Alamodome tailgate info

Alamodome parking lots will be open for tailgating at 10:00 on the 2nd. There has been some question here in SA about whether or not they would allow booze and grilling (since they don't have the NFL here obviously and there aren't a lot of sporting events held in the dome.) It was announced today that you can party to your heart's content.

There is also some parking on Durango Blvd about 1/4 mile from the dome, but I don't know if tailgating is allowed there. Best bet is to get to the Alamodome lots early, start heaving the pigskins and hoisting the brews. I highly recommend "Shiner Bock" for those of you willing to try a good local brew. (Stay away from "Lone Star" whatever you do!)

Here's a link to the Alamodome parking scheme:

http://www.sanantonio.gov/dome/parkingmap.asp

Directions to the Alamodome lots from the Holiday Inn Riverwalk (for Aussie and her crew):

Take St. Mary’s St. south for 4 blocks to Durango Blvd, make a left onto Durango. Take Durango for about 3 blocks. When you go under Interstate 37, there will be a sign in the median directing you to the Alamodome parking lots. Lot B is the largest of the lots and may be the best bet for those arriving early. Good luck and I’ll keep my eyes open for ya’ll.

Billnut

Alamodome parking lots will be open for tailgating at 10:00 on the 2nd.  There has been some question here in SA about whether or not they would allow booze and grilling (since they don't have the NFL here obviously and there aren't a lot of sporting events held in the dome.)  It was announced today that you can party to your heart's content.

There is also some parking on Durango Blvd about 1/4 mile from the dome, but I don't know if tailgating is allowed there.  Best bet is to get to the Alamodome lots early, start heaving the pigskins and hoisting the brews.  I highly recommend "Shiner Bock" for those of you willing to try a good local brew.  (Stay away from "Lone Star" whatever you do!)

Here's a link to the Alamodome parking scheme:

http://www.sanantonio.gov/dome/parkingmap.asp

Directions to the Alamodome lots from the Holiday Inn Riverwalk (for Aussie and her crew):

Take St. Mary’s St. south for 4 blocks to Durango Blvd, make a left onto Durango.  Take Durango for about 3 blocks.  When you go under Interstate 37, there will be a sign in the median directing you to the Alamodome parking lots.  Lot B is the largest of the lots and may be the best bet for those arriving early.  Good luck and I’ll keep my eyes open for ya’ll.

Billnut

440957[/snapback]

I'll be there! by the way lone star ain't that bad!!! Shiner is bad ass though.

Thanks for the info Billsnut. I'm working on some ideas for the transportation and car pooling details. I'll be in SA this weekend and will check out the routes, parking etc.

More info will follow next week.

441029[/snapback]

Here's a lil crash course on driving here in the Alamo City...

Yields = COMPLETE STOPS NO MATTER WHAT...EVEN AT 4 AM!

Following in line with point 1...these people have no clue what a merge is or how to perform said maneuver

The posted speed limit is a suggestion but most stay at 5-7 mph under the suggestion...usually in the left lane.

Everything is in a !@#$in loop. which means there are two Loop 410 routes that travel east, west, south, and north...which can drive newbies insane

Frontage roads are a B word because they run along ALL of our freeways and during rush hour they are dreadful temptresses that seem to be wide open but end up screwing you big time

The only bonus of driving here is a "turnaround" at every exit...it is a special lane reserved for U-turns so you don't have to fight the light, and makes access to things easier because everything is on the previously mentioned access roads.

That being said...come and enjoy all this city has to offer...just don't get drunk and fall in the river (I have and its like our own mini East river in more of a canal form) or piss on the Alamo...ozzy osbourne did it and he has been banished forevermore

How far is stadium from Downtown.  Can you walk to the tailgate?  I will be there.

441564[/snapback]

Obviously it depends where you are downtown, but, say, from the Alamo to the Alamodome is a little over a mile I'd guess.

BTW, there are still some details to be worked out among the Alamodome people and the Saints re: the tailgate. Two different staffs having to work together on short notice to put together 3 ballgames in a couple of weeks is causing some confusion. A Councilman said today on the radio that they expect an official announcement with final details early next week. I will try to be all over it and let ya'll know what I hear.

Alamodome parking lots will be open for tailgating at 10:00 on the 2nd.  There has been some question here in SA about whether or not they would allow booze and grilling (since they don't have the NFL here obviously and there aren't a lot of sporting events held in the dome.)  It was announced today that you can party to your heart's content.

There is also some parking on Durango Blvd about 1/4 mile from the dome, but I don't know if tailgating is allowed there.  Best bet is to get to the Alamodome lots early, start heaving the pigskins and hoisting the brews.  I highly recommend "Shiner Bock" for those of you willing to try a good local brew.  (Stay away from "Lone Star" whatever you do!)

440957[/snapback]

Shiner > Ziegenbock.

Ziegenbock may advertise that they only sell in Texas, but don't let that fool you, its still owned by Anheuser Busch.