It's a long season folks

ofiba

We played 2 games. We looked great in one, and awful in the other. Chances are, we are somewhere inbetween. Everyone looks bad in at least 1 game a year. Look at the 2002 Pats. In their first week they looked awful. They won the Superbowl. The Ravens super bowl team went 5 weeks without scoring a single touchdown.

The point is, the people calling this a 6-10 season now are just as foolish as the ones talking about the playoffs after game 1. A lot can change over the course of a season. We started 0-4 last season and were one game away from the playoffs. Let's be patient and see how things unfold.

people like to react quickly

just like some people will be calling the pats doomed cuz they had one bad game

although i hate the pats im pretty sure they will have a good season... now about the bills

we'll be fine in the long run... the doomsayers just need something to whine about

i honestly thought it would take 3 weeks b4 our first win because i was sure losman would be very rusty

The point is, the people.....are just as foolish as the ones talking about the playoffs after game 1.

After week 1? Hell, I must be a slobbering mouth-breather cuz' I'm still talking about them now. :doh:

Barring catastrophic injury, I really don't think that anybody's chances of making the playoffs can increase or decrease appreciably between Weeks 1 and 2.

Cya

We played 2 games.  We looked great in one, and awful in the other.  Chances are, we are somewhere inbetween.  Everyone looks bad in at least 1 game a year.  Look at the 2002 Pats.  In their first week they looked awful.  They won the Superbowl.  The Ravens super bowl team went 5 weeks without scoring a single touchdown. 

The point is, the people calling this a 6-10 season now are just as foolish as the ones talking about the playoffs after game 1.  A lot can change over the course of a season.  We started 0-4 last season and were one game away from the playoffs.  Let's be patient and see how things unfold.

445817[/snapback]

Nice post. :doh:

We played 2 games.  We looked great in one, and awful in the other.  Chances are, we are somewhere inbetween.  Everyone looks bad in at least 1 game a year.  Look at the 2002 Pats.  In their first week they looked awful.  They won the Superbowl.  The Ravens super bowl team went 5 weeks without scoring a single touchdown. 

The point is, the people calling this a 6-10 season now are just as foolish as the ones talking about the playoffs after game 1.  A lot can change over the course of a season.  We started 0-4 last season and were one game away from the playoffs.  Let's be patient and see how things unfold.

445817[/snapback]

You make some good points. I would, however, stress that maybe everyone should relax the "greatest defense ever" talk @ this point. I do think we have one very tough D, but let's let the season play out before anointing these guys the next '85 Bears or '00 Ravens.