Well duh, Mike

per ESPN.com's recap:

Losman looked sharp early, rushing for 23 yards and passing for 28 as the Bills drove 75 yards for a touchdown on their first possession. The quick 7-0 lead looked like it might take the crowd out of the game.

"It kind of gives you the sense we should have been doing that more and more," Mularkey said. "After the first drive we really couldn't put anything together."

Glad he figured out what they should have been doing after the game. <_<

At least this will take some of the air out of the sails of the inexplicable Holcomb supporters:

"J.P.'s the starter, and I'm going with J.P.," Mularkey said. "I think everyone understands that."

I sure hope so.

per ESPN.com's recap:

Glad he figured out what they should have been doing after the game.  <_<

At least this will take some of the air out of the sails of the inexplicable Holcomb supporters:

I sure hope so.

462241[/snapback]

So which is it, giving the ball to Willis, or Losman? Losman counted for 51 of 75 yds gained on that drive.

per ESPN.com's recap:

Glad he figured out what they should have been doing after the game.  <_<

I sure hope so.

462241[/snapback]

there's at least one good call by MM there. Even if it means a less than stellar season, you gotta let JP play and go through the growing pains.

So which is it, giving the ball to Willis, or Losman?  Losman counted for 51 of 75 yds gained on that drive.

462248[/snapback]

So what? Whether through breakdowns or coordinated plays, we were gaining yards with the run. The pass was not what got us through that drive. A good game-planner would see that there were holes in the NO run defense and expose them.

Thanks for the usual snide remark.

So what?  Whether through breakdowns or coordinated plays, we were gaining yards with the run.  The pass was not what got us through that drive.  A good game-planner would see that there were holes in the NO run defense and expose them.

Thanks for the usual snide remark.

462262[/snapback]

You're welcome.

The snide remarks will continue until some sense is restored.

It's a gross ovesrimplification to blame this game on playcalling alone, and think that abandoning the run was responsible.

Like it or not, when the braintrust decided to go with Losman, it means that the team and the fans have to go through growing pains. The game is way too fast for Losman now, and you need to wait it out umtil he gets his bearings. If you want to win immedietly, then Losman needs to go to the bench.

The game plan was telegraphed all week. We knew Bills would pass the ball, because the coaches & Losman said all week long is that they needed to get his passing feeling back and let him air it out. Did you miss that?

He came out on fire om the opening drive. The problem is that he obviously can't do it in consecutive drives. People are also ignoring that he's playing against an opposing defense that is playing to his weaknesses.

You cannot waive a magic wand and say if only Willis had run more, we would have a victory. If you accept the premise that Losman's game hasn't arrived, then the outcome of the game is unlikely to have been changed if you gave Willis 10 more carries, unless he took all those runs for TDs. At a certain point, JP would still be faced with 3rd & 5 downs, and right now, you cannot say that he would convert those.

I also hear the regular answers that you need to design an offense that will minimize JP's shortcomings. The trouble with that is that his fundamentals are so deficient at this point, that the masking would be far worse than what we experienced during Todd Collins' apprenticeship.

ps - Funny, I recall last week people were on this coaching staff for not passing more.

You're welcome.

The snide remarks will continue until some sense is restored.

It's a gross ovesrimplification to blame this game on playcalling alone, and think that abandoning the run was responsible. 

Like it or not, when the braintrust decided to go with Losman, it means that the team and the fans have to go through growing pains.  The game is way too fast for Losman now, and you need to wait it out umtil he gets his bearings.  If you want to win immedietly, then Losman needs to go to the bench.

The game plan was telegraphed all week.  We knew Bills would pass the ball, because the coaches & Losman said all week long is that they needed to get his passing feeling back and let him air it out.  Did you miss that?

He came out on fire om the opening drive.  The problem is that he obviously can't do it in consecutive drives.  People are also ignoring that he's playing against an opposing defense that is playing to his weaknesses.

You cannot waive a magic wand and say if only Willis had run more, we would have a victory.  If you accept the premise that Losman's game hasn't arrived, then the outcome of the game is unlikely to have been changed if you gave Willis 10 more carries, unless he took all those runs for TDs.  At a certain point, JP would still be faced with 3rd & 5 downs, and right now, you cannot say that he would convert those.

I also hear the regular answers that you need to design an offense that will minimize JP's shortcomings.  The trouble with that is that his fundamentals are so deficient at this point, that the masking would be far worse than what we experienced during Todd Collins' apprenticeship.

ps - Funny, I recall last week people were on this coaching staff for not passing more.

462293[/snapback]

I agree with all of that. Although it is also true, whether you're a high school or college or pro coach, that when you're running the ball well, you run the ball until they stop you. I think Willis had at least 4-5 runs of 10+ yards and a first down, and I think we threw the ball on the next play on every single one of them. (The stats will show that the first one they ran twice but it was the flea flicker, which was a pass call, and stupid one at that.)