The Documents and Bush

BillsNYC

I just realized something. Bare with me as I try to expalin this. They are now saying that Dan Rather exposed these documents, thinking that they were true, but knowing they may not be.

Isn't this ironic how similar this is to Bush and the war with WMD and how people say he mislead the country with false data?

Same thing on 2 different levels...Republicans and Democrats need to be careful how they proceed with the CBS docs...because somebody could compare the reactions to those and Bush's WMD's.....

Basically, Republicans can't say Bush wasn't misleading the country, then say Dan Rather was.....same goes for the democrats vice versa...

I just realized something. Bare with me as I try to expalin this. They are now saying that Dan Rather exposed these documents, thinking that they were true, but knowing they may not be.

Isn't this ironic how similar this is to Bush and the war with WMD and how people say he mislead the country with false data?

Same thing on 2 different levels...Republicans and Democrats need to be careful how they proceed with the CBS docs...because somebody could compare the reactions to those and Bush's WMD's.....

Basically, Republicans can't say Bush wasn't misleading the country, then say Dan Rather was.....same goes for the democrats vice versa...

32674[/snapback]

Wow... What insight!!

One problem though.... Did you forget that the U.N. had documented WMD's that were to be destroyed? No one knows what happened to these "DOCUMENTED WMD'S" This is a lot different than the heresay argument about GWB.

Intelligence assumptions about additional WMD's are just that, assumptions, made with the best intteligence available.

Forging documents to present as fact to ruin a person and support your theory is quite another issue.. It is my opinion that this is a desperate attempt by the Kerry camp to counter the damage done to him by the OPINIONS of the swift boat vets..

Instead of releasing his own records to answer the allegations made by the swift vets... It is my opion that they chose to turn over documents that they may or may not have fabricated or could not authenticate to their lackeys at CBS to do their dirty work for them...

Dan Rather's "investigative interview" with a biased 86 year old woman was embarrising. But what do you expect? could get anyone with first hand knowledge of what he wants to hear so he relies on a administrative assistant (former secretary) to give her opinion... no facts, no direct knowledge just her "feeling" ..... what a joke... seems a little stalinist in tactics.... news agency acting on fabricated evidence to impune party (DEMS) enemy....

Wher is the outrage on the left for these "McCarthism" tactics?

IMO signs of a very desperate campaign....

:)

That's a novel argument. The falsification of a Bush National Guard memo should be compared to leading the country based on faulty intelligence (and then not holding anyone accountable for some SERIOUS gaffes in the intel). OK.

I guess I'm crazy to care more about the intelligence failure and lack of accountability of my government than Dan Rather using a memo about whether Bush served in the ANG thirty years ago.

BJ,

The only problem with that arguement is if Kerry decides to nominate Rather or someone like him as the DDI.

33467[/snapback]

OK. If he does that, it's an issue. Rather seems like a moron here- assuming he got advice about the illegitimacy of the memos. The only story here is that a news anchor may have made a huge job-ending mistake (I understand he's leaving soon anyway). The memo itself is much ado about nothing.

OK. If he does that, it's an issue. Rather seems like a moron here- assuming he got advice about the illegitimacy of the memos. The only story here is that a news anchor may have made a huge job-ending mistake (I understand he's leaving soon anyway). The memo itself is much ado about nothing.

33476[/snapback]

Okay BJ, or JA, or whoever else you are this moment.

That seems to be Kerry biggest problem and I have touched on it several times. The idiots running his campaign cannot keep him or the group from doing stupid stuff. These are the people that will be the his cabinet. To me that is the biggest reason not to vote for Kerry.

The memo itself is much ado about nothing.

It's nothing...until the truth comes out as to who exactly gave that document to Rather. If it was was even remotely connected a bit up the Kerry ladder...then you're wrong. The memo will not be much ado about nothing. It'll make Kerry's plan to tout Vietnam look like a brillian campaign strategy.

It's nothing...until the truth comes out as to who exactly gave that document to Rather. If it was was even remotely connected a bit up the Kerry ladder...then you're wrong. The memo will not be much ado about nothing. It'll make Kerry's plan to tout Vietnam look like a brillian campaign strategy.

33493[/snapback]

Does the same hold true for the Swift Boat Vets for Innacuracy?