OT attention saturn owners

njsue

I am looking to buy a new car. Just love the Saturn Ion Quad Coupe in Chili Pepper red. Probably get it next march or april. But, I am so in love with this vehicle.

How is the performance and reliability of the saturn automobile?

Thank you for your reply

Hi there,

My sister has a Saturn (not the same model) and is in love with it. Great gas mileage and very good service from the dealership. The only concern she had was that it has been broken into twice. Apparently they are on "the list" for cars that get their stereos stolen. Otherwise great for what she uses it for. I find it a bit sluggish but then again I'm sort of spoiled. She's happy, the car is about to be paid for and it's probably good for another 5+ years...

I am looking to buy a new car. Just love the Saturn Ion Quad Coupe in Chili Pepper red. Probably get it next march or april. But, I am so in love with this vehicle.

How is the performance and reliability of the saturn automobile?

Thank you for your reply

31423[/snapback]

It's not the same company it was in the early '90s. The quality has dropped exponentially. Just my experience, though not with that particular model as I haven't had one.

performance isn't really something discussed when talking about a saturn...though the new ion red line might have some decent performance...the interiors of saturns are just strange and look like they're cheaply made

reliability of saturn ions are poor (solid black rating according to consumer report)

Thanks for the info.  Guess before I attempt to buy a 2005 I should just check out other options. Maybe another Cavalier.

31495[/snapback]

I know someone who has had a saturn since 1991 with very few problems.

Does saturn make the Ion, or is it made for them?

I've had two Saturns and loved them both. I sold the first because of orders to Japan for 3 years. I didn't want to store it. I also sold the second for a bigger vehicle because of my kids getting bigger. They were great on gas and very reliable. Never had a problem with either of them. They hold a trade in value very well also. Another perk besides the dent proof sides. :D