Bills Digest Subscribers

lawnboy1977

I'm sure there are plenty of Bills Digest subscribers on TBD. Curious, what day do guys typically receive your issue in the mail? I'm sure for those in WNY they get them WED or Thurs, I'm in AZ so some issues I haven't received until a week later, kind of defeats the purpose of reading about the upcoming matchup. So what day?

I'm sure there are plenty of Bills Digest subscribers on TBD.  Curious, what day do guys typically receive your issue in the mail?  I'm sure for those in WNY they get them WED or Thurs, I'm in AZ so some issues I haven't received until a week later, kind of defeats the purpose of reading about the upcoming matchup.  So what day?

452392[/snapback]

Don't they have an online subscription for people thst far away?

I carried a subscription of Shout, beginning in November 1991, and it's replacement "Bills Digest" through the preseason this year. It arrived prior to game day when my subscription first began, but the postal service made a change in how they handled newspapers (or so Shout claimed) in 1992 or 1993 and after that it arrived on the Monday or Tuesday after the previewed game was played, more often than not. I live in Dayton, OH.

Frankly, the quality of the paper dropped over the years and as the internet/home PCs flourished with more information available than what Shout/ Bills Digest provided, I finally let it go this year. The last few years it was more a habit (renewing the subscription) than anything else. Yet, I still pick up an old issue from time to time just to relive the days of the K Gun with Kelly, Thomas, and Reed in their prime.

I'm sure there are plenty of Bills Digest subscribers on TBD.  Curious, what day do guys typically receive your issue in the mail?  I'm sure for those in WNY they get them WED or Thurs, I'm in AZ so some issues I haven't received until a week later, kind of defeats the purpose of reading about the upcoming matchup.  So what day?

452392[/snapback]

I didn't get mine yet this week and I'm in Rochester! :-(

452392[/snapback]

When on time, I usually receive it on Saturday (sometimes Friday).

I didn't get mine yet this week and I'm in Rochester! :-(

452664[/snapback]

They seem to have this problem from time to time. My issue last week arrived waaaay late and I have yet to receive this week's issue. Unless you upgrade your account to 1st class delivery you run the risk of having it arrive late. Periodicals are 2nd class mail and take a backseat to all 1st class mail. The thing to do is go to your post office, explain the problem to them and ask that a "watch" be put on the mag...that will alert the carrier to a problem and might result in a more timely delivery (at least in the short term). I've been meaning to do this but have just been too lazy/busy.