How's Roethlisberger looking tonight?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EXCELLENT question. But beware, this guy will insist JP is the next ELWAY/FAVRE.

453851[/snapback]

Hey, brain-stem....

Go back and read the post. I said he likely ISN'T of their caliber. What I DID say was that even Favre and Elway sucked it up their rookie years.

How many career starts does Roethlisberger have? How many does Losman have?

The development of a QB is not an overnight process. I think it usually takes three full seasons before a final judgement can be made, two at the least, and it usually takes about 5 years before they reach their full potential.

How many career starts does Roethlisberger have?  How many does Losman have? 

The development of a QB is not an overnight process.  I think it usually takes three full seasons before a final judgement can be made,  two at the least,  and it usually takes about 5 years before they reach their full potential.

453869[/snapback]

DING! Another Poster that gets it.

My God, there really *IS* hope for bills fandom.

453873[/snapback]

I think one thing that Pitt did different than we are doing with JP is they kept the offense very simple since he didnt have the off season etc. However I am thinking maybe its time to go to the simplification approach for JP keep it simple and get him into flow of game early each week. This going for the big ones at the start of the game seem to be getting him out of flow etc and he seems to be overthrowing receivers way too mcuh.

How many career starts does Roethlisberger have?  How many does Losman have? 

The development of a QB is not an overnight process.  I think it usually takes three full seasons before a final judgement can be made,  two at the least,  and it usually takes about 5 years before they reach their full potential.

453869[/snapback]

453873[/snapback]

Maybe you would like to pull up Big Ben's stats from his rookie season before you pull something trying to pat yourself on the back.

453873[/snapback]

Weren't you just screaming that losing our best linebacker, maybe for the season, is no big deal?

No need to be such a condescending jackass to people, especially with opinions as wacky as yours, Janus.

Weren't you just screaming that losing our best linebacker, maybe for the season, is no big deal?

No need to be such a condescending jackass to people, especially with opinions as wacky as yours, Janus.

453892[/snapback]

Our best linebacker, huh?

Who led the team in tackles last year, genius?

Next....

Hey, brain-stem....

Go back and read the post. I said he likely ISN'T of their caliber.  What I DID say was that even Favre and Elway sucked it up their rookie years.

453860[/snapback]

why don't you answer dickerson's question? or you can keep trying to justify you're embarassing posts.

as im writing this, big ben just lead his steelers down to tie the game. yep, he's playing like "shiat"

you should really just give up posting for the day.

Maybe you would like to pull up Big Ben's stats from his rookie season before you pull something trying to pat yourself on the back.

453889[/snapback]

And I'm SURE it had NOTHING to do with the #1 D in the league, a kick-azz running game and far superior coaching, did it?

Jackass.

why don't you answer dickerson's question? or you can keep trying to justify you're embarassing posts.

as im writing this, big ben just lead his steelers down to tie the game. yep, he's playing like "shiat"

you should really just give up posting for the day.

453913[/snapback]

Thanks to the Zebras.

Oh wait, they may yet lose it.

453889[/snapback]

I think you and everyone else on the board also know that Roethlisberger is much more of an abberation than the rule among Qbs.

Our best linebacker, huh?

Who led the team in tackles last year, genius?

Next....

Because that obviously is the only determing factor in a player's worth.

Fletcher may have had more total tackles (although Takeo was second), but he is not nearly the overall player that Takeo is. Nevermind that last year Takeo was second on the team in interceptions with 5 and two of them were for touchdowns. London didn't have any interceptions.

Fletcher is fine against the run but is a liability in the passing game. Takeo (as evidenced with his 5 interceptions) is not only good against the pass, but (as evidenced with his 96 tackles) is also fine against the run.

This is all completely ignoring the energy and heart that Takeo brings to the team, too, which is incalcuable. Try a better argument next time, genius, because I can be just as big of an ass as you can.

NEXT.