Odds 'n' Ends from the Jags game

Simon

>Jimmy Smith is getting lots of deserved props for the tough catch he made late against a strong, agile corner. But he also deserves props for a hustle play earlier that played a huge part in the final score. He slipped on them rabbit pellets on the play where Ike Reese got his pick, but he never gave up on the play and did an incredible job of burning down the sideline to catch Rees from behind and make the TD saving tackle. It was a 4point play in a tight game where points were at a premium. Bastard.....

>Didn't take long to see that The Keg was all right. About 1.12 seconds I'd say

>I too am wondering why Clements had no help w/ the Jags best WR on 4th/14 late. Not being able to see the whole field, I'm guessing the Bills defense was very proactively defending the sticks, with both safeties patrolling about 17yrds from the LOS instead of playing centerfield. It was a gutsy call and throw from the Jags and they caught us overplaying the percentages.

>Travis' ball-handling was a little cavalier in the 1sthalf but damn did that boy run like a wildman on Sunday.

>I've never given Drew hell about his lack of mobility because I don't really have a problem with pocketpassers. But if you were watching GB/Car last night you saw a great example of one of the few times where his lead feet can actually hurt us. The Panthers ran the same goalline play to the FB that we did, but the difference was that Delhomme was able to slip outside just enough to create a throwing lane for himself whereas Drew could only hope that his TE cut the LB and got him on the ground so he had space to deliver. (The TE did his job but a DB read the fake and filled the throwing lane where the LB was down).

>In order to get a flag thrown at him inside on a quick blast play on a long drive very late in the game where you're just pounding the opposing front7, Chris Vilarrial must have wrenched the Tackle's facemask while he was simultaeneously stripping him half-nekkid. Anybody who was fortunate enough to see a replay or who taped the game and had the stomach to watch it again, I'd really like to know exactly what Vilarial did to earn that one.

>Dear Lawyer; please hurry back

Cya

P.S. Weird prediction for next week:

Mularkey is so desperate to keep the Bills from being 0-2 heading into the bye that at some point vs the Raiders he allows Bobby April to bust out the surpriseonsides.

>In order to get a flag thrown at him inside on a quick blast play on a long drive very late in the game where you're just pounding the opposing front7, Chris Vilarrial must have wrenched the Tackle's facemask while he was simultaeneously stripping him half-nekkid. Anybody who was fortunate enough to see a replay or who taped the game and had the stomach to watch it again, I'd really like to know exactly what Vilarial did to earn that one.

31500[/snapback]

Nothing of the sort. Willis was fully 3 yards past him when the "no impact on the play" hold took place. Terrible call.

Anybody who was fortunate enough to see a replay or who taped the game and had the stomach to watch it again, I'd really like to know exactly what Vilarial did to earn that one.

From the view of replay(s), it didn't look like he did anything wrong, or at least not blatant. I wonder if the call was actually on MW (#68 vs #58 & right next to him) Although certainly not a mugging, it did look like MW had hold of a bit of jersey.