Bucs had no respect for JP

Peter

Unless JP can do what he did last week and make the other team pay for focusing on stopping our running game, expect to see opposing defenses crowding the box to take Willis out of the game.

JP and the rest of the Bills offense had a horrible game. We were lucky we were not picked off two or three times. It was really important for the Bills offense to keep the defense off the field in that heat. As you all saw, we failed miserably.

With any luck, JP and the rest of the Bills and the "brain trust" can use this as a learning experience. JP cannot afford to lay another egg like this one. I was happy to see that he fought back somewhat (even though we did not score). Yet, there is not much too feel good about this game. I am just happy I did not travel to Tampa (as I almost did) to sit through that game. Ugh.

JP did nothing last week

Get over this Texans ass kicking thing guys,  the Texans blow goats.  We beat a bad team last week and didnt beat them by much.  See the Pittsburgh game....

445030[/snapback]

I totally agree that the Texans are not a good team. JP, however, was able to be effective enough to loosen things up for Willis.

This was a very tough test for the Bills and JP against a great defense in the heat. The Bills and JP failed miserably.

We have no choice but to pick ourselves off the ground, dust ourselves off, and get ready for another tough opponent next week.

If JP cannot be effective when the other teams crowd the box, it is going to be a very long year.

This was a very tough test for the Bills and JP against a great defense in the heat.  The Bills and JP failed miserably. 

445072[/snapback]

I thought the game was very predictable. Don't underestimate the heat. It is brutal for northern teams to play in Florida in September.

Furthermore, the game vs. Texans showed that the Bills couldn't score TD's against a weak defense at home. It was unrealistic to think they would score them against a very good defense on the road.

It was a step back today, but hopefully it was a beneficial learning experience.

It will take about 8 games for JP to starts to feel comfortable. Before then the unbridled optimism around here may diminish to more realistic levels.

I thought the game was very predictable. Don't underestimate the heat. It is brutal for northern teams to play in Florida in September.

Furthermore, the game vs. Texans showed that the Bills couldn't score TD's against a weak defense at home. It was unrealistic to think they would score them against a very good defense on the road.

It was a step back today, but hopefully it was a beneficial learning experience.

It will take about 8 games for JP to starts to feel comfortable. Before then the unbridled optimism around here may diminish to more realistic levels.

445110[/snapback]

I said pretty much the same thing about the heat earlier in the week. Look what happened to Denver in Miami a week ago.

I live in Miami. Let me tell you, it is difficult to just sit in the stands in shorts and a tee shirt during an afternoon game. I cannot imagine playing on the professional level with pads etc. in this heat.

That is the very reason why it was so important for the Bills offense to keep our D off the field.

The Bucs crowded the box and dared us to pass the ball. We were completely unable to do that.

Did anyone notice how many tackles Willis typically had to break just to reach the line of scrimmage or make a two yard game. If JP and the rest of the Bills passing "attack" (I use that term loosely) are not able to be effective when the other team is focusing on stopping the run, it is going to be very difficult to win games.

JP did nothing last week

Get over this Texans ass kicking thing guys,  the Texans blow goats.  We beat a bad team last week and didnt beat them by much.  See the Pittsburgh game....

445030[/snapback]

Huh?

Pit beat them by 5 more points?

1 turnover and gave up 221 yards?

JP did nothing last week

445030[/snapback]

Give away any classified information lately?

You're an idiot.

Take a Prozac, man.

Does it bother anybody that J.P. had 5 completions on 5 attempts with 1:36 left in the game. WTF he was shut down the entire game then goes 5 for 5. Willis had what 40 yds? If it weren't for the D we would have been the beaten by a much larger margin. The D worked their BUTTS off today. Let's hope the jets win and even the field. Next week is a new week. :angry: