Canada Wins World Cup of Hockey

millbank

Enjoy it. That's all for this year. NHL goes dark at 12:01am on September 16th, just over 24 hours from now. What will people in Canada do without the NHL? I predict beer consumption increases by 20% and reruns of Degrassi will be more popular than ever. Meanwhile, nobody in the USA will even notice the NHL is gone.

Enjoy it. That's all for this year. NHL goes dark at 12:01am on September 16th, just over 24 hours from now. What will people in Canada do without the NHL? I predict beer consumption increases by 20% and reruns of Degrassi will be more popular than ever. Meanwhile, nobody in the USA will even notice the NHL is gone.

31794[/snapback]

somewhere snake and joey jerimiah are smiling

That Canadian boys were superior to their opponents in all phases of their game. They came out and outworked every team that opposed them, and would not be denied the Cup. Congrats to them - they earned it. :D

I saw someone referene Bascketball earlier, but isn't that prety much a dead sport? Screw the NBA and their crybabies...

Besdes. when they fight they throw punches like gils... Somebody needs to show those NBA Nancy-girls how to fight.

31794[/snapback]

What many canadian people will do as they do every winter is play hockey just as they always have,and go watch their local teams, that the nhl not having a season will have little to do with this. House leagues , pickup games on ponds , on city ice rinks will carry on. In our area we often have pickup games with people of all ages with easily 20 - 25 aside right until the ice melts in spring and its time for baseball, I know there are a number of area's in U.S.A that will do the same. The nhl isnt hockey the people are. The owners and players will see very fast the people move on very quickly to other entertainment options as these days there are plenty with the NFL stretching into February and then March Madness, followed closely by baseballs spring training and new season, you are right many will move on to other things and hardly even notice hockey isnt operating, but folks who love hockey will continue to play it as always. Hockey doesnt stop just the NHL

31794[/snapback]

And this is why the NHL is failing!!!!! Alright Canada!!!!!!

Canada may have lost hockey, but i'm still not gonna watch Americas favourite sport.......baseball

Ya, i'll watch 8000 games a season, and only have 4 teams make the playoffs!!

That Canadian boys were superior to their opponents in all phases of their game.  They came out and outworked every team that opposed them, and would not be denied the Cup.  Congrats to them - they earned it. :huh:

I saw someone referene Bascketball earlier, but isn't that prety much a dead sport?  Screw the NBA and their crybabies...

Besdes. when they fight they throw punches like gils...  Somebody needs to show those NBA Nancy-girls how to fight.

31813[/snapback]

Says the man who's country already lost 1 NBA team and very wel could the other very shortly.

Eskimos for me.  Love teams from Edmonton.

32212[/snapback]

Commonwealth Stadium is a great place, with the grass turf and they do get very good attendance it actually does look like professional football. Some of the very cold winter games are very unique and special to Edmonton…. Jackie Parker, Rollie Miles, Normie Kwong..... history of very good football, if I remember rightly it was in a Grey cup between Tiger Cats and Edmonton where a Eskimo was in the clear running for touchdown , someone on the sidelines stuck out their foot and tripped him.