Falcons' Mathis out for season

Fan in Chicago

that sucks. :) noone wants to see injuries to players.

and the really sad thing about it, is that he will most likly be remembered as the guy who got ejected for fighting BEFORE the first MNF game of the season, which turned out to be his NFL game. :)

Did you really say that we should have no problem with the Falcons now???  Mathis is like their 5th corner back anyway, that won't make any difference at all.  Atlanta could be the top team in the NFC, and we are definitely the underdogs in that game.

Good. Better to be the 'dogs, sneak up on them and take a chunk out of their hind quarters!

Atlanta could be the top team in the NFC, and we are definitely the underdogs in that game.

442110[/snapback]

Based on what ? I saw most of the game versus the Eagles and I think the Eagles beat themselves with dropped passes. Having said that I want us to be underdogs througout this season and until we are in the playoffs.

I also said that if we beat the Bucs, we should not have a problem with the Falcons. What I meant is that beating the Bucs will indicate that we are not pretenders but can actually beat a good D on the road. Having done that, a home game against a team that is weak in the secondary should be easier to win.