

33075[/snapback]

And you know what? Drew ran it really well.

the thing that bothers me about everyone being very critical of the game is that you KNOW that mularkey is a guy that will use plays in one game to set up plays in antoher. Look at his plans in pittsburgh.

For example, the play where Drew faked to Traves but threw to McGahee. I guarantee he's got about 15 different variations of that particular play, and we're going to see many of them before the season ends. That's the kind of stuff that wins games, folks.

I thought the playcalling on Sunday was great. Lots of people B word about the passes on 4rd and short, but I just about busted a nut when they ran a draw on 3rd and short and gained about 10 yards.

Perspective, folks. Perspective.

Early 21st century Bills fans remind me of Packer fans of the '80's. They just can't let the past go.

If the Bills use the no huddle, let's hope they use it sparingly. The Bills were fortunate enough 15 years to have a team that stayed together long enough to get on the same page. The no huddle worked then, at least for a season or two. It will not work in today's NFL where teams train young people so they can move to their competitors and rosters change over every year. Time to let go of the past I say.

Just my two cents ...

Early 21st century Bills fans remind me of Packer fans of the '80's.  They just can't let the past go.

If the Bills use the no huddle, let's hope they use it sparingly.  The Bills were fortunate enough 15 years to have a team that stayed together long enough to get on the same page.  The no huddle worked then, at least for a season or two.  It will not work in today's NFL where teams train young people so they can move to their competitors and rosters change over every year.  Time to let go of the past I say.

Just  my two cents ...

33094[/snapback]

I think you're right but the no-huddle offense should be used maybe on a series in the middle of a game to get a spark from the offense and to keep the defense with the same package and guessing what's next.

The Pats began the second game last year (against us) that way and we couldn't do stevestojan against it and they did it this year against the Colts who were expecting heavy dose of Dillon in the opener.

If we can run it for a series, mistake free, it can be a dangerous weapon.

For sure. The playcalling was excellent and one other thing to add: as this was the first game, I have a hard time believing Mularkey came out firing. It takes a few games for the offense to gel and get used to the terminology no matter how many times you go over it in practice. That said, by Game 3 or 4 I think we'll be seeing a much different (and better) offense.

And you know what? Drew ran it really well.

the thing that bothers me about everyone being very critical of the game is that you KNOW that mularkey is a guy that will use plays in one game to set up plays in antoher. Look at his plans in pittsburgh.

For example, the play where Drew faked to Traves but threw to McGahee. I guarantee he's got about 15 different variations of that particular play, and we're going to see many of them before the season ends. That's the kind of stuff that wins games, folks.

I thought the playcalling on Sunday was great. Lots of people B word about the passes on 4rd and short, but I just about busted a nut when they ran a draw on 3rd and short and gained about 10 yards.

Perspective, folks. Perspective.

33090[/snapback]