Belichick is correct about goal line cameras

Peter

The day somebody puts a computer chip inside of a football is the day life becomes 100% not worth living.

447898[/snapback]

I'm undecided. My parents put an invisible fence around the perimeter of their property so that the dog wouldn't run away... That cost a whole, what $200 at the most?

I can sorta see the same thing in the NFL.

These games are pretty important. The refs have already given away big games for one team or another.. ala da Pats.

Why not put a chip in the ball and if it goes outside - a red light goes on.

Whats the big deal?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that goalline cameras should be there as well. I just find it laughable that since that was the ONLY thing that hurt his team, it's the only thing he mentioned. As I said, he could have still challenged it and had the play never been whistled dead, it would have been a TD for the Panthers anyway, but with a different player getting credit. At best the play would have been called 2nd and goal at the 1 micron line and the Panthers would have scored anyway.

In-ball technology can only hurt, not help our sport.

447863[/snapback]

Competition tennis courts have systems to determine when a ball has crossed a line, why not have such things in the NFL as well? The refs can always choose to ignore the data they're getting because of mitigating circumstances--like a player reaching for the endzone after he's down--but it's a real travesty when a player actually HAS crossed the goal line but the refs don't see it. Remember Travis Henry's uncalled touchdown run against the Raiders last year? The game might have been won if they'd counted it.

Competition tennis courts have systems to determine when a ball has crossed a line, why not have such things in the NFL as well? The refs can always choose to ignore the data they're getting because of mitigating circumstances--like a player reaching for the endzone after he's down--but it's a real travesty when a player actually HAS crossed the goal line but the refs don't see it. Remember Travis Henry's uncalled touchdown run against the Raiders last year? The game might have been won if they'd counted it.

Why do that, when the current system affords the refs the ability to decide who "they" want to win games?

I'd rather take the human element out of officiating anyway I can.  Leave that to the players on the field.

448287[/snapback]

I dunno, you shoudl see some of the atrocious calls i get on madden, that dont get overturned...

The day somebody puts a computer chip inside of a football is the day life becomes 100% not worth living.

447898[/snapback]

It's already in the works, my friend. My roommate last year (Electrical Engineer) had to do a senior design project where they basically had to invent something. They chose that, and the professor said there was already research into that area. They were still allowed to do it, I'm actually not sure how it turned out.