A couple second half observations

AKC

He did make an appearance @ the tailgate, Simon.  I guess the aliens didn't mind if he partied w/ us.

Now, as for you...

439910[/snapback]

Hmmmm, ever notice nobody's ever seen me and GG in the same room at the same time?-)

Were we watching the same game?  Neufeld did really well - didn't see him whiff any blocks.  He even got open on a couple pass routes.  He's such a better blocker than Euhus.

439853[/snapback]

A couple of places you can look to see the pattern of poor run blocking he offered Sunday:

In the first quarter with 6:33 left we are running our 2TE set with Campbell on the SS and Neufeld the WS. The play is over the tackle on Neufeld's side and his job is to seal his man inside while Gandy kicks out for the outside block. We run this all the time to Cambell's side very effectively, but Neufeld ends up in the middle of the running lane tied up with his man. Willis is tackled for no gain.

There's a similar outcome to his getting tied up in the running lane again on the second half red zone play I mentioned in the orginal post; not just stopping Willis but stopping a running score. If either TTeague or RNeufeld gets leverage on their man Willis runs this in easily for a TD.

Also in the 4th with 5:39 you'll see the Texan OLB give him a pop that knocks him completely to the wrong side of his block- allowing the OLB to advance unimpeded into the running lane. In this case the inside block on the opposite side of the hole is so good Willis can fire past Neufeld's assignment for a good gain.

On another note there's a play late in the first quarter where Neufeld is running a drag route from the SS. The play breaks down and JP scrambles out of bounds on the sidleline in front of Neufeld. Granted the network coverage isn't perfect on this shot but it seems that a Texan OLineman is clearly letting up to avoid hitting anyone out of bounds when Neufeld punks him. They flag a Texan for hitting JP IIRC, if they weren't focused on that it would not have been surprising to see a flag going against 88.