Moulds on the situation

VABills

I did a quick look and did see this, a couple interesting quotes, including WTF game is MM watching?

http://sports.myway.com/news/09282005/v7850.html

Coach Mike Mularkey said Losman has to get rid of the ball more quickly. But he also said receivers have to run crisper routes and stop dropping balls.

"I'm sure they're frustrated, and naturally so," Mularkey said. "But they have to continue to help (Losman's) progress. And that is to continue to get better at their positions."

B-)

"I'm trying to keep a level head," Moulds said Wednesday. "Back four or five years ago, I probably would've lost it by now. But I told coach I'm going to stick with it and see what happens. But there comes a point where we have to win some games, we have to make plays."

and this gem:

"It's tough," he added. "It's hard for me to sit here and bite my tongue."

Again, not sure who he wants to lash out at. I don't see a lot from Losman, but I also feel he hasn't been given the opportunities to succeed either.

The dude should be at the peak of his career and he's working with a kid who has a better than half-assed chance of being a good quarterback. If I were him, I'd be a bit pissed off, too.

460751[/snapback]

Moulds is way past his prime or else he'd make that half assed kid look like a superstar. Do you remember Cunnigham throwing to Moss, Cunnigham looked like a pro bowler.

Moulds is way past his prime or else he'd make that half assed kid look like a superstar. Do you remember Cunnigham throwing to Moss, Cunnigham looked like a pro bowler.

460756[/snapback]

Cunningham had thrown more than 5 career passes entering the 1998 season.

460756[/snapback]

Moulds has gotten too big...not good for an older guy still in his 'late prime'..He looks too muscled up--and you dont see him getting separation the way he did 5 years ago.He looks like a linebacker out there.....that s%$# doesnt work for a receiver.

I did a quick look and did see this, a couple interesting quotes, including WTF game is MM watching?

http://sports.myway.com/news/09282005/v7850.html

:w00t:

and this gem:

Again, not sure who he wants to lash out at.  I don't see a lot from Losman, but I also feel he hasn't been given the opportunities to succeed either.

460692[/snapback]

You took the first one completely out of context (surprise surprise :lol: ). Listen to the audio on the official site and you will hear the full press conference, in which you will discover that he was praising the receivers and saying they should keep doing what they're doing and if they improve, it will only help JP improve.

You took the first one completely out of context (surprise surprise  :w00t: ). Listen to the audio on the official site and you will hear the full press conference, in which you will discover that he was praising the receivers and saying they should keep doing what they're doing and if they improve, it will only help JP improve.

460822[/snapback]

How can "the receivers have to run crisper routes and not drop balls" be misconstrued? :lol:

How can "the receivers have to run crisper routes and not drop balls" be misconstrued?  :w00t:

460886[/snapback]

Well, considering they are obviously paraphrasing whatever it was he said (they didn't use quotes, and in fact the implication is that the actual quote that follows is what supports the paraphrased statement), they have done some interpretation.

There are two options in this type of situation: pout or focus on doing your own job to the best of your ability, because no one's perfect (except of course you VABills). Surprisingly, the head coach of the football team is advocating the latter.