AFC East- Monster games Sunday

smokinandjokin

The AFC East has been considered by many to be the toughest division in the NFL since 2002. With all four teams tied at 1-1, a victory by any of the four this weekend would be huge, since all will have to bring their A-game.

Atlanta @ Buffalo

Jacksonville @ NY Jets

Carolina @ Miami

New England @ Pittsburgh

Jags-Jets loses a little luster since both Leftwich and Martin are banged up, but both are expected to play. Carolina should probably work Miami, and Falcons-Bills will probably be a low scoring toss-up. The doozy is Pats-Steelers, and it is a 4pm game, so I may pop into the Big Tree after the Bills game to catch that one. Steelers should win, but every time you think the Pats are down....

Atlanta @ Buffalo

Jacksonville @ NY Jets

Carolina @ Miami

New England @ Pittsburgh

451302[/snapback]

Those are some battles right there. I say Buffalo, Jags, Carolina, and Patriots win. I didn't know NE-Pit was a 4:00 game, that will be a good one to watch. Patriots have a brutal schedule after this weekend also: Week 4 vs. San Diego, Week 5 @ Atlanta, Week 6 @ Denver. Hopefully it's a changing of the guard...

Those are some battles right there.  I say Buffalo, Jags, Carolina, and Patriots win.  I didn't know NE-Pit was a 4:00 game, that will be a good one to watch.  Patriots have a brutal schedule after this weekend also: Week 4 vs. San Diego, Week 5 @ Atlanta, Week 6 @ Denver.  Hopefully it's a changing of the guard...

451323[/snapback]

And I'll say Buffalo, Jets, Carolina and Pittsburgh. I think Pittsburgh will want to play their best on sunday against the champs.

And I'll say Buffalo, Jets, Carolina and Pittsburgh.  I think Pittsburgh will want to play their best on sunday against the champs.

451407[/snapback]

Being a resident of Pittsburgh, I really can't stand that game, as I don't really

know who I want to win....On one side there is all these steelers fans talking

smack (especially after we laid that BIG EGG in TB and they spanked the

Texans) and I would dearly love to see them lose this game AT HOME...

On the other hand, that gives extra confidence to the Patriots if they

win this game on the ROAD, which I don't want to see a AFC East team win.

Real tough game...Hope the Bills win the 1pm game and make the result

of the evening game irrelevant to me...

Being a resident of Pittsburgh, I really can't stand that game, as I don't really

know who I want to win....On one side there is all these steelers fans talking

smack (especially after we laid that BIG EGG in TB and they spanked the

Texans) and I would dearly love to see them lose this game AT HOME...

On the other hand, that gives extra confidence to the Patriots if they

win this game on the ROAD, which I don't want to see a AFC East team win.

Real tough game...Hope the Bills win the 1pm game and make the result

of the evening game irrelevant to me...

451455[/snapback]

Even if you live there, ya gotta root for the Steelers this week. Don't worry about them, they'll find a way to blow it at the end of the season.

I'd love to see the Steelers take apart the Pats, but the analysts on NFL radio broke down Brady's performances the game AFTER games in which the Pats lost and he had a mediocre day. The numbers are scary--this is a team that can definitely bounce back.

Plus, they haven't lost two in a row in a few seasons, so the Steelers are going to have to really bring it on Sunday afternoon.

I'd love to see the Steelers take apart the Pats, but the analysts on NFL radio broke down Brady's performances the game AFTER games in which the Pats lost and he had a mediocre day.  The numbers are scary--this is a team that can definitely bounce back.

Plus, they haven't lost two in a row in a few seasons, so the Steelers are going to have to really bring it on Sunday afternoon.

451497[/snapback]

And I think they will. Normally I'd never pick against the Pats after a loss, but it's not like it's "just another game" for Pittsburgh, so I don't really think NE has an advantage in the intangibles department.

I'd love to see the Steelers take apart the Pats, but the analysts on NFL radio broke down Brady's performances the game AFTER games in which the Pats lost and he had a mediocre day.  The numbers are scary--this is a team that can definitely bounce back.

451497[/snapback]

It seems like there are times when you can start to discount the Pats, and they bounce back and prove themselves. After going 14-2 the past two regular seasons, it's hard to see them losing 2 in a row.

Trust me, I hope Pittsburgh brings the thunder, but I wouldn't pick against the Pats...I've been burned before when I thought (more with my heart than my head) that they were finished.